Page 229 of 390
Go to
And . . . any news on today’s drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New hire drop news?
And . . . news on today’s drop?
Quote: Why is that relevant?
Uhhhhhh......curiosity ?

Everyone talks about the quick upgrade time on the 717 and the 88, was just curious about the other equipment that new hires are getting sent to.
MSP
Anyone have any current advice on a path to MSP? I know it's pretty senior and there won't be any drops there, but is it even worth considering during a drop whether or not the equipment is transferable there? If I could transfer as a plug sometime in the near future, would it be worth it, or better to just commute somewhere else with less seniority and better movement, at least for the time being? As a former mil guy (no real idea what the 121 lifestyle trade offs are like) I'm just trying to understand what my choices might be.
Quote: Seen a lot of 73 spots for classes, what’s the upgrade time on the 73 currently?
NYC based 73N FO here.

Hired Sept
Finished OE end of Nov.
Reserve Dec - Apr.
Line holder starting in May.
Quote: NYC based 73N FO here.

Hired Sept
Finished OE end of Nov.
Reserve Dec - Apr.
Line holder starting in May.
I think he's asking about upgrade timeline to Captain.

My WAG to first reasonable opportunity to upgrade to 73NA for those getting hired now:

NYC: 3 years
DTW: 4 years
ATL/SLC/MSP/LAX/SEA: 5-7 years

... and the folks who take that upgrade will have a good number of people filling in above them for another 2 years before they then start marching up the list with accelerated retirements.
Quote: Anyone have any current advice on a path to MSP? I know it's pretty senior and there won't be any drops there, but is it even worth considering during a drop whether or not the equipment is transferable there? If I could transfer as a plug sometime in the near future, would it be worth it, or better to just commute somewhere else with less seniority and better movement, at least for the time being? As a former mil guy (no real idea what the 121 lifestyle trade offs are like) I'm just trying to understand what my choices might be.
considering how much MSP is shrinking, i think it's going to be 3+ years to be the plug on anything there.
Quote: considering how much MSP is shrinking, i think it's going to be 3+ years to be the plug on anything there.
Not to mention the churn with categories opening and closing is going to make things hard to predict up there.
Back on topic.....
So how about today’s drop?
Quote: I think he's asking about upgrade timeline to Captain.

My WAG to first reasonable opportunity to upgrade to 73NA for those getting hired now:

ATL/SLC/MSP/LAX/SEA: 5-7 years

I like your optimism
129  179  219  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  239  279  329 
Page 229 of 390
Go to