Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 12-31-2019, 11:47 AM
  #4431  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2007
Posts: 279
Default

And the 200+ of attrition over the next 5 years? That factored in to your insider info? (150-ish when we secure a contract with scope, 250+ if we havenít in the next few years)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thrill is offline  
Old 12-31-2019, 11:58 AM
  #4432  
Perennial Reserve
 
Excargodog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 11,639
Default

Originally Posted by Mea25000 View Post
I understand math is hard for you

3850 - 2932= 918 add 265 retirements company estimate 1183 new hires in 5 years. About 237 a year. Honestly, with transitioning all the Airbus folks, that is the absolute most the training department can handle.
Unless the 3850 includes the pilots needed to fly the 80 E-170s and the 2932 doesnít.
Excargodog is offline  
Old 12-31-2019, 12:03 PM
  #4433  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 936
Default

Originally Posted by Thrill View Post
And the 200+ of attrition over the next 5 years? That factored in to your insider info? (150-ish when we secure a contract with scope, 250+ if we havenít in the next few years)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


At present FO attrition is equal to retirement numbers. It could pick up as the big 3 seem to be on a hiring binge ATM.

Heck, I may even get a call from UAL. They are hiring 1300 in 2020 alone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NewGuy01 is offline  
Old 12-31-2019, 12:22 PM
  #4434  
Line Holder
 
fifidriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: Line bidding sucks!
Posts: 96
Default

Originally Posted by Mea25000 View Post
I understand math is hard for you

3850 - 2932= 918 add 265 retirements company estimate 1183 new hires in 5 years. About 237 a year. Honestly, with transitioning all the Airbus folks, that is the absolute most the training department can handle.
Hmm thats odd, I just looked at the January base position and see at least 3062 pilots. Thats 130 more pilots than you claim! You dont have to be a math major to realize that your claims are full of sh.... Kind of like the company's claim of being one happy family! In addition, 3 years ago I heard in person from Hornibrook that we will be a total of 5000 pilots by 2023. Yeah about that!😉
fifidriver is offline  
Old 12-31-2019, 12:31 PM
  #4435  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,902
Default

Originally Posted by fifidriver View Post
Hmm thats odd, I just looked at the January base position and see at least 3062 pilots. Thats 130 more pilots than you claim! You dont have to be a math major to realize that your claims are full of sh.... Kind of like the company's claim of being one happy family! In addition, 3 years ago I heard in person from Hornibrook that we will be a total of 5000 pilots by 2023. Yeah about that!😉

Look up the difference between active pilots and base position lists. BPLs are useless. MEA is most likely referring to active pilots.
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 12-31-2019, 12:46 PM
  #4436  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: GearBbychoice
Posts: 159
Default

Originally Posted by Mea25000 View Post
Itís done. Pretty sure they decided to announce without MAX final certification.

2025
321 NB aircraft NG/MAX
80 170ís
3850 pilot seniority in 2025
If the the economy holds, if not there is flexibility to swap out some 737NGís for Maxís.

All Airbus and positions have buyers
So an order for 146 737s?
Flaps1check is offline  
Old 12-31-2019, 12:47 PM
  #4437  
Line Holder
 
fifidriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: Line bidding sucks!
Posts: 96
Default

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Look up the difference between active pilots and base position lists. BPLs are useless. MEA is most likely referring to active pilots.
Then why do BPLs are even published? Not directed at you by any means but this company seems to have difficulty publishing pertinent information. Last seniority list I find is from almost 5 months ago. Is it really that hard to publish one every month? Nonetheless, I'm done focusing on things I can't control here. My New Years resolution is to stay away from useless forums! Happy New Year all and hope 2020 is be kind to us all!
fifidriver is offline  
Old 12-31-2019, 12:58 PM
  #4438  
Line Holder
 
fifidriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: Line bidding sucks!
Posts: 96
Default

Originally Posted by Mea25000 View Post
I understand math is hard for you

3850 - 2932= 918 add 265 retirements company estimate 1183 new hires in 5 years. About 237 a year. Honestly, with transitioning all the Airbus folks, that is the absolute most the training department can handle.
Lets agree to disagree... But for all our sake and future I hope some of your claims come true!
fifidriver is offline  
Old 12-31-2019, 02:29 PM
  #4439  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Outdoors's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 134
Default

Originally Posted by Mea25000 View Post
Itís done. Pretty sure they decided to announce without MAX final certification.

2025
321 NB aircraft NG/MAX
80 170ís
3850 pilot seniority in 2025
If the the economy holds, if not there is flexibility to swap out some 737NGís for Maxís.

All Airbus and positions have buyers
Wait and read the 4th quarter results for anything substantial, they kept telling analysts theyíd have more information around then. Looking forward to higher congestion in Seattle!
Outdoors is offline  
Old 12-31-2019, 03:11 PM
  #4440  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,902
Default

Originally Posted by fifidriver View Post
Then why do BPLs are even published? Not directed at you by any means but this company seems to have difficulty publishing pertinent information. Last seniority list I find is from almost 5 months ago. Is it really that hard to publish one every month? Nonetheless, I'm done focusing on things I can't control here. My New Years resolution is to stay away from useless forums! Happy New Year all and hope 2020 is be kind to us all!
Itís just a total amount of people in that B/S/E. Itís useless for monthly bidding. The only thing it helps is to see where youíd fall in that BSE when it comes to vacancy bidding.

Finally we are getting estimated bid lists. This is what we had at VX. A tots list of bidders eligible that month. Now if this shows 165 tots people and 105 lines, you know youíd have 60 people in the OF/RSV bidding process.


As for seniority lists the CBA says the company will publish it twice, Feb 5th and Aug 5th. Thatís why you only see it 2x/year.
ShyGuy is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 05:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 01:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 08:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 12:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 06:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices