Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 04-15-2024, 10:45 PM
  #20411  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,367
Default

Originally Posted by ArJockey View Post
Thanks, and what is the monthly averages you fly??
64hrs is what you can plan on. We often credit more, but we often credit 64hrs as well.
Elevation is offline  
Old 04-16-2024, 05:51 AM
  #20412  
The new guy
 
Chow's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2024
Position: Enroute
Posts: 36
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Planes R Great View Post

My logs are 30 plus years old and pretty comical compared to the way younguns keep records today. Think copied pages from the little red book type of records. My thoughts on the post mortem of the interview is as follows and Im posting purely for the people that are trying to get hired now at Atlas.

Record keeping is important. Newer generation pilots keep things like electronic records. (plus)
you get to the
"AnyTimeLogBooks" fixes that by transcribing your log books into a modern format. I have heard their name mentioned more than a few times. They are easy to find online.
Chow is offline  
Old 04-17-2024, 09:06 AM
  #20413  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Dec 2018
Posts: 19
Default

Originally Posted by Chow View Post
"AnyTimeLogBooks" fixes that by transcribing your log books into a modern format. I have heard their name mentioned more than a few times. They are easy to find online.
Thanks for the tip.
Planes R Great is offline  
Old 04-18-2024, 07:31 AM
  #20414  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2023
Position: 135 SIC
Posts: 190
Default

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
All fleets.

You can request your fleet in the interview, but Atlas will assign you to a fleet based upon your experience, availability, and preference. The New Hire seat locknis only two years, so if you get the 767 but wanted the 777, well, enjoy the landings and segments the 76 offers, then bid out of it during one of our near-monthly system vacancy bids.

737 goes to the lower experienced folks.

Pay year one is essentially identical for all fleets. Hourly rate is the same and you'll probably credit 64 hours per month no matter the fleet. Year 2 is where you start to see a difference (Hourly Rates), and year 3 probably starts the big shift towards the 747 being the flying money bag (Seniority to hold higher credit lines and Open Time).
What is the most likely fleet and base for a new hire?
121noob is offline  
Old 04-18-2024, 08:29 AM
  #20415  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Clue32's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO
Posts: 850
Default

Originally Posted by 121noob View Post
What is the most likely fleet and base for a new hire?
There is tremendous movement within bases and we have near monthly vacancy awards allowing you to move into nearly any base by the time you finish OE, or at most Year 1 (IAH 747 the biggest exception). Today's reality doesn't guarantee tomorrow's results.

Probability for new hire is 747 ANC. That is only because our 747 has the most crews and biggest need.

We are hiring for all widebody fleets. I'd say 767 CVG and 777 LAX are about equal odds.

If you want the 767, and ask for it in your interview, you'll probably get it. If you are lower time, or limited Jet or 121 time, the odds of the 767 probably increase. Lots of Shiny Jet Syndrome surrounding the 777 and 747.

Occasionally 777 New Hires are sent to CVG.
Clue32 is online now  
Old 04-18-2024, 10:51 AM
  #20416  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2023
Position: 135 SIC
Posts: 190
Default

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
There is tremendous movement within bases and we have near monthly vacancy awards allowing you to move into nearly any base by the time you finish OE, or at most Year 1 (IAH 747 the biggest exception). Today's reality doesn't guarantee tomorrow's results.

Probability for new hire is 747 ANC. That is only because our 747 has the most crews and biggest need.

We are hiring for all widebody fleets. I'd say 767 CVG and 777 LAX are about equal odds.

If you want the 767, and ask for it in your interview, you'll probably get it. If you are lower time, or limited Jet or 121 time, the odds of the 767 probably increase. Lots of Shiny Jet Syndrome surrounding the 777 and 747.

Occasionally 777 New Hires are sent to CVG.
Thank you, that is very helpful.
121noob is offline  
Old 04-18-2024, 11:50 AM
  #20417  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: B767 CA
Posts: 24
Default

https://giantpilots.com/info
DawgOnKing is offline  
Old 04-18-2024, 01:02 PM
  #20418  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2022
Position: Part time employee
Posts: 172
Default

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
There is tremendous movement within bases and we have near monthly vacancy awards allowing you to move into nearly any base by the time you finish OE, or at most Year 1 (IAH 747 the biggest exception). Today's reality doesn't guarantee tomorrow's results.

Probability for new hire is 747 ANC. That is only because our 747 has the most crews and biggest need.

We are hiring for all widebody fleets. I'd say 767 CVG and 777 LAX are about equal odds.

If you want the 767, and ask for it in your interview, you'll probably get it. If you are lower time, or limited Jet or 121 time, the odds of the 767 probably increase. Lots of Shiny Jet Syndrome surrounding the 74/77.
Sorry, this is not currently correct. There are a lot more slots on the 77 and 74 then on the 767. Additionally, due to perceived QOL issue, the 767 has become highly requested airframe. One is more likely to be assigned the 77 or 74 then to the 76 as there just not enough slots for everyone that asks for it.
Atlasvet is offline  
Old 04-18-2024, 01:32 PM
  #20419  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Clue32's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO
Posts: 850
Default

Originally Posted by Atlasvet View Post
Sorry, this is not currently correct. There are a lot more slots on the 77 and 74 then on the 767. Additionally, due to perceived QOL issue, the 767 has become highly requested airframe. One is more likely to be assigned the 77 or 74 then to the 76 as there just not enough slots for everyone that asks for it.
Ya do realize I did say the best odds were for the 747. And I said "about," when comparing the twins.

From 01 December 2023 on the March seniority list we have 88 new 747 FOs, 43 new 777 FOs, and 36 new 767 FOs. These numbers don't acount for class size and attrition, just who was on property 5 weeks ago. Granted, the current list may show a greater split when looking at the latest classes for the 777 and 767.

So how about this, 747 50% odds, 777 30%, and 767 20%? +/- 10%
Clue32 is online now  
Old 04-19-2024, 04:29 AM
  #20420  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2022
Position: Part time employee
Posts: 172
Default

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
Ya do realize I did say the best odds were for the 747. And I said "about," when comparing the twins.

From 01 December 2023 on the March seniority list we have 88 new 747 FOs, 43 new 777 FOs, and 36 new 767 FOs. These numbers don't acount for class size and attrition, just who was on property 5 weeks ago. Granted, the current list may show a greater split when looking at the latest classes for the 777 and 767.

So how about this, 747 50% odds, 777 30%, and 767 20%? +/- 10%
They are currently assigning approx 25-30 to the 74 every three weeks and have been doing class sizes of around 20 on the 77. The 76 has been around 10. As mentioned, the reputation of the 76 has attracted a lot of attention and is requested frequently.

Thusly, the advice that "if you ask for the 76 you will likely get" is inaccurate. Many candidates express discontent when they don't get what they ask for.

The 76 fleet isn't growing while the 77 knows no bounds, for hiring one can expect further attention to the two larger airframes.
Atlasvet is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
astropilot92571
Hiring News
6
05-15-2024 01:03 PM
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices