Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 09-30-2016, 06:06 AM
  #1871  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 784
Default

Curious if you guys would take a class a VX?
OCCP is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 06:15 AM
  #1872  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,283
Default

Originally Posted by TngT1deNTwstd View Post
Anyone got the call from that Seattle area code? C'mawn with it now! This thread is way to silent. Probably because most people are like myself and never post, just read. Would really like to hear of some folks getting interviews.
I had heard (unofficially) that they wanted to do 5 more classes this year. I would guess two in Oct, two in Nov, and one Dec.

Also I was flying when they called and they do leave a voicemail in case ya miss it.
ImperialxRat is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 06:45 AM
  #1873  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 95
Default

Originally Posted by OCCP View Post
Curious if you guys would take a class a VX?
I don't think there will be anymore classes at VX. If the Airbuses need more staffimg it will come from AS hiring team.
plt32173 is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 07:28 AM
  #1874  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 14
Default

Originally Posted by plt32173 View Post
I don't think there will be anymore classes at VX. If the Airbuses need more staffimg it will come from AS hiring team.
That's not true at all. Alaska is not going to take over the hiring right away when the merger happens. Until Virgin and Alaska are on a SOC, Virgin will still be doing the hiring.
dolphinsuck is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 08:06 AM
  #1875  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 95
Default

Originally Posted by dolphinsuck View Post
That's not true at all. Alaska is not going to take over the hiring right away when the merger happens. Until Virgin and Alaska are on a SOC, Virgin will still be doing the hiring.
Didn't work that way for me in NW/DL merger. I was in NW pool and got dropped once deal closed. Could be remembering it wrong though...been a while.

Also I've heard the A319s will be dropped 1 for 1 as we bring on the A321s for no net growth.
plt32173 is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 08:33 AM
  #1876  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 14
Default

Originally Posted by plt32173 View Post
Didn't work that way for me in NW/DL merger. I was in NW pool and got dropped once deal closed. Could be remembering it wrong though...been a while.

Also I've heard the A319s will be dropped 1 for 1 as we bring on the A321s for no net growth.
Oman that sucks dude! But that is a wrongful assumption to assume that just because it happened at Delta/ NW merger, that it will happen in this merger. This merger is very unique and more complicated in the fact that Alaska and Virgin have different customer bases, change will not happen overnight. According to some inside sources, Alaska is allowing Virgin recruiting stay on until they become on a single operating certificate which could take a while.I know some people that have invites to interview but still waiting for dates at Virgin and also guys I know in the pool waiting for class dates.
dolphinsuck is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 08:57 AM
  #1877  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Chris Knight's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 106
Default

Just heard 24/month until February. This would exceed the requirements of the last vacancy bid, so perhaps another one is coming.
Chris Knight is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 11:42 AM
  #1878  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Chris Knight's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 106
Default

From SEA BCP today: "We have a class starting about every two weeks and this alone will remain the case into the early part of next year. In the meantime, please have candidates that you recommend be patient and persistent with us".

Each class is 10-12 normally, so the 24/month figure sounds pretty accurate.
Chris Knight is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 01:29 PM
  #1879  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Left, right & center
Posts: 797
Default

Originally Posted by TngT1deNTwstd View Post
Would really like to hear of some folks getting interviews.
I haven't yet, but a guy at my company just got hired.
Reactivity is offline  
Old 09-30-2016, 01:34 PM
  #1880  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 784
Default

Originally Posted by plt32173 View Post



Also I've heard the A319s will be dropped 1 for 1 as we bring on the A321s for no net growth.


Well that would suck. Alaska doesn't have much mainline growth either from what I understand. Merging two stagnant companies to make one big airline with no movement and a lot of RJ growth. Awesome!!!
OCCP is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 05:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 01:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 08:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 12:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 06:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices