Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 12-22-2017, 05:49 AM
  #2801  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ohlsan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 311
Default

Originally Posted by AKpilotdude View Post
Anyone else get invited to the meet and greet on Jan 18 at BFI? Is this a new deal? Iíve been to the job fairs, but this is the first response of any kind Iíve got in 5 years so Iím happy to see it. Anyone know what to expect?
Congrats, did the invitation one through your email on file or through a different means?
Ohlsan is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 07:59 AM
  #2802  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
Default

I got the invite for Jan. 18 as well! I'm going to do some looking around and see what I can come up with. Luckily I've been studying using EC and RST for another interview I have. It amazes me how much has happened in one months time. 2 interviews and one job offer from a major corporation. This was after hearing nothing for 14 years of having my applications in. Exciting times!!
Madoxx11 is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 08:24 AM
  #2803  
Sitting and scratching...
 
silver fleet's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Upright
Posts: 371
Default

Confusing after reading the email invitation. Is it a Job Fair or interview? It seems ambiguous....
silver fleet is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 09:22 AM
  #2804  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Boeing FO
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by Ohlsan View Post
Congrats, did the invitation one through your email on file or through a different means?


My email on file


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AKpilotdude is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 09:26 AM
  #2805  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Boeing FO
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by silver fleet View Post
Confusing after reading the email invitation. Is it a Job Fair or interview? It seems ambiguous....


Ya, I know! Just a 15 min slot so Iím guessing not an interview. Probably a screening for one though... Iím not aware of them doing this before.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AKpilotdude is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 12:41 PM
  #2806  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,909
Default

Go to a job fair, meet with pilots and recruiters. Then get invited for a meet and greet. Sounds like a great idea.
Riverside is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 01:01 PM
  #2807  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Posts: 278
Default

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post
Go to a job fair, meet with pilots and recruiters. Then get invited for a meet and greet. Sounds like a great idea.
Go away

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
miker1 is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 01:06 PM
  #2808  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,909
Default

Originally Posted by miker1 View Post
Go away

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
So, you believe in the new interview process? Spend time and money to go to a job fair. Only to spend more time and money to go to a meet and greet.
Riverside is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 01:43 PM
  #2809  
Seat 0B
 
JetDoc's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 777 FO
Posts: 780
Default

Originally Posted by miker1 View Post
Go away

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
He's right you know. The whole process has turned into a big f'n joke.
JetDoc is offline  
Old 12-22-2017, 02:08 PM
  #2810  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Posts: 74
Default

Originally Posted by Madoxx11 View Post
I got the invite for Jan. 18 as well! I'm going to do some looking around and see what I can come up with. Luckily I've been studying using EC and RST for another interview I have. It amazes me how much has happened in one months time. 2 interviews and one job offer from a major corporation. This was after hearing nothing for 14 years of having my applications in. Exciting times!!
Being invited as well, but in 15 minutes there is not much they can do. They asked to bring only a copy of your resume , not even logbook and to dress up.... they will probably check if we are handsome or not. Maybe is a casting for a movie from Top Gun to Alaska stallion
Fgrosoli is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 06:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 02:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 09:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 01:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 07:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread