Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 01-12-2018, 10:04 AM
  #2871  
Klsytakesit
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So the take away is.....We are all happy and disapointed but happy...And cant wait to get this messy business behind us so we can be happy yes voters in 2020.....Definately what the employee survey shows!!
 
Old 01-12-2018, 11:58 AM
  #2872  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Posts: 341
Default

Originally Posted by Klsytakesit View Post
So the take away is.....We are all happy and disapointed but happy...And cant wait to get this messy business behind us so we can be happy yes voters in 2020.....Definately what the employee survey shows!!
Itís time for some more employee conferences that explains why treating us like cr@p is really in our best interest. I canít wait to get my free swag!
lowflying is offline  
Old 01-12-2018, 08:12 PM
  #2873  
Gets Weekends Off
 
AKpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: B-737 Capt
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by Klsytakesit View Post
So the take away is.....We are all happy and disapointed but happy...And cant wait to get this messy business behind us so we can be happy yes voters in 2020.....Definately what the employee survey shows!!
Again...More thread drift. I thought this was about hiring. I'm sure you could start another thread. Some people do want to work for Alaska. It's better than a lot of places. And if its better than the last place they worked. That's good. In this environment you can change your mind and go somewhere else If you don't like it. It's a pilots market now. Make the best of it. Is it the greatest place? maybe not.

Every place has it's up and downs. The industry goes in cycles. Look back at the history of UA, DL, NW, AA, the post 911 Bankruptcies, UA summer of love. The AA executive bonuses after employee pay cuts. Ask the DL and UA guys about how they feel about their pensions being stolen.


Your posts are mostly angry. Why don't you start another thread. Please start another thread....Call it "angry Alaska guy" or "pit of misery." I'm not a moderator nor do I want want to be one. Go crap somewhere else.
AKpilot is offline  
Old 01-12-2018, 08:28 PM
  #2874  
Line Holder
 
Ronin47's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Captain
Posts: 89
Default

Originally Posted by AKpilot View Post
Again...More thread drift. I thought this was about hiring. I'm sure you could start another thread. Some people do want to work for Alaska. It's better than a lot of places. And if its better than the last place they worked. That's good. In this environment you can change your mind and go somewhere else If you don't like it. It's a pilots market now. Make the best of it. Is it the greatest place? maybe not.

Every place has it's up and downs. The industry goes in cycles. Look back at the history of UA, DL, NW, AA, the post 911 Bankruptcies, UA summer of love. The AA executive bonuses after employee pay cuts. Ask the DL and UA guys about how they feel about their pensions being stolen.


Your posts are mostly angry. Why don't you start another thread. Please start another thread....Call it "angry Alaska guy" or "pit of misery." I'm not a moderator nor do I want want to be one. Go crap somewhere else.
Well said. This thread is about Alaska hiring, not negative worn out AS employees that hate their lives and or wives! We get it! Management has their problems. That being said, help a brother out and STOP *****ING! Jesus! We appreciate the inside scoop, but it there are worse jobs out there, trust me!
Ronin47 is offline  
Old 01-12-2018, 08:29 PM
  #2875  
Line Holder
 
Ronin47's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Captain
Posts: 89
Default

Originally Posted by AKpilot View Post
I don't disagree with the hoops reference. I was just relating my observations. Job fairs etc do suck!

I go to work, I fly the jet safely, I get along with those around me. I go home. I take my vacations and use my sick leave and medical insurance. Same as 10 years ago. Except no paper Jepps and revisions. It's a job. BTW I wish DL would have bought us because I like to travel international and they go everywhere. I have friends at the 1-4 airlines and they complain too.

Maybe we should keep this thread for hiring like it says and create an I don't like my job/company/Life thread.
Well said. Exactly!
Ronin47 is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 08:37 AM
  #2876  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,378
Default

I don't know about the hoops, but the 2-3 month wait for class is valid. One of my guys is going to class soon and he had to wait a couple months after the CJO.
Packrat is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 10:30 AM
  #2877  
Gets Weekends Off
 
AKpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: B-737 Capt
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
I don't know about the hoops, but the 2-3 month wait for class is valid. One of my guys is going to class soon and he had to wait a couple months after the CJO.
I got a week notice....But that was long time ago...and I was an unemployed airline refugee living in my car. I was thrilled.
AKpilot is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 11:20 AM
  #2878  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,926
Default

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
I don't know about the hoops, but the 2-3 month wait for class is valid. One of my guys is going to class soon and he had to wait a couple months after the CJO.
About 1.7 months for me. Training, I felt I had more days off than actual class dates.
Riverside is offline  
Old 01-14-2018, 10:35 PM
  #2879  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Wynncore's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post
About 1.7 months for me. Training, I felt I had more days off than actual class dates.
Same here, about 6-7 week wait between CJO and class date. It's my understanding that they cannot get pilots on line fast enough and therefore are accelerating them through class as fast as possible.

For the fleet assignments, are entire classes either 100% Airbus or 100% Boeing or are the fleet types intermixed now? Also, is in doc taking place in SEA regardless of fleet type assignment and then you're sent to SFO and/or MIA if you get the Airbus?
Wynncore is offline  
Old 01-14-2018, 11:20 PM
  #2880  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by Wynncore View Post
Same here, about 6-7 week wait between CJO and class date. It's my understanding that they cannot get pilots on line fast enough and therefore are accelerating them through class as fast as possible.



For the fleet assignments, are entire classes either 100% Airbus or 100% Boeing or are the fleet types intermixed now? Also, is in doc taking place in SEA regardless of fleet type assignment and then you're sent to SFO and/or MIA if you get the Airbus?


Iím not sure how the classes are going now but the interviews last week were Boeing one day and Airbus the next. From what I heard, class was 2-3 months out for Boeing and 1-2 for the Bus.
Kitchen25 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 06:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 02:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 09:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 01:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 07:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices