SkyWest Cadet Benefits

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Does anyone know how the SkyWest Cadet flight benefits work? I attended the cadet program and my travel benefits page says "active". I have an interview scheduled for next month and a march class date so technically they should not kick in until 12/28 (90 days prior). I am booking paid travel home which will cost me over $700 so if I can travel standby I would much rather try that.

Does anyone know if they are active? I booked a ticket on Delta travel net and it gave me a confirmation number. I quickly canceled the ticket, simply wanted to see if it would work.

Thanks!
If it's an interview for the company why are you footing the airfare bill?
Love it. Class date before interview. How times have changed.

I would try to avoid paying for your way home also. If you can do it standby, do that. Loads should be light in Jan. But I don't know how the cadet program works in terms of travel. Save your funds for when you are on the line.
I don't know anything about the Cadet program benefits, worst case maybe you could find a SkyWest employee that could get you a buddy pass?
Quote: Love it. Class date before interview. How times have changed.

I would try to avoid paying for your way home also. If you can do it standby, do that. Loads should be light in Jan. But I don't know how the cadet program works in terms of travel. Save your funds for when you are on the line.
Might want to read that again....he has a march class date.

DH
Quote: Might want to read that again....he has a march class date.

DH
I think he/she did. The OP stated he/she had been given a class date prior to even interviewing, which points to the fact that the interview has become no more than a formality to ensure you're a real person.
He is a cadet, which means he has already had one interview. The second interview for cadets may have become just a formality.
Quote: I think he/she did. The OP stated he/she had been given a class date prior to even interviewing, which points to the fact that the interview has become no more than a formality to ensure you're a real person.
Reading about the Skywest cadet program, you're monitored during the entire time in a part 141 school, and do occasional meetings during that time. You're offered a CJO until the "interview", but you've already been watched over the few years leading up to the actial interview.
Quote: He is a cadet, which means he has already had one interview. The second interview for cadets may have become just a formality.
Yeah I'm not sure how it exactly works for cadets. Is the first interview the normal one that every applicant goes through then? If not, it still doesn't negate the fact that they're giving class dates out with the assumption the cadet will pass the normal interview.
Quote: Yeah I'm not sure how it exactly works for cadets. Is the first interview the normal one that every applicant goes through then? If not, it still doesn't negate the fact that they're giving class dates out with the assumption the cadet will pass the normal interview.
Not sure how they're doing it now. I came in at the very beginning of the program. My second interview was a full interview/sim/written/CRM. Class date offered after the fact.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to