Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 11-16-2017, 08:23 AM
  #2621  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,284
Default

Originally Posted by OCCP View Post
Prize? Really?

This place is far from a prize. Still subpar pay, no scope, no growth and a pos contract made possible by 85 years of no backbone. We are ending service to some markets and cutting redeyes. Yeah man, total prize.
You donít consider the Q400 going to 88 seats growth? Thatís like... a ton of growth.
ImperialxRat is offline  
Old 11-17-2017, 12:28 PM
  #2622  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Default Talent Quest Personality Assessment

Just received link for this assessment prior to interview - has anyone taken this? Any insight?
42FLyer is offline  
Old 11-17-2017, 07:48 PM
  #2623  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ohlsan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 311
Default

Originally Posted by 42FLyer View Post
Just received link for this assessment prior to interview - has anyone taken this? Any insight?
Sorry canít answer your question, but maybe you can answer mine....

Did you just apply under this announcement?

Can you give us a general overview of your stats so we can see what Alaska is looking for?
Ohlsan is offline  
Old 11-17-2017, 09:17 PM
  #2624  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Sorry - new to forum, not adept at how to include prior question...

I actually applied to Virgin in September.

7000 total time
3000 turbine PIC
CFI
1 internal rec, 1 from my current Chief Pilot

Just got a call today for Dec interview in SEA - they sent link to personality assessment - looking for more info before i dive in!
42FLyer is offline  
Old 11-17-2017, 09:31 PM
  #2625  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by 42FLyer View Post
Sorry - new to forum, not adept at how to include prior question...

I actually applied to Virgin in September.

7000 total time
3000 turbine PIC
CFI
1 internal rec, 1 from my current Chief Pilot

Just got a call today for Dec interview in SEA - they sent link to personality assessment - looking for more info before i dive in!


Just be honest with the personality assessment. From my understanding, it has no weight on if youíre hired and they might use it to help them decide on some interview questions.
Kitchen25 is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:14 PM
  #2626  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Kitchen25 View Post
Just be honest with the personality assessment. From my understanding, it has no weight on if youíre hired and they might use it to help them decide on some interview questions.
Thank you!
42FLyer is offline  
Old 11-20-2017, 01:27 PM
  #2627  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Left, right & center
Posts: 809
Default

Originally Posted by trip View Post
I had left a college GPA box empty because I had to go look it up and figured I'd come back to that.
Is there an option to update your application?
I just completed the application myself. That box was not marked as mandatory, and because my college GPA is not something I crow about, I left it blank. If they really want to know what it is, they will either mark it as mandatory or they'll ask for my college transcripts (as pretty much everybody is doing in interviews now), and we'll talk about it in an environment where I can present it in the best possible light.
Reactivity is offline  
Old 11-22-2017, 01:47 PM
  #2628  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Posts: 128
Default

Originally Posted by Reactivity View Post
I just completed the application myself. That box was not marked as mandatory, and because my college GPA is not something I crow about, I left it blank. If they really want to know what it is, they will either mark it as mandatory or they'll ask for my college transcripts (as pretty much everybody is doing in interviews now), and we'll talk about it in an environment where I can present it in the best possible light.

Or you might not make it past the filter on the computerized search. It would be a shame if you didn't get called because their filter called for a "2.0 or above" and the computer skipped over you. All because you were ashamed about your 2.5.

I would be very reluctant to leave out any objective facts since GPA is the exact type of objectively scorable thing they are likely using to wittle down the applications.
AltoCumulus is offline  
Old 11-22-2017, 04:07 PM
  #2629  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 12
Default

Anyone know when we may be able to hear something from this last posting?
Pailaka is offline  
Old 11-22-2017, 04:36 PM
  #2630  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Left, right & center
Posts: 809
Default

Originally Posted by Pailaka View Post
Anyone know when we may be able to hear something from this last posting?
You'll hear something when your phone rings. That may be tomorrow, or it may be never. I've been waiting four years (even before they started asking for GPA), and I have multiple internal recommendations. Virgin America called me in no time with only a single internal recommendation.

My advice: Don't think about it until the phone rings. You'll live happier.
Reactivity is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 05:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 01:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 08:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 12:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 06:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices