Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > United > => United Contract 2022
TA1 voting closes November 1 at 1000ET. >

TA1 voting closes November 1 at 1000ET.

Search
Notices

TA1 voting closes November 1 at 1000ET.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 07:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Default TA1 voting closes November 1 at 1000ET.

Just a friendly reminder that voting is still open on TA1. Please remember to cast your NO vote before the window closes at 1000ET on Nov. 1st.

Access to the voting site isn't easy to find on the ALPA website, the link below will take you there.

https://www3.alpa.org/Default.aspx?tabid=6263
Old 10-16-2022, 06:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

lol TA2 is going to be announced very soon.
Old 10-17-2022, 05:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Position: 787 FO

Originally Posted by ERAUAV8TR View Post
TA2 is going to be announced very soon.
Really? If you know that you must know what is in it. Care to share the details with us?
Old 10-17-2022, 05:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by ERAUAV8TR View Post
lol TA2 is going to be announced very soon.
Wow, that was insightful.
Old 10-17-2022, 06:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: 787 Captain

Originally Posted by Guppydriver95 View Post
Wow, that was insightful.
This union and pilot group will come unglued if there isn't an TA2 announced in the next 2 weeks. I don't mean that in a good way.
Old 10-17-2022, 06:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Position: 787 FO

Originally Posted by AxlF16 View Post
This union and pilot group will come unglued if there isn't an TA2 announced in the next 2 weeks. I don't mean that in a good way.
Why do you say that? The chances of the company offering enough even to get it through the UAL MEC is pretty slim IMO, and I think most pilots agree.
Old 10-17-2022, 06:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

There would have to be an AIP and then that would lead to contract language getting drafted and that would formalize a TA. There is a defined period of time (7 days) for the MEC to review according to the policy manual...but we know that is more of a "suggestion manual" because it isn't required. Then the talking heads (NC, legal counsel, SMEs etc) need to come up with a sales plan and huge stack of power point presentations assuming the MEC approves the TA.

There are 10 business days left for before the vote on the Tumi TA fails. Let the damn thing die...and then set realistic expectations that we aren't getting a contract anytime soon. It will be to the company's advantage to drag them out until we are deeper into a recession and then they have the leverage either in mediation or worst case - arbitration. Right now we have record sales and a TK staffing problem...we have the leverage but we can't force a timeline. It's very easy for the company to slow roll United Next until they have a better negotiating environment. Recession will lead to concessions and a longer term contract to be stuck with them...I would place bets on TA2024.
Old 10-17-2022, 07:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018

I too think that the chances of getting a TA2 by Nov. 1st are very slim. We need an overwhelmingly strong NO vote on TA1 with very high participation -- this is how we can most directly demonstrate our unity to the company. For anyone who was a fence-sitter or just waiting to cast their vote until the TA1 roadshows were done (and then cancelled), don't wait to vote until October 31st when the inevitable announcement comes that no deal has been reached.

Now is the time to cast your NO vote for TA1.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 777 CA

Quite the opposite. I don’t know of any pilot who thinks that we’ll have something acceptable in 2 weeks.
Old 10-17-2022, 12:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by FlewNavy View Post
There would have to be an AIP and then that would lead to contract language getting drafted and that would formalize a TA. There is a defined period of time (7 days) for the MEC to review according to the policy manual...but we know that is more of a "suggestion manual" because it isn't required. Then the talking heads (NC, legal counsel, SMEs etc) need to come up with a sales plan and huge stack of power point presentations assuming the MEC approves the TA.

There are 10 business days left for before the vote on the Tumi TA fails. Let the damn thing die...and then set realistic expectations that we aren't getting a contract anytime soon. It will be to the company's advantage to drag them out until we are deeper into a recession and then they have the leverage either in mediation or worst case - arbitration. Right now we have record sales and a TK staffing problem...we have the leverage but we can't force a timeline. It's very easy for the company to slow roll United Next until they have a better negotiating environment. Recession will lead to concessions and a longer term contract to be stuck with them...I would place bets on TA2024.
Sure that’s certainly possible. But if the company plays the slow roll/let’s hope for a recession game in order to attempt to negotiate a sub par UPA, then “United Next” is dead. Kirby can’t pull it off if pilots aren’t supporting his initiatives. So I guess the question is, how bad does he want it?