Omni Air Pilot Negotiations update

Subscribe
26  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  46  86 
Page 36 of 91
Go to
Quote:
Conspiracy theory:
Sounds about right ...

Way to support the union and your fellow pilots during the critical period of negotiations. Stirring up dissent plays right into management's hands.

Quote: Sounds about right ...

Way to support the union and your fellow pilots during the critical period of negotiations. Stirring up dissent plays right into management's hands.

I'm sorry Sheldon, I forgot your not good at recognizing sarcasm.
Quote: I'm sorry Sheldon, I forgot your not good at recognizing sarcasm.
OK clearly I missed that.

It's just that your post sounds a lot like the serious conspiracy theorists that are out there. Whenever they spout their nonsense it weakens the union's position.

Now adjusting sarcasm meter for Rolloutflare posts...
That's what sucks about text. Context and connotations are easy to misinterpret.
Is Omni currently hiring into the 777? Can you tell them that you'd rather wait for a 777 class if given a 767 class date?
Quote: Is Omni currently hiring into the 777? Can you tell them that you'd rather wait for a 777 class if given a 767 class date?
The 767 has better flying and schedules. The 777 has less flying opportunities and a high failure rate for inexperienced pilots. You might be given a choice or request a type, but new hires are usually assigned equipment. Good luck.
Quote: The 767 has better flying and schedules. The 777 has less flying opportunities and a high failure rate for inexperienced pilots. You might be given a choice or request a type, but new hires are usually assigned equipment. Good luck.
Why would the triple be harder to fly than the 76? It's more automated with a better FMS. I'd rather fly the triple as it's cooler and would give me better mobility with a triple type.
Quote: Why would the triple be harder to fly than the 76? It's more automated with a better FMS. I'd rather fly the triple as it's cooler and would give me better mobility with a triple type.
Don't bother coming to Omni. You'd be part of the failure statistic if you ask a question like that.
Quote: Don't bother coming to Omni. You'd be part of the failure statistic if you ask a question like that.
Why do you say that? I know people that fly the triple and they say it's a real easy plane to fly. What's so hard about it? Is it something the way Omni flys it that makes it so hard with a high wash out rate?
Quote: Why would the triple be harder to fly than the 76? It's more automated with a better FMS. I'd rather fly the triple as it's cooler and would give me better mobility with a triple type.
Actually the 767 type is way more marketable. Don't get caught up in plane envy. If your an inexperienced guy be happy with either. But at Omni the 767 has better trips and less airline travel then the 777. As far as the failure rate goes the 777 is not an easy airplane to start out on. You aren't just learning to fly a new aircraft but learning to manage a new airplane. If you aren't familiar with automation like the triple it can be a challenge. The 767 is actually a great airplane to start on as your first heavy. The 76 has a lot of automation but isn't too automated, it's the perfect amount of both. As a new hire I would absolutely take the 76 over the triple. Again better trips, less airlining, and more desirable type at this time.
26  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  46  86 
Page 36 of 91
Go to