Search
Notices

Word From Credible Source

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 06:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Default Word From Credible Source

Rumor is the UAL MEC intends to remove a few concessions and achieve a new TA that doesn’t touch inflation. Your leader says inflation doesn’t matter.

I took a lot of heat for warning about the worthless concessionary TA and that’s fine.

These new contracts at AA, UAL and Delta will shape the future for all you new hires. We have never had more leverage. The United MEC and NC are a cancer. IMO they are destroying your future.

Get involved. Vote to recall all the Yes voting reps.

Your MEC is a nightmare.
Old 07-30-2022, 06:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

After the incredible accuracy of the original contract rumors, maybe we should hold off on the rumor milll a bit?
Old 07-30-2022, 07:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2022

Fear is a stronger motivator than truth. This is sort of the de facto purpose of social media.

FWIW, I don’t think a TA would pass with less than 8% DoS and at least 5% for ‘23 & ‘24. I don’t know what the “right” number is, but at this point the pilot group probably has higher expectations than they did 2 months ago. The MEC is under a lot of scrutiny to deliver.
Old 07-30-2022, 07:45 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by gzsg View Post
Rumor is the UAL MEC intends to remove a few concessions and achieve a new TA that doesn’t touch inflation. Your leader says inflation doesn’t matter.

I took a lot of heat for warning about the worthless concessionary TA and that’s fine.

These new contracts at AA, UAL and Delta will shape the future for all you new hires. We have never had more leverage. The United MEC and NC are a cancer. IMO they are destroying your future.

Get involved. Vote to recall all the Yes voting reps.

Your MEC is a nightmare.
How is it our standards are so low? How can any self respecting pilot vote yes for what is surely going to be woefully inadequate P.O.S. TA2? I truly
can not understand this pilot group. Have a back bone for once.

VOTE NO - TA2 , RECALL these idiots and lets get to work.
Old 07-30-2022, 08:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

recall now!

Another revelation Thursday from our MEC chair: they won’t release the results of this ridiculous survey! Not even to the pilot group! This mentality is divisive and destructive when we have an exceptional opportunity to know where we stand and what we, the line pilots want.

I don’t care if the company finds out what we want. In fact, they need to know! Negotiations are just that. We cannot reach an agreement acceptable to the pilots and to company collectively if we don’t negotiate in good faith. This is the backbone of any deal. Wtf is going on here? It’s not right, not ethical, nor a good representation of what I believe is a unified UAL pilot group. I’m baffled about this more each day.

Who in the world is this Mike Hamilton? Rhetorical question, at this point I don’t care and they all need to go.

End the shady misleading garbage leadership now please.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:35 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by massgflight View Post
recall now!

Another revelation Thursday from our MEC chair: they won’t release the results of this ridiculous survey! Not even to the pilot group! This mentality is divisive and destructive when we have an exceptional opportunity to know where we stand and what we, the line pilots want.

I don’t care if the company finds out what we want. In fact, they need to know! Negotiations are just that. We cannot reach an agreement acceptable to the pilots and to company collectively if we don’t negotiate in good faith. This is the backbone of any deal. Wtf is going on here? It’s not right, not ethical, nor a good representation of what I believe is a unified UAL pilot group. I’m baffled about this more each day.

Who in the world is this Mike Hamilton? Rhetorical question, at this point I don’t care and they all need to go.

End the shady misleading garbage leadership now please.
Agree. I’m so tired of all of this top secret nonsense as if that gives us some kind of extra advantage. The company already knows what we want. It’s not rocket science! Scope, Retirement, Compensation, and QOL.

History has proven that all of the cloak and dagger nonsense doesn’t work particularly with this group of negotiators and MEC. Publish the Survey results!
Old 07-30-2022, 02:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Survey results: Restart a comprehensive section 6 overhaul even if that takes longer. Free text unanimously stated a desire for recalls.
Old 07-30-2022, 02:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Deleted deleted
Old 07-30-2022, 05:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SFO Guppy CA

Originally Posted by Chowdah View Post
Fear is a stronger motivator than truth. This is sort of the de facto purpose of social media.

FWIW, I don’t think a TA would pass with less than 8% DoS and at least 5% for ‘23 & ‘24. I don’t know what the “right” number is, but at this point the pilot group probably has higher expectations than they did 2 months ago. The MEC is under a lot of scrutiny to deliver.
Pay is the least of our worries regarding this TA!!! This TA is fundamentally flawed. Add pay to let the Company operate the way they’ve always operated??? How bout let’s get contractual language to prevent them from operating like they have. How this thing was even agreed upon in the first place is alarming!!!
Old 07-30-2022, 06:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by DashTrash View Post
Pay is the least of our worries regarding this TA!!! This TA is fundamentally flawed. Add pay to let the Company operate the way they’ve always operated??? How bout let’s get contractual language to prevent them from operating like they have. How this thing was even agreed upon in the first place is alarming!!!
Stockholm Syndrome. The elected representatives, to include those at ALPA national, are not just sympathetic to, they are actively working to advance management’s interests at our expense.

Recall