Compass Updates - Saga Continues

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52  102  502  1002 
Page 2 of 1327
Go to
Anybody live in AUS that can comment on the commute to LAX? How easy is it to get to/from?

Also interested in info on the possibility of trip overnights in AUS.

Thx.
I don't live in Austin but looking at today it shows 10 flights, 3 on our own metal which is almost a guarantee that you will get on. Mix in a couple southwest flights and this commute is likely a piece of cake. Also you won't have any trouble getting some AUS overnights once you get some seniority.
We need to link to the other thread...otherwise people will start with a all the same questions again! oh wait....they don't read it anyway!
Whats up w hiring?
can someone give us the low down on interview quality of training and upgrade forcast?
Quote: Whats up w hiring?
can someone give us the low down on interview quality of training and upgrade forcast?
  1. Hiring 40/month through the end of May. Current Seniority list has 781 Pilots listed on it. Most Jr. CA is a May 2015 Hire.
  2. Interview is pretty basic. Written exam with ATP questions as well as a HR portion with scenario based questions.
  3. Upgrade is ever changing, someone hired today could expect an 18 month upgrade roughly.
Quote: Has anyone used any of the per diem tax prep companies/programs or the FLICA version? Do any of them have instructions on how to use it with TurboTax?
Free Per Diem Calculator - Pilot Per Diem - Flight Attendant Per Diem - Airline Per Diem

Check out that website. Its a free calculator that works great. Go into crewtrac and plug in every overnight for 2015. It will then generate the rates for you and you can either figure out how do to it yourself or take it to your tax professional. The standard deduction is 6,300 for the 2015 tax year. My per diem alone for tax purposes almost took me to the standard rate. Throw in a few other itemized deductions, Union Dues, uniform, job fairs, etc, and you are looking at easily topping the 6,300. I am not a CPA so consult with the proper people.
Quote: new thread?
This was supposed to go in the last thread...not sure how it ended up here. Tapatalk sucks.

Oh I guess the last thread died. Technical difficulties... Tapatalk does suck [emoji34]
Quote:
  1. Hiring 40/month through the end of May. Current Seniority list has 781 Pilots listed on it. Most Jr. CA is a May 2015 Hire.
  2. Interview is pretty basic. Written exam with ATP questions as well as a HR portion with scenario based questions.
  3. Upgrade is ever changing, someone hired today could expect an 18 month upgrade roughly.
Was told recently we are doing 40 a month for the foreseable future. Due to attrition on both FO and CA sides.
Quote: I don't live in Austin but looking at today it shows 10 flights, 3 on our own metal which is almost a guarantee that you will get on. Mix in a couple southwest flights and this commute is likely a piece of cake. Also you won't have any trouble getting some AUS overnights once you get some seniority.

Thank you sir. Good to hear.
TSH has 50 orders for the E175-E2, delivery for 2020. Anyone else know about this?
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52  102  502  1002 
Page 2 of 1327
Go to