Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
Trans States Airlines Regional Airline
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2018, 01:01 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
SoFloFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 489
Default Company Vibe

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could give me some insight to the company culture, pilot group, contract (start of negotiations and when does the contract end), QOL, what bases run junior, do you like the company and would you recommend it to a new hire, future if the company, basically everything and anything.

I live in South Florida so regardless of which regional I choose, Iíll have to commute for a bit.
SoFloFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:53 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
blindfayth's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 223
Default

Dead forum.
blindfayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:49 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: sitting
Posts: 112
Default

Itís a dead forum because TSA is a dying regional. Everyone who could answer OPís questions is too busy filling out applications trying to get out of the dumpster fire.
brokepilot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:21 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
SoFloFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 489
Default

This was extremely disappointing
SoFloFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:07 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: sitting
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
This was extremely disappointing
Welcome to the regional industry...
brokepilot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:16 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: sitting
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could give me some insight to the company culture, pilot group, contract (start of negotiations and when does the contract end), QOL, what bases run junior, do you like the company and would you recommend it to a new hire, future if the company, basically everything and anything.

I live in South Florida so regardless of which regional I choose, Iíll have to commute for a bit.
The pilot group is great, only a select few who arenít. Contract negotiations are underway but the company is already dragging their feet. QOL is nonexistent due to how short staffed we are. You will be used and abused as an FO here. Junior assignments, extensions, and reroutes are the norm. The IAD/DCA co-domicile is the junior base, expect to be based there for quite a while. Would I recommend the company to a potential new-hire? Absolutely not.

If you live in south Florida I would recommend going somewhere with a MIA base. Hope thatís more helpful.
brokepilot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:52 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokepilot2 View Post
The pilot group is great, only a select few who arenít. Contract negotiations are underway but the company is already dragging their feet. QOL is nonexistent due to how short staffed we are. You will be used and abused as an FO here. Junior assignments, extensions, and reroutes are the norm. The IAD/DCA co-domicile is the junior base, expect to be based there for quite a while. Would I recommend the company to a potential new-hire? Absolutely not.

If you live in south Florida I would recommend going somewhere with a MIA base. Hope thatís more helpful.
You wont be in IAD/DCA for a really long time. After around 6 months people are getting out to the base they want excluding RDU. It's a stagnant base.
Rmk1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #8  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 14
Default

Go somewhere else
CCpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: sitting
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmk1991 View Post
You wont be in IAD/DCA for a really long time. After around 6 months people are getting out to the base they want excluding RDU. It's a stagnant base.
Most junior FO in DEN is a 07/05/17 DOH. Stop lying to new hires.
brokepilot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:25 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
SoFloFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 489
Default

Thatís a bit better lol Iím all seriousness, thanks for the info. Probably gonna scratch TSA off my list
SoFloFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? Guard Dude Delta 197524 Yesterday 03:58 AM
CommutAir Rumors and Info Crawl CommutAir 5246 04-15-2019 03:50 AM
Corporate Pilot-SOUTHERN COMPANY BLURCEO Corporate 26 03-19-2019 03:30 PM
Why a Pilot Should Want to Work at UPS flyphisher Cargo 176 06-17-2018 08:04 AM
Delta Snap Up SpecialTracking United 156 02-09-2017 11:01 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:11 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1