Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Union Talk For macro-level discussion: legislation, national unions, organizing pilot groups, etc.For airline-specific discussion, use relevant forum above.
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #1
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2014
Posts: 886
Default Thread deletion

Well I see my thread about the National Right To Work Act was deleted. I figured that was a possibility. And that's OK. Because what it proves is that differing points of view are NOT tolerated. I put no profanity in them. I kept it civil. On purpose.

What it PROVES is that disfunctionality is even on the forum here. Only union pilots are allowed to participate. And again, that's OK. And here is why: because the ignorance of the discriminatory practices of union functions will only hasten their demise.

If unions are to survive, the ONLY way they will is if they are willing to accept accessment from outside and revise their business model. That will be when pigs fly, because the money is where their power is. Managing principles is where the power is. NOT THE MONEY.

Most of you don't like my accessments about unions and so be it. But sticking your heads in the sand is a typical union reality in the 21st Century. Just like it was since David Benekhe was starting ALPA.

I truly hope the professional pilots in America are ready for it.
Route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #2
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 129
Default

I could be wrong, but based on what little I read of your prior thread, I would imagine that there is a fairly good chance that your thread was closed because by about post #3 someone had turned it into a political "the left are babies / the right are idiots" shouting match.
RyeMex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2014
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeMex View Post
I could be wrong, but based on what little I read of your prior thread, I would imagine that there is a fairly good chance that your thread was closed because by about post #3 someone had turned it into a political "the left are babies / the right are idiots" shouting match.
Thank you. There's another possibility. And even reinforces my points even more. Pilots are so disfunctional that majic tricks and slight of hand distractions cause them the problems they face now a days. As a major airline pilot for over thirty years pilots keeping their eyes on the ball is a complete impossibility. And many wonder why I don't want to be a member of such a disfuntional group that, for now, has a legal right to your pocket book.
Route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:00 PM   #4
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeMex View Post
I could be wrong, but based on what little I read of your prior thread, I would imagine that there is a fairly good chance that your thread was closed because by about post #3 someone had turned it into a political "the left are babies / the right are idiots" shouting match.
And how many other posts has the same BS happened in with no deletion or anything? How many posts are completely off topic and full of Bs? What a joke.

Post it again Route66.
CAirBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:56 PM   #5
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2014
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAirBear View Post
And how many other posts has the same BS happened in with no deletion or anything? How many posts are completely off topic and full of Bs? What a joke.

Post it again Route66.
I will when it passes and signed into law.
Route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:45 AM   #6
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cheddar's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 301
Default Thread deletion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
the ignorance of the discriminatory practices of union functions will only hasten their demise.



If unions are to survive, the ONLY way they will is if they are willing to accept accessment from outside and revise their business model. That will be when pigs fly, because the money is where their power is. Managing principles is where the power is. NOT THE MONEY.



Most of you don't like my accessments about unions and so be it. But sticking your heads in the sand is a typical union reality in the 21st Century. Just like it was since David Benekhe was starting ALPA.



I truly hope the professional pilots in America are ready for it.

I don't often agree with your "tactics" (and I'm not trying to be derogatory) in the AA section even if I might actually think many of your arguments are valid, but I wish I had read the other thread before it was closed. I don't know why the thread was removed, but I couldn't agree more with the statement above.

"Let us reason together." - said someone much smarter than Cheddar

Edited for lack of coffee!
Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #7
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2014
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
I don't often agree with your "tactics" (and I'm not trying to be derogatory) in the AA section even if I might actually think many of your arguments are valid, but I wish I had read the other thread before it was closed. I don't know why the thread was removed, but I couldn't agree more with the statement above.

"Let us reason together." - said someone much smarter than Cheddar

Edited for lack of coffee!
That is a very thoughtful gesture that I totally agree with. I like that. Let us reason together.

It was simply about the National Right to Work Act which eliminates the mandatory dues payments by non-members, of which I am one. Its not that I am necessarily against unions, but I KNOW you can't change it UNLESS you, the individual, can withhold YOUR hard earned money from an entity that fails to perform in a fashion that advocates the interests as a whole with fundamental principles.

I am anti-union, anti-ALPA, anti-APA because APA motto "through these doors walks the worlds finest pilots" is only for LAA pilots. Their LOS and even those of the LAWA pilots have used their system to advance their small groups interests and not those of the whole.

My belief only (maybe) and my right. But I KNOW the power to the APA and ALPA is growing weaker by the day, the NRTW Act will soon be passed and the wasted dollars going to Carey, Wilson, Bates, etc. will come to an end.

Only THEN can a new way of real thinking come about. The corpus must die before the Phoenix can rise again. Dick Lyons, whom most of you do NOT even know, would approve. Look him up.

Again, let us reason together.
Route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #8
Organizational Learning 
 
TonyC's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner
Posts: 4,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post

Well I see my thread about the National Right To Work Act was deleted.

You see wrong, as usual. It wasn't deleted, it was closed. It's here:

And so its begun.....

Maybe it was locked because you intended it to be "a doozie." Maybe it was locked because you started throwing around the scab label. Maybe it was closed because you, for whatever reason, seem to have a hard time lately engaging in civil conversation.


Maybe you could find a different outlet or solution for your anger issues.







.
TonyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #9
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2014
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
You see wrong, as usual. It wasn't deleted, it was closed. It's here:

And so its begun.....

Maybe it was locked because you intended it to be "a doozie." Maybe it was locked because you started throwing around the scab label. Maybe it was closed because you, for whatever reason, seem to have a hard time lately engaging in civil conversation.


Maybe you could find a different outlet or solution for your anger issues.







.
Hmmmm. Again, my point is made. BTW, the "scab" label is not my label. Its a union made label and IN FACT it is in the APA Constitution and Bylaws. Even ALPA doesn't have it in theirs. Again, not my term of endearment. But now that you and I both said the "S" word i'm sure this thread will be closed as well. Doozie??? Really?? Can you say "micro-agression"? PC. Look it up.
Route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:44 PM   #10
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA
Posts: 4,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
That is a very thoughtful gesture that I totally agree with. I like that. Let us reason together.

It was simply about the National Right to Work Act which eliminates the mandatory dues payments by non-members, of which I am one. Its not that I am necessarily against unions, but I KNOW you can't change it UNLESS you, the individual, can withhold YOUR hard earned money from an entity that fails to perform in a fashion that advocates the interests as a whole with fundamental principles.

I am anti-union, anti-ALPA, anti-APA because APA motto "through these doors walks the worlds finest pilots" is only for LAA pilots. Their LOS and even those of the LAWA pilots have used their system to advance their small groups interests and not those of the whole.

My belief only (maybe) and my right. But I KNOW the power to the APA and ALPA is growing weaker by the day, the NRTW Act will soon be passed and the wasted dollars going to Carey, Wilson, Bates, etc. will come to an end.

Only THEN can a new way of real thinking come about. The corpus must die before the Phoenix can rise again. Dick Lyons, whom most of you do NOT even know, would approve. Look him up.

Again, let us reason together.
First let me say I think you make some valid observations.... I do have one question however, lets say you were allowed as a non member to not pay dues... thus in my opinion you should NOT be allowed any of the benefits negotiated under your companies CBA... thus YOU must negotiate your own term and conditions.. would your submit to that? I.e, no membership.. no dues.. simply at the employees at the will of the company and subject to what they may or may not choose to compensate you... ???
HercDriver130 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moak Thread Moved 757Driver Major 0 10-13-2010 01:33 PM
No Thread specified... ??? ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE Hangar Talk 2 04-12-2008 10:46 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:06 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.