Republic after the contract

Subscribe
129  179  219  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  239  279 
Page 229 of 300
Go to
Quote: Question:

So, I spoke to an HR rep for Republic. I have all my ATP mins, except the Multi time. I'm currently sitting on 25 hours. I was told that I need 50 hours total to be hired (Offer letter).

Can't you get the last 25 with the ATC-CTP & the Sim for the type rating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know that we will give you credit for 25 hours of sim toward ME at PSA, and so will just about every other carrier that I have talked to. I would imagine that Republic will give it to you as well.
You have to have it but some people have made it through without. However your only going to get up to 16 hrs in the sim if you do the company's atp/ctp and 10hrs if you do the non-company atp/ctp...

The oral is done right out of systems before you even get to sims so you have to meet the requirements fully before doing the oral.
Ok thanks I'll see if I can get a hold of a recruiter.

Quote: Ok thanks I'll see if I can get a hold of a recruiter.

PM sent

Quote: The oral is done right out of systems before you even get to sims so you have to meet the requirements fully before doing the oral.
Not completely correct.

You can't start the testing process (i.e. the oral) without all the requirements being met, so if you are short some ME hours, they defer your oral until you have enough sim time to meet the minimums.

The down side is you end up doing your oral during your sim training, which might be a handful for some folks. Sims are difficult enough without also having to study for/worry about the oral.
Quote: Not completely correct.

You can't start the testing process (i.e. the oral) without all the requirements being met, so if you are short some ME hours, they defer your oral until you have enough sim time to meet the minimums.

The down side is you end up doing your oral during your sim training, which might be a handful for some folks. Sims are difficult enough without also having to study for/worry about the oral.
Most of the people in my class who still need a decent amount of time have had the start of their sim sessions pushed back a week. When talking with my recruiter in the past, it sounds like doing the oral out of timing is a last resort for them.

Either way, they are not very consistent with people.
Quote: I could be wrong, but I think you need the full 50 to begin. The 25 only goes to the R-ATP guys/gals.
The 25 hrs goes for both R ATP and full ATP. I think the regz say 50 hrs of which 25hrs can come from a sim (level D). I know someone that got hired with 25hrs of multi cuz they will get 25hrs through training. Another regional though. I'd ask a recruiter at Republic, maybe they will.
45 people with seniority greater than 1 year are off the list from Jan to Feb. That's the highest attrition we've seen so far. Good for movement. Pay needs to come up though to keep the back of the line growing. Though it seems like classes have been large.
Is there a Contract for bonus or training?
When do you start getting paid and how much?
Is per diem included?
Training schedule?

Thanks
Wasn't RAH supposed to emerge from BK today?
129  179  219  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  239  279 
Page 229 of 300
Go to