C34 Update…interesting read

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 10:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Position: 787 FO

Originally Posted by Gooselives View Post
Not just anyone else is better
I have you at a marked disadvantage. I have seen most of these reps in action. I cannot imagine how almost any line pilot would not be a far better representative than the Toddlers. The TA is all the evidence anyone should need, but I am glad to provide plenty more if you need it.

They do good work. The recall will not pass.
Do tell. I am sure many here would love to hear about all their good work.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by jerryleber View Post
Whoever is elected by the pilots who is willing to serve. Pretty simple.
Barton cronies, Morse or her cronies, Kravitt or his cronies are all a hard no. Any other candidate that smells of political payback, arrogance, or any member of the many failed previous MECs are another hard no. This thread pushes a narrative that the outgoing/recalled MEC is the worst that there could be, but the reality is that the outgoing MEC was a better choice than those before. Now, those who were tossed out before are slithering back into the limelight hoping that pilots either weren't here or have a short memory.

The question is fair - name names. Who is running?

I fully agree that UAL pilots need to take back THEIR union, but making the same mistakes over and over direct from the land of broken toys is, well, you know.
Old 10-05-2022, 02:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

I have you at a marked disadvantage. I have seen most of these reps in action. I cannot imagine how almost any line pilot would not be a far better representative than the Toddlers. The TA is all the evidence anyone should need, but I am glad to provide plenty more if you need it.

Recall votes have been super close. Not the only happy customer of there services and communication and representation. Keep up the good work reps.
Old 10-05-2022, 02:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

They do good work. Not the only happy customer of there services and communication and representation.
Do you have any specifics?
Old 10-05-2022, 02:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2022

To discredit the entirety of NO or JE’s terms based on their support of the TA is a political move. They should no longer represent us, but their service should not be forgotten either. Noel is a goofball, but you’d be hard pressed to find a guy who was more eager to go to bat for pilots during investigations or grievances. Sometimes one could argue, to the detriment of the pilot.

The vast majority of an LEC reps job is not eating steak at the Lowe’s ORD, it’s talking to a pilot who woke up hungover with a formal complaint made against him by the hotel for bad behavior on an overnight. Or a pilot who is bitterly disappointed that the CPO won’t give him/her paid time off for his dog’s funeral. It’s largely a very thankless job and NO was very present for his pilots. Again, I’d say the TI cult caught up to him, but I’d say the onus is on anyone else to prove that most of these well-intentioned but out of touch reps didn’t spend 20+ hours a week dealing with self-induced pilot drama.
Old 10-05-2022, 02:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: 787 Captain

Originally Posted by Chowdah View Post
To discredit the entirety of NO or JE’s terms based on their support of the TA is a political move. They should no longer represent us, but their service should not be forgotten either. Noel is a goofball, but you’d be hard pressed to find a guy who was more eager to go to bat for pilots during investigations or grievances. Sometimes one could argue, to the detriment of the pilot.

The vast majority of an LEC reps job is not eating steak at the Lowe’s ORD, it’s talking to a pilot who woke up hungover with a formal complaint made against him by the hotel for bad behavior on an overnight. Or a pilot who is bitterly disappointed that the CPO won’t give him/her paid time off for his dog’s funeral. It’s largely a very thankless job and NO was very present for his pilots. Again, I’d say the TI cult caught up to him, but I’d say the onus is on anyone else to prove that most of these well-intentioned but out of touch reps didn’t spend 20+ hours a week dealing with self-induced pilot drama.
Jerry is in C12 and won't be voting on anyone's recall. No need to waste time answering his questions.
Old 10-05-2022, 02:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Recall votes have been super close. Not the only happy customer of there services and communication and representation. Keep up the good work reps.
C-5 in NY wasn’t even remotely close…..it was actually embarrassing.
Old 10-05-2022, 02:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Chowdah View Post
Noel is a goofball, but you’d be hard pressed to find a guy who was more eager to go to bat for pilots during investigations or grievances. Sometimes one could argue, to the detriment of the pilot.
I don't doubt it. With few exceptions reps do a great job of disciplinary representation which is very important, but it isn't a big differentiator.

I was more curious about decisions around the MEC table. Did they push back against the MC's support for Boeing and the 737 Max? Did he vote to allow a third term for MEC officers? Did they enforce the Policy manual's prohibition against the MC taking BOD lifetime 1st Class travel benefits? Were they a good financial fiduciary for the pilots' dues money? Did they vote for and try to sell this TA?
Old 10-05-2022, 02:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

Originally Posted by JoePatroni View Post
Larry B isn’t there to get a new contract, he’s there to remove the failures who brought us this POS in the first place.
Exactly, additionally with Larry having attended and participated in 8 ALPA BOD meetings. What better person to make sure Insler doesn’t get elected
Old 10-05-2022, 09:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by JoePatroni View Post
Larry B isn’t there to get a new contract, he’s there to remove the failures who brought us this POS in the first place.
So he can’t walk and chew gum apparently? If newly elected reps are just there to tear old house down then prepare to disappointed at lack of new TA over next 24 months.