Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SeaPort Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Gjn290 View Post
Not to be an @$$, but you frequently state you have three busted checkrides, maybe you should start sitting in the right seat of a Caravan.
Its actually two just FYI. And that qualifies me for most regional airlines believe it or not.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: clear right

Originally Posted by CaptianO View Post
MEM and I think maybe flying out of Athens
Know the company pedigree info, core values, name some cities served, basic history of company.

Resume questions, your background and experiences.

Some questions along the lines of decision making. Be honest with these, think them through.

Interview will be done with an member of flight ops and HR. 2 person panel

Sim eval is nothing to stress, desktop sim, c208, out PHOG.

Basic instrument skills, yes even on a desktop sim you still gotta look at the instruments. Turns to a heading, climb, steepturn for a maneuver, and vectors for an ILS back.

It's not state of the art in any way, shape or form. It's a PC and a joystick. Not graded on being smooth, just have the scan going. The rest of the questions and power setting are done by evaluator.

50 question instrument quiz as well, not timed, diagrams are provided for figure questions.

Any other questions PM me, good luck!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: FO

Originally Posted by beeteeaye View Post
Know the company pedigree info, core values, name some cities served, basic history of company.

Resume questions, your background and experiences.

Some questions along the lines of decision making. Be honest with these, think them through.

Interview will be done with an member of flight ops and HR. 2 person panel

Sim eval is nothing to stress, desktop sim, c208, out PHOG.

Basic instrument skills, yes even on a desktop sim you still gotta look at the instruments. Turns to a heading, climb, steepturn for a maneuver, and vectors for an ILS back.

It's not state of the art in any way, shape or form. It's a PC and a joystick. Not graded on being smooth, just have the scan going. The rest of the questions and power setting are done by evaluator.

50 question instrument quiz as well, not timed, diagrams are provided for figure questions.

Any other questions PM me, good luck!
Much appreciated. I'll let you know how everything goes.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Natca View Post
They recently terminated a handful of pilots of many reasons....I'd expect any hiring to be for that and standard attrition not growth. From what I'm told at least from the stations that I've been to lately the pc12 is long gone from seaport and will not be coming back. I know in the last year the DO and several chief pilots have turned over aswell for various reasons.

The current DO NM is pretty solid, so like I said I'm my previous post, it sounds like the house cleaning may be for better for the future of the company.

Also a helpful hint for new folks, both current DO and CEO are active participants on this forum. Just a heads up.
People are leaving for regionals. As far as I know, nobody has been fired recently. The DO was let go almost a year ago and two asst. CP's left for a regional job. It's nothing to be alarmed about, people are climbing that proverbial ladder. NM is not the DO, he's the CP unless that's changed in the 4 months I've been gone.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013

I have no idea what most new hires come onboard with concerning experience or total times. I have heard from this forum at least, and from a friend that has talked personally with some of the pilots that said for most of the pilots it's a first job. I have also heard that its not uncommon for really low time guys such as myself to get hired. Which begs a question for me at least. How are guys able to get on with a regional?

Most of the instructors at my current job don't really have a lot of multi time. I only have 50 hrs and I'm doing better than all of the guys that aren't teaching in the twin yet. So I am assuming that it must be very similar at other schools. Am I being naïve? Are the pilots at Seaport going and renting a Seminole somewhere or do they all have the multitime before hand?
Old 04-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Orangemx View Post
I have no idea what most new hires come onboard with concerning experience or total times. I have heard from this forum at least, and from a friend that has talked personally with some of the pilots that said for most of the pilots it's a first job. I have also heard that its not uncommon for really low time guys such as myself to get hired. Which begs a question for me at least. How are guys able to get on with a regional?

Most of the instructors at my current job don't really have a lot of multi time. I only have 50 hrs and I'm doing better than all of the guys that aren't teaching in the twin yet. So I am assuming that it must be very similar at other schools. Am I being naïve? Are the pilots at Seaport going and renting a Seminole somewhere or do they all have the multitime before hand?
I saw guys that rented twins to get multi time for regional but I also saw alot of guys renting 172's to get the night requirements to upgrade a SeaPort for the 135 requirements and or the ATP requirement for night flight.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Pipers!

Does the company provide any flexibility for employees with guard/reserve commitments of one weekend a month two weeks a year type drill periods? 5 on/2 off and commuting would make it very difficult if they could not. Would they entertain part time employment if the employee waived medical benefits? Who could I ask "informally" without starting interview process or hurt my chances of getting an interview due to being a square peg in a round hole type thing?
Old 04-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011

Is CH still there or was he the DO that was let go? He was at Pacific Wings before Seaport.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Does anyone know when the next class will be. I heard July but not sure and if so what are the dates.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: FO

Interview gouge was pretty spot on. I did not find the core values though. I felt like a retard for that because that was one of the first questions. I also had a three panel interview. The CP, HR and the CEO. Had no idea who the CEO was until he told me. They made it a very relaxing environment. The 50 question test was pretty easy. Brush up on stuff I'd you don't know ifr part 91. There were a few I missed. And now for the SIM....as stated, table top with joystick. It took a second to get used to but in the end it was ok. I had a hard time flying it at first but it's really about your scan. I came out feeling great. They made it very relaxed overall and I had no complaints about it.