Omni Air Pilot Negotiations update

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26  66 
Page 16 of 91
Go to
Quote: Why would u come here over Kallita or atlas
Easy, they don't want to hire/interview me... so here I am, making the best of it. I for one would rather not burn the place to the ground like some are spring loaded to do.
Quote: That should be enough for them to make a real move on something in the coming week. Them coming to the union last week is a strong indicator that they actually want to make a deal. An ongoing issue has been the radical nature of both sides.
Both sides are acting radical? Is the Negotiating Committee pushing for industry leading or something? Are they trying to top $400 an hour? What are they doing that is radical? Is this radical position based on your opinion or is it based on data benchmarked against the rest of the industry?
Quote: Just heard a rumor that 34 Omni pilots submitted there resignation today.

12 pilots going to Atlas and 22 pilots going to Kalitta.

If true, that is a loss of 16% of your pilot group in one day!
This is how rumors start! Some body post B.S. on a website and people read it and post it on other websites as the gospel! The real numbers of resignations today was 3 to 4 not 34! Final number was 4. It was a mix of Captains and FOs.
Quote: Both sides are acting radical? Is the Negotiating Committee pushing for industry leading or something? Are they trying to top $400 an hour? What are they doing that is radical? Is this radical position based on your opinion or is it based on data benchmarked against the rest of the industry?

As in any organization there is a small group of radicals. I would generally place them into two categories: Vengeance radicals and Ideological radicals.

The vengeance group seeks revenge against the company for past grievances (both real and perceived).

The ideological group is driven by the very notion of wealth inequality and can’t stomach the fact that the company has been quite profitable over the years. Social justice warriors if you will.

Make no mistake there are a few who want to see the place burn to the ground but most are just run with the crowd types.

And before anyone jumps me; yes there are also some people who will never question the company.

These groups are more than capable of trafficking in misinformation and deception.
Including the company as well.
Very clever Hillbilly - did you get that from a fortune cookie?

Next time you order Kung Pao chicken maybe the cookie will provide you with some virtue to truthfully answer the original question posed by myself, Rosebud, Dutch et el. Why can't we see some information on the recent offer.

I won't hold my breath.

I think know what the truthful answer is here, but I’m not quite ready to reveal my thoughts just yet. Maybe another day.
Does anyone know who are our P2P reps and contact info?

I checked on the 1224 webpage...
but couldn't find anything.

You can pm me. Thanks
Quote: Does anyone know who are our P2P reps and contact info?

I checked on the 1224 webpage...
but couldn't find anything.

You can pm me. Thanks
I just send you a PM.
Bad faith negotiations
Omni keeps using it's old play book to get an agreement, the ole behind the back of the negotiation committee with the union and now the most egregious of all, the direct negotiations with the pilot group to try to get us to force the union to a vote on the "as of yet unagreed upon TA." These guys would rather waste time than come to the bargaining table with people that can actually make a bargain. Truly pathetic.
I only hope that the newest of the new hires don't look at all the shiny and glittery stuff and try to strong arm the Union to putting forth a vote on a as of now TA with holes galore in it. That's not gonna float people.
Bad faith negotiations
Quote: You will see the contract when there's a Tentative Agreement. Until then, asking to see it is just playing into the Company's plot to end run the NC and "negotiate" directly with the pilot group.

Don't fall for it.
Well you predicted it. Omni did just what you said. You must have a crystal ball? Or maybe you've been around awhile and just know the kind of people we're dealing with.
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26  66 
Page 16 of 91
Go to