Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2018, 08:06 AM   #1  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Position: TBM and Meridian Captain
Posts: 6
Exclamation New Hire Without ATP

Hey y’all,

I have a buddy who just came over from a regional and was hired a month or two ago. I have been flying in the corporate world for 8 or so years and finally am making the move to the airlines. He said, “Dude, skip the regionals and apply here!” I have all of the required minimums except an ATP rating.

Commercial:
2990 TT
1300 MultiPIC Turbine/Jet

Apparently there is at least one person in a training class without an ATP. I would love to work with Spirit, but I don’t know if I’m crazy thinking they’ll hire me and get me an ATP rating while I’m in training. Has anyone else seen Spirit hire a pilot without an ATP?
hhutchens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:11 AM   #2  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 51
Default

Your type ride is an ATP ride. That’s how I got mine. If you have the written and the time, I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it
TheDudeabide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:35 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,641
Default

I’m pretty sure the requirements are having an ATP. Not saying there haven’t been exceptions but I wouldn’t expect a call without one. One would think the applications have gotten more competitive with the contract being ratified.
Qotsaautopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:38 AM   #4  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 47
Default

What jet have you been flying that didn’t have a type ride? Sounds like the time to get your ATP
IwasInverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:42 AM   #5  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2011
Posts: 61
Default

Please see 61.156
501D22G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:43 AM   #6  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Position: TBM and Meridian Captain
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeabide View Post
Your type ride is an ATP ride. That’s how I got mine. If you have the written and the time, I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it
I do not have the CTP course or written test completed yet.
hhutchens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #7  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Position: TBM and Meridian Captain
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasInverted View Post
What jet have you been flying that didn’t have a type ride? Sounds like the time to get your ATP
CE-525
Citation CJ3. It was for a Part 91 customer.
hhutchens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhutchens1 View Post
I do not have the CTP course or written test completed yet.
Well you officially have Zero chance without that. Go get your ATP and apply after or go to a regional to get one.
AllOva736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhutchens1 View Post
Hey y’all,

I have a buddy who just came over from a regional and was hired a month or two ago. I have been flying in the corporate world for 8 or so years and finally am making the move to the airlines. He said, “Dude, skip the regionals and apply here!” I have all of the required minimums except an ATP rating.

Commercial:
2990 TT
1300 MultiPIC Turbine/Jet

Apparently there is at least one person in a training class without an ATP. I would love to work with Spirit, but I don’t know if I’m crazy thinking they’ll hire me and get me an ATP rating while I’m in training. Has anyone else seen Spirit hire a pilot without an ATP?
The regionals will pay for your ATP.
Blackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:15 AM   #10  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 47
Default

Go to a regional and get it for free. The other option is pay for the ATP course through Flight Safety or wherever, before your next citation recurrent.
IwasInverted is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply

Tags
atp, spirit
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
July 31st ATP Written andycfi Part 91 and Low Time 19 09-30-2014 06:14 AM
ATP with type rating or just ATP Bumper Flight Schools and Training 7 01-21-2014 10:06 AM
ATP Airline Apps question Crazy Canuck Career Questions 2 10-08-2013 03:13 AM
Does ATP hire outside CFIs? dl773 Flight Schools and Training 17 07-27-2013 08:20 AM
ATP Inc. Purchases 20 Diamond Jets jdr7225 Flight Schools and Training 22 09-13-2011 08:29 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:51 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1