PenAir Pilots Fortress of Solitude

Subscribe
37  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  57 
Page 47 of 66
Go to
Not as a 121 operator !!
To add a little encouragement to those that do stick through this temporary hardship, remember after 5 years you get a super cool Thermos®! No...I'm not kidding it's a nice Thermos®!
#Penairstrong
Seriously?
"Alaska Business - 2017 Top 49er #33 PenAir"
"Proud to be in the Top 49. Thank you to ALL of our customers who are the true winners."

You also might want to send a big thank you to ALL of the vendors you are screwing over in bankruptcy. Does Alaska Business Monthly really want to laud companies in bankruptcy? It kinda sends the wrong message.
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...or-load-factor
It sounds like the Pribs town hall meeting didn't go so good. Corvus went to St.Paul before Danny with a projected seat cost of 401$, Danny was asked what PenAir's projected seat cost would be and he had no clue... Sounds like they will probably loose the Pribs and McGrath, Danny's plan of holding the government hostage for EAS money is going to backfire on him and do more damage to the company. On a lighter note 5 Captains have gave notice this week with a lot more to come, even after shutting down 2 bases they are still short on pilots. If they loose the Pribs and have a bad A-Season then I predict they will close the doors in the spring and it will probably be on the 9th or 24th, the day before pay day.
Saab 2000 Summary
Saab 2000 (5 Total) Summary:

N680PA: Airworthy
N681PA: Stranded in Dutch for three days, but ferried back to ANC today (APU catches on fire)
N682PA: Sent to Springfield, Missouri for heavy check
N686PA: Permanently out of service
N687PA: Permanently out of service

Does this spell trouble?
If you still work at Penair and wish to still work there hoping they will make it through bancruptcy and things will normalize, the question you should be asking yourself is" why has no one in senior management been fired?". Have you ever seen a company go chapter 11 and keep the exact same management personnel.Not just VP's, but a DM that couldn't keep planes flying promoted to VP and DO that chose not to hire pilots for PDX or DEN. How will things improve with the ecaxt same people in place?
There has been an email that DS will be hosting a "State of the Company" address over the next several days at specific locations throughout the route structure. Please chime in if you are able to attend one of these meetings to share your thoughts on the future of Pen Air.
Quote: Saab 2000 (5 Total) Summary:
N686PA: Permanently out of service
N687PA: Permanently out of service

Does this spell trouble?
...As in given back to owner or it's damaged beyond economic repair?
Quote: ...As in given back to owner or it's damaged beyond economic repair?
Possibly the former (kinda sorta) after the latter (kinda sorta). Both have been severely cannibalized to keep the other 2000s running. From what I can gather, I do not believe the lessors want 686 and 687 back, they just do not want them further cannibalized. If I was a lessor, I would not want my aircraft used as a parts store either. I would want them flyable in case I found reputable and financially solvent organization willing to lease them.
37  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  57 
Page 47 of 66
Go to