Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 01-04-2018, 07:25 PM
  #2831  
Gets Weekends Off
 
afterburn81's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: A320
Posts: 1,310
Default

So when was the application window? Anyone know when it might open up again or when they may have another job fair lottery thingy? Thanks for the help ;-)
afterburn81 is offline  
Old 01-05-2018, 01:26 PM
  #2832  
Line Holder
 
thwhite2000's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2009
Posts: 47
Default

Last window was in November. I had heard that they may open one again later this month or next. They’re attending the NW Aviation Career Forum at the end of next month, so I would imagine another window would appear sometime before that. I was notified of the last window through their Pilot Recruitment page on Facebook.
thwhite2000 is offline  
Old 01-06-2018, 04:31 AM
  #2833  
Gets Weekends Off
 
afterburn81's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: A320
Posts: 1,310
Default

Originally Posted by thwhite2000
Last window was in November. I had heard that they may open one again later this month or next. They’re attending the NW Aviation Career Forum at the end of next month, so I would imagine another window would appear sometime before that. I was notified of the last window through their Pilot Recruitment page on Facebook.
Good info! Thanks man
afterburn81 is offline  
Old 01-06-2018, 01:05 PM
  #2834  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Default Hair test

I read in some old forum that Alaska conducted hair tests for nicotine/ maybe drugs. Do they still conduct these and do they still require pilots to be non smokers?
Smokeyzz is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 07:55 AM
  #2835  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 55
Default

Originally Posted by Smokeyzz
I read in some old forum that Alaska conducted hair tests for nicotine/ maybe drugs. Do they still conduct these and do they still require pilots to be non smokers?
Yes they still conduct the test but adding in the Virgin Pilots; who never had the no nicotine policy is going to throw a wrinkle into the mix.

My guess is we see it go the way of a college degree sometime this year. I fly with plenty of guys who smoke/chew.
TripleCrank is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 08:07 AM
  #2836  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 82
Default

Hey guys, just curious do you guys get Profit sharing

Thanks!
newhire1234 is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 08:42 AM
  #2837  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 55
Default

Originally Posted by newhire1234
Hey guys, just curious do you guys get Profit sharing

Thanks!
Nope ........
TripleCrank is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 09:23 AM
  #2838  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: GearBbychoice
Posts: 159
Default

Yes we do. 7.5%
Flaps1check is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 09:56 AM
  #2839  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 55
Default

Originally Posted by Flaps1check
Yes we do. 7.5%
I stand corrected. Great example of why forums are not a great place to find credible information.
TripleCrank is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 10:09 AM
  #2840  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 82
Default

Originally Posted by TripleCrank
I stand corrected. Great example of why forums are not a great place to find credible information.
Haha thanks!
newhire1234 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 05:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 01:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 08:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 12:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 06:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices