Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
CRJ1000's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2007
Position: B-747-400/8
Posts: 131
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerJosh View Post
Iceman,

Do you have a link to the actual study results or full paper?
Iceman, thanks for the information. Really great to think about. If you have full like could you post or PM when you have time. Thanks!
CRJ1000 is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerJosh View Post
Iceman,

Do you have a link to the actual study results or full paper?
Sent you PM
iceman49 is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJ1000 View Post
Iceman, thanks for the information. Really great to think about. If you have full like could you post or PM when you have time. Thanks!
Sent you PM
iceman49 is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 02:03 AM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Falcon 900 EASy FO
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedude View Post
In a modern JET there are very few items that need to be accomplished by memory. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are O2 and runaway stab. All others can wait a few mins.

More airlines and operators need to move to eliminating memory items. The more you have the more chance you have at screwing it up.
I agree 100%. However with the trim runway if it goes full nose up you're dead. (This is what I've heard from people who've done it in the sim. I don't know if that's true, and obviously the sim is not the airplane.)
FlyingNasaForm is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 04:56 AM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Laxrox43's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: E190 FO
Posts: 1,093
Default

I used to fly the Citation Bravo (CE-550B) in y past life and we were allowed to pull the Pitch Trim CB for a trim runaway without referencing a checklist. Once the runaway event was under control, we would then reference the EMER checklist for "Pitch Trim Runaway."
Laxrox43 is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Posts: 182
Default

Not sure about the real airplane, but it is possible to land the 200 with full nose up trim in the sim. My sim partner and I did it in initial training.

Also, pulling the breakers is part of our Immediate Action Checklist, but they are NOT memory items.
jackal24 is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #17  
Are we there yet??!!
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingNasaForm View Post
I agree 100%. However with the trim runway if it goes full nose up you're dead. (This is what I've heard from people who've done it in the sim. I don't know if that's true, and obviously the sim is not the airplane.)

Never having flown a barbie jet, just old Boeings and Airbuses, isn't there a stab brake built into the system that only requires opposite force than the trim to stop the trim (or elevator) from moving?

Even if the trim does runaway to the full stop position, you should still be able to control pitch via power. Not an ideal way but it does work and I had to demo it in the A-300 sim training.
Thedude is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #18  
Chief Jeppesen Updater
 
FlyerJosh's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver
Posts: 3,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedude View Post
Never having flown a barbie jet, just old Boeings and Airbuses, isn't there a stab brake built into the system that only requires opposite force than the trim to stop the trim (or elevator) from moving?

Even if the trim does runaway to the full stop position, you should still be able to control pitch via power. Not an ideal way but it does work and I had to demo it in the A-300 sim training.
Both the bus and the boeing have trim wheels. The CRJ does not. The only indicator of trim movement and position is on the EICAS or through the control forces (And eventually the trim in motion aural warning).
FlyerJosh is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Trip7's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,543
Default

Memory item at ExpressJet(ASA).
Trip7 is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
pokey9554's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Cessna 150
Posts: 653
Default

This:

Bombardier Model CL-600-2B16 (CL-604) Airplanes and

It is required by AD to be a memory/ immediate action item. All airlines that operate the CRJ should have a similar procedure.
pokey9554 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
circuit breaker, crj-200, emergency, faa
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Express Jet Memory Items and Limits Vampire Regional 19 12-12-2010 02:37 PM
QRC vs Memory Items schone Major 5 07-31-2007 07:17 PM
Memory Items WhiteH2O Regional 29 03-14-2007 09:48 AM
expessjet limitations and memory items sdenomme Regional 10 02-15-2007 03:57 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:51 PM.