Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Cargo > UPS
How you are perceived outside the cockpit >

How you are perceived outside the cockpit

Notices

How you are perceived outside the cockpit

Old 09-20-2023, 03:31 PM
  #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MoosePileit's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: The IPA EB speaks for me
Posts: 512
Default

Originally Posted by dckozak View Post
And THIS gentleman, is the reason you shouldn’t start drinking before happy hour. 🤯
You skipped the part, after a week, where you refute any three of my points and threw a non-sequitor.

Rookie move.

Did you actually have anything to add?

Thoughts on:
1- Part 117 carveout.
2- Fatigue system weaker than FDX that no ADO, DO or CC would sign off on in the military as ORM-worthy
3- Cargo Aircraft Only hazards

Last edited by MoosePileit; 09-20-2023 at 04:02 PM.
MoosePileit is offline  
Old 09-20-2023, 07:32 PM
  #12  
done, gone skiing
Thread Starter
 
dckozak's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair
Posts: 1,582
Default

Originally Posted by MoosePileit View Post
You skipped the part, after a week, where you refute any three of my points and threw a non-sequitor.

Rookie move.

Did you actually have anything to add?

Thoughts on:
1- Part 117 carveout.
2- Fatigue system weaker than FDX that no ADO, DO or CC would sign off on in the military as ORM-worthy
3- Cargo Aircraft Only hazards
Did you understand that I quoted a poster on LinkedIn who speaks on issues to express freight operations, primarily UPS, FDX, DHL, and expressed an opinion on the value of freight pilots vs pax pilots. I shared information, gave no opinion on any aspect or differences between either. I shared no opinion on FAR 117, carve outs or otherwise. My second post alluded to how disjointed your off the wall response was to my point. I think you have read way too much into my beliefs
, one way or another.
dckozak is offline  
Old 09-20-2023, 09:21 PM
  #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MoosePileit's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: The IPA EB speaks for me
Posts: 512
Default

Originally Posted by dckozak View Post
Did you understand that I quoted a poster on LinkedIn who speaks on issues to express freight operations, primarily UPS, FDX, DHL, and expressed an opinion on the value of freight pilots vs pax pilots. I shared information, gave no opinion on any aspect or differences between either. I shared no opinion on FAR 117, carve outs or otherwise. My second post alluded to how disjointed your off the wall response was to my point. I think you have read way too much into my beliefs
, one way or another.
Baiting, then.
Attached Images
MoosePileit is offline  
Old 09-28-2023, 03:53 AM
  #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: C47 PIC/747-400 SIC
Posts: 2,096
Default

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
All things are colored by point of view and context: how an author at a periodical might perceive a pilot outside the cockpit will be quite different than a peer pilot, but that also varies with culture and experience. I always viewed UPS as the most desirable airline in the world. I've spoken with others who wouldn't give it a second thought.

Many years ago I sat in a Learjet one morning, gazing at the outline of a DC-3 nearby. I commented that I'd trade places in a heartbeat, and my compadre made similar comments. When I described the DC-3, he said he hadn't even seen it: he'd tuned it out. He was looking at something else. Our perceptions and values vary.

While flying for that same Lear operator, I was sent to pick up two UPS pilots once, fly them to LAX, then pick up two more pilots and fly them to the previous pickup. Two of the pilots spoke very highly about their employment, how much they loved their jobs, and how grateful they were to be there. The other two badmouthed the company and didn't have a single good thing to say about UPS. Which was correct? Perhaps both, because the desirability is subjective, even to those doing the job. Regardless of how they felt, they were paid better than most to have their own opinions.

Public perception seldom mirrors reality.
the DC3 exceeded the hype 😎, loved my time a working Douglas piloto.
727C47 is offline  
Old 09-28-2023, 08:35 PM
  #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2018
Posts: 670
Default

Originally Posted by MoosePileit View Post
Baiting, then.

These men are cowards, Donnie. There's nothing to be afraid of.
CardboardCutout is offline  
Old 09-29-2023, 11:48 AM
  #16  
Occasional box hauler
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,567
Default

I have to admit, most of the OPís stuff sounds like jealousy from foreign pilots. ACMI guys here crush most foreign flag carriersí salaries. While I donít blame them for resenting being paid less while working harder, itís a waste of their emotional energy. I donít spend my days sweating how much money my companyís CEO makes.
tnkrdrvr is offline  
Old 09-29-2023, 12:44 PM
  #17  
Social Media retired.
 
Joined APC: May 2018
Posts: 754
Default

Originally Posted by tnkrdrvr View Post
I have to admit, most of the OPís stuff sounds like jealousy from foreign pilots. ACMI guys here crush most foreign flag carriersí salaries. While I donít blame them for resenting being paid less while working harder, itís a waste of their emotional energy. I donít spend my days sweating how much money my companyís CEO makes.
I know guys at Air France and Lufthansa. Pay and QOL doesnít suckÖ
FTv3 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
turk
Flight Schools and Training
29
01-13-2012 06:58 AM
FlyHigh423
Hangar Talk
13
03-15-2010 08:10 PM
Rabid Seagull
Major
95
11-07-2009 09:50 AM
Past V1
Major
73
11-03-2009 07:34 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread