Skywest v2.0

Subscribe
399  449  489  495  496  497  498  499  500  501  502  503  509  549  599  999 
Page 499 of 1089
Go to
Quote: That's a relief then. You'd think management would have motivation to get these guys through IOE faster if they're paying them to take a month long vacation right after the check ride.
Problem is they have captains waiting on IOE too. Guess which one is cheaper.
Quote: Problem is they have captains waiting on IOE too. Guess which one is cheaper.
Ah. I can see clearly now the rain is gone...
Quote: As much as I would love to read through over 500 pages of text I'd rather not haha. I just had a few questions, I'm a new guy just doing his casual airline search.

Skywest seems interesting. How do you guys who work there now enjoy it?
Good so far. No complaints, then again others have them. There are bad and good days of course.

Quote:
Whats the upgrade time to Captain?
Less than two years and dropping in ORD and especially DTW. Not sure about MSP. Out west it's much longer. That of course applies to the CRJ. For the ERJ I believe it fell down to three years in ORD. That could of course change, these things are ever changing.

Quote:
How long are you on reserve as an FO and what are your "junior" bases?
Minimal in DTW, four months in ORD for the CRJ, like a year for the ERJ in ORD. No clue about the rest.

Quote:
When is your contract up and how well do you feel it is now?
Which contract?

Quote:
I'm an east coast guy, originally. So i'd like to stay near this side of the coast for a base (IAH/ORD)
Pick ORD or DTW. IAH is still open, but it has shrunk significantly and no one knows whether it will stay open or regain its former glory.
Quote: Pick ORD or DTW. IAH is still open, but it has shrunk significantly and no one knows whether it will stay open or regain its former glory.
My family lives in Houston so I'm in Houston often. I've noticed we've gotten back flights we used to have that had been flown by XJT and Mesa for the past year or so. Maybe a decent sign for IAH.
Quote: I think they are making stuff up, but have you checked the ppm?
I tried looking under compensation.. couldn't find anything on overtime.. where else would I look??? I really don't want to pickup anymore redtime now crew sch. Told me it would be valid for OT when I called them after I picked it up.
Quote: My family lives in Houston so I'm in Houston often. I've noticed we've gotten back flights we used to have that had been flown by XJT and Mesa for the past year or so. Maybe a decent sign for IAH.
Houston is done. The 900 delta flying is leaving so that leaves nothing there.
Quote: My family lives in Houston so I'm in Houston often. I've noticed we've gotten back flights we used to have that had been flown by XJT and Mesa for the past year or so. Maybe a decent sign for IAH.
Routes and city pairs change almost daily. It's the block hours that count, And those continue to drop.
Quote: I tried looking under compensation.. couldn't find anything on overtime.. where else would I look??? I really don't want to pickup anymore redtime now crew sch. Told me it would be valid for OT when I called them after I picked it up.
Your next step is to contact a SAPA rep.

Just for my own curiosity, is payroll or crew-support telling you no OT?

If CS, fill out a CSC if they are found to be in error.
Quote: Your next step is to contact a SAPA rep.

Just for my own curiosity, is payroll or crew-support telling you no OT?

If CS, fill out a CSC if they are found to be in error.
You can't fill one out till after the SAPA president election when the SAPA website comes back on
Quote: You can't fill one out till after the SAPA president election when the SAPA website comes back on
Truth. Hahaha.
399  449  489  495  496  497  498  499  500  501  502  503  509  549  599  999 
Page 499 of 1089
Go to