Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2019, 06:04 AM   #51  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight101 View Post
Where are you getting the info on the domiciles?
Directly from people in class. That drop is accurate. Even with the 3 new sims (the 74 sim is just now coming online) we are way backed up, the company’s own doing, not getting ahead of the hiring curve.

As BoilerUP mentioned, with nearly 30 new planes, hundreds hitting 65 and/or 30 years, AND already being way behind on CURRENT staffing, who knows if they will be able to ever catch up, at least not anytime soon. The new sims will help, think of it as your roof having multiple leaks and you just plugged only one. We are also short on 74 instructors (our fleet in worst shape manning wise), and it takes a long time to make new ones (about a year).

Last edited by howardhughes8; 03-23-2019 at 06:15 AM.
howardhughes8 is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 06:24 AM   #52  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SaltyDog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal
Posts: 1,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Guy View Post
They were the only ones who showed up NOT wearing loafers and cardigans...

[emoji12]
(inside joke for those wondering)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We need to fly together again!
Cheers
SaltyDog is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 07:02 AM   #53  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amacron7 View Post
Not to be a wise apple. Why do then then differentiate between the two??
For those curious, I’m SDF “75 domestic” and about 60% of my trips lately are in a 767. It used to seem about 50/50 but lately (perhaps just due to the lines I’ve been bidding or the fact that we’ve been taking delivery of more 767’s) I’ve been flying the 767 a bit more. I have no idea what the actual breakdown of 757/767 hours per domicile is, however - but you’ll fly both considerably in any of the “757” domiciles.

When I came here I mistakenly thought I’d be flying the 757 predominantly in the SDF 757 domicile because it is commonly referred to as “75 domestic” - but there is plenty of 767 flying as well. Someone else will have to speak for the specifics of the “Z”, but I would imagine it is a similar split.

Last edited by Tony Clifton; 03-23-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Tony Clifton is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 07:31 AM   #54  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Clifton View Post
For those curious, I’m SDF “75 domestic” and about 60% of my trips lately are in a 767. It used to seem about 50/50 but lately (perhaps just due to the lines I’ve been bidding or the fact that we’ve been taking delivery of more 767’s) I’ve been flying the 767 a bit more. I have no idea what the actual breakdown of 757/767 hours per domicile is, however - but you’ll fly both considerably in any of the “757” domiciles.

When I came here I mistakenly thought I’d be flying the 757 predominantly in the SDF 757 domicile because it is commonly referred to as “75 domestic” - but there is plenty of 767 flying as well. Someone else will have to speak for the specifics of the “Z”, but I would imagine it is a similar split.
Unless you are doing Europe and/or Asia, you will fly both just about the same in Z. People mistake Z as being purely international, there is A LOT of domestic flying in the Z bid package.
howardhughes8 is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 07:45 AM   #55  
Challenge Accepted Five
 
BoilerUP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,971
Default

757 Zomestic!
BoilerUP is online now  
Old 03-23-2019, 11:07 AM   #56  
maxing the min
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: 757 F/O
Posts: 273
Default

Like has been said. All depends on your preferences and how you bid. Im 95% 767. Zguy
jetlaggy is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 02:57 PM   #57  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlaggy View Post
Like has been said. All depends on your preferences and how you bid. Im 95% 767. Zguy
14 on/14 off reserve 😳
howardhughes8 is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #58  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 103
Default

Can someone in the 22 mar class send me a quick pm? Quick question.
rvfanatic is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 01:21 AM   #59  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: F/O
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardhughes8 View Post
Directly from people in class. That drop is accurate. Even with the 3 new sims (the 74 sim is just now coming online) we are way backed up, the company’s own doing, not getting ahead of the hiring curve.

As BoilerUP mentioned, with nearly 30 new planes, hundreds hitting 65 and/or 30 years, AND already being way behind on CURRENT staffing, who knows if they will be able to ever catch up, at least not anytime soon. The new sims will help, think of it as your roof having multiple leaks and you just plugged only one. We are also short on 74 instructors (our fleet in worst shape manning wise), and it takes a long time to make new ones (about a year).
I wasn’t doubting you. I was just curious if I missed something. Thanks!
Flybynight101 is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 04:56 AM   #60  
Challenge Accepted Five
 
BoilerUP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
Thats amazing, do you know approx how many pilots per airplane y'all staff at?


Historically (ie. before any deliveries began in Q3’2017) the 757 was staffed at 10 per airplane, the whale at 23 per airplane.

I haven’t looked recently but I’d guess 747 is WAY lean on that right about now...
BoilerUP is online now  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
12 March class tnkrdrvr UPS 29 03-15-2018 11:41 AM
UAL Pilot Deadhead Language gzsg Delta 102 08-29-2017 05:12 PM
March 27th class HeavyLift UPS 43 03-29-2017 07:47 PM
March 15th Indoc Class SVA402 United 48 02-27-2016 07:10 PM
UPS March Class Dates: Freight Dog Hiring News 0 02-23-2005 07:31 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:02 AM.