Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > United > => United Contract 2022
UAL MEC representative recall wave begins >

UAL MEC representative recall wave begins

Search
Notices

UAL MEC representative recall wave begins

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 05:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by jerryleber View Post
Not sure where you have been the past few years (pandemic), but even if they could attend LEC meetings pilots have had very little way in which to know how completely dysfunctional their MEC is. They tend to trust what their reps have been telling them. Now they know that the majority of this MEC has become a cult of personality (TI). They see the non-stop lies regarding the TA and how completely out of touch the MEC is. The clearest evidence is the work product of Todd and the Toddlers and it is horrendous.

I know right? “Results Matter”?

After the wave of anger runs it’s course, what is it we’re trying to change? Most importantly how?
Old 08-19-2022, 06:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Position: 787 FO

Originally Posted by awax View Post
what is it we’re trying to change? Most importantly how?
You can stop pretending this is complicated. We're trying to replace a cult of personality (TI) and corruption with fresh blood and better representation to avoid debacles like TA1. If you want to see where we are headed refer to what happened after DAL TA1. This process while not easy is healthy.

Last edited by jerryleber; 08-19-2022 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-19-2022, 08:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

“I know we’re all mad at King George NOW. but really, what choice do we have? Break away from England? Please! Who’s going to lead us then? We’re better off just giving them what they want!”

-NASC
Old 08-19-2022, 08:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by dmeg13021 View Post
“I know we’re all mad at King George NOW. but really, what choice do we have? Break away from England? Please! Who’s going to lead us then? We’re better off just giving them what they want!”

-NASC
Look I’m not an AWAX apologist or anything but I think their point is “it’s easy to tear down the system, it’s hard to tear down the system and replace it with something better.” That doesn’t mean we don’t tear down the system, it means we need to be very strategic and mindful of those who seek power in the vacuum. The devil we know is bad but we need to make sure the next devil isn’t worse.

I am all for the recall efforts and I think drastic changes need to occur. I’m also not blind to the fact that opportunists will jump on this to seize power and they may not be any better.
Old 08-20-2022, 03:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by 01110011 View Post
it means we need to be very strategic
I was on this MEC and there is no strategy other than getting Insler elected ALPA President.

I’m also not blind to the fact that opportunists will jump on this to seize power and they may not be any better.
Then don't vote for whoever you view as 'opportunists' IF they run and IF current reps are recalled. Better yet, encourage sharp newbies to run and help them get elected. It simply cannot get any worse than it is now. Our union is being run by a cult that not only discounts members' input, but works for company interests and against the pilots they are supposed to represent. If you don't believe it compare the company's opening letter to the TA.

Last edited by jerryleber; 10-18-2022 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2022, 04:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I was on this MEC and there is no strategy other than getting Insler elected ALPA President.

Then don't vote for whoever you view as 'opportunists' IF they run and IF current reps are recalled. Better yet, encourage sharp newbies to run and help them get elected. It simply cannot get any worse than it is now. Our union is being run by a cult that not only discounts members' input, but works for company interests and against the pilots they are supposed to represent. If you don't believe it compare the company's opening letter to the TA.
Yeah nothing I said disagrees with anything you’re saying.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Yeah nothing I said disagrees with anything you’re saying.
Actually, you said replacements could be worse and I said the opposite.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2022

If American politics is any indication, people will absolutely cut off their nose to spite their face. So, Jerry, while many LEC reps are far from ideal, we actually could do much worse.

This has been a litmus test.

If you heard/read that I’m not in favor of recall, then your brain has been warped by our binary culture.

The point is to proceed with caution and not elect the most bombastic anti-TI candidate.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Actually, you said replacements could be worse and I said the opposite.
You don’t think, out of 11,000+ people, you couldn’t find anyone worse than the current reps? GMAFB.

Replacements could be worse, which is why people need to be informed and involved beyond a simple recall. I’m not saying don’t recall, I’m all for it. We just need to see it all the way through to replacement with quality reps.

I don’t know why anyone would find that statement controversial unless they were hoping to weasel their way into a role they aren’t qualified for solely based on riding the anti-TI/TA wave.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

100% truth. United pilots and their contract be damned.

https://d28lcup14p4e72.cloudfront.ne...Insler%203.jpg

Last edited by Red Swingline; 08-20-2022 at 08:32 AM.