Pre 9/11 payscales

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to
I could be wrong, not the first time. But I recall UAL 744 CA max out was somewhere around 335/hr. 757 was around 225.
Quote: wow, its been so long I almost forgot that they used to make money. Isn't it odd that everyone seems blown away by FedEx/UPS new contracts when in reality they are just catching up to the pax airlines 8 years ago. What a sad industry.
Blown away by the contracts yes. But attracted more than anything by their stability (at least I am). If I can get around 6 figures without worry losing my job tomorrow that would be a great feeling.
Quote: It all depends on what stage of life you're in. My time benifits my kids more than the extra money would. QOL for my wife and 3 kids is not something I could explain on microsoft excel.
Once the kids have have graduated from college, the money might be more important. However, that's still 16 years away.
BOTH are important, and BOTH were good by 2000-2001.

We need to work back to that, and stop whoring ourselves out to the likes of VA, B6 and Skybus!
and guys.. understand, it wasn't pilot pay that ruined the airlines. Fuel costs, 9/11 down turn, and airline mismanagement are all far more to blame.

The easy place to cut however (as fuel prices, and incompetence are harder to manage) is pilot pay. Damn overpaid pilots!
Quote: remeber ryan that a more important part of a contract than pay rate is the section that refers to QOL and benefits. good QOL and benefits are the equivalen in $ of 30%-40% of hourly rates. bringing that back would be more important than bringing back pay rates.

You meant that as sarcasim right? I haven't been able to purchase anything with QOL items.....I'd rather have my $5000 / month back...
I says: Gimme the QOL & the $$$

Hey guys, after close to 20yrs military, I've thrown my hat in the ring with SWA (awaiting the March Decision Board). I've watched the industry from the sidelines for quite sometime, but I'm no doubt naive about a lot of things compared to many of you. In the constant quest for higher knowledge, does anybody have suggestions on a "go-to" source (ie book) that objectively discusses labor, management, unions, LCC, regionals, 9/11, deregulation, etc.

The two quotes below from within this thread kinda got me to thinkin:
Quote:
We need to work back to that, and stop whoring ourselves out to the likes of VA, B6 and Skybus!
Quote:
If I can get around 6 figures without worry losing my job tomorrow that would be a great feeling.
Quote: I says: Gimme the QOL & the $$$

Hey guys, after close to 20yrs military, I've thrown my hat in the ring with SWA (awaiting the March Decision Board). I've watched the industry from the sidelines for quite sometime, but I'm no doubt naive about a lot of things compared to many of you. In the constant quest for higher knowledge, does anybody have suggestions on a "go-to" source (ie book) that objectively discusses labor, management, unions, LCC, regionals, 9/11, deregulation, etc.

The two quotes below from within this thread kinda got me to thinkin:
I think a book called "Hard Landing" may answer some of your questions. One that may not be as objective is "Flying the Line" Vols 1 and 2. I know you are not going to an ALPA carrier, but good info as well.

ALPA needs to write a vol. 3 "Flying the Line III, the RJ Years".
Quote: a "go-to" source (ie book) that objectively discusses labor, management, unions, LCC, regionals, 9/11, deregulation, etc.
Bravo on your 20 years! That LTC retirement paycheck will help you a lot..

Flying the Line Vol 1 and 2 are a MUST read... Contact ALPA for a free copy.
Thanks for the advice. Just ordered Hard Landing via amazon. Can't find the free Flying the Line from ALPA. Maybe I'll call Monday.

Oh yeah, I'm ANG so I won't be joing the Check-of-the-month club until age 60...plus I'm just transitioning from f/t to p/t with the Guard for now, but that'll still help a little with the $$$.
Quote: Thanks for the advice. Just ordered Hard Landing via amazon. Can't find the free Flying the Line from ALPA. Maybe I'll call Monday.

Oh yeah, I'm ANG so I won't be joing the Check-of-the-month club until age 60...plus I'm just transitioning from f/t to p/t with the Guard for now, but that'll still help a little with the $$$.
Its too bad.....SWA gives new hires a copy of Hard Landing. At least they used to.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to