Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2020, 08:33 PM   #1881  
Line Holder
 
blinkpilot182's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: B767 - Captain
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeJammer View Post
I just got an interview invite (16 Sep) for the Atlas Widebody fleet.

What are the average Block Times per month for the 747, 777, and 767?

Congrats on the interview.

I can’t speak for the 777. The 747 blocks more than the 767 but the safest course of action is to plan for guarantee. A lot of folks on here have mentioned that, and it’s true. Even if you bid a line that is well over guarantee you’re never promised to actually fly that line as awarded and at the moment we have no line protection.

Nevertheless, given the current state of affairs you’re in a good spot. Plan your budget around guarantee, fly safely beneath the radar until you’re off probation, and welcome to the show.

Cheers,
blink


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blinkpilot182 is offline  
Old 07-30-2020, 09:46 PM   #1882  
Line Holder
 
Mundergun's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeJammer View Post
I just got an interview invite (16 Sep) for the Atlas Widebody fleet.

What are the average Block Times per month for the 747, 777, and 767?
how long did it take you to get the invite? I’m hoping to hear back soon
Mundergun is offline  
Old 08-01-2020, 03:39 AM   #1883  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
boeingdvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundergun View Post
how long did it take you to get the invite? I’m hoping to hear back soon
next year get in line. 10k Pilots hitting the street.
boeingdvr is offline  
Old 08-01-2020, 05:36 AM   #1884  
Gets Weekends Off
 
nh2ri15's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 142
Default

Does Atlas/Southern require new-hires to provide a letter of resignation from their previous employers? Just curious, as I'm guessing that will affect a lot of the recently furloughed new-hires. Thanks!
nh2ri15 is offline  
Old 08-01-2020, 06:35 AM   #1885  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
boeingdvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh2ri15 View Post
Does Atlas/Southern require new-hires to provide a letter of resignation from their previous employers? Just curious, as I'm guessing that will affect a lot of the recently furloughed new-hires. Thanks!
AAWW knows it’s BS. I could see X-jet guys getting the call over anyone being on temporary furlough.
boeingdvr is offline  
Old 08-01-2020, 10:04 AM   #1886  
Gets Weekends Off
 
UnprotectdPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Position: CA
Posts: 148
Default

Any idea of how many pilots AAWW is looking to hire right now? I've read that they're trying to hire through the end of 2021. Are you guys short staffed, looking to grow? Obviously attrition isn't really much of a thing right now.
UnprotectdPilot is offline  
Old 08-01-2020, 10:36 AM   #1887  
Line Holder
 
Smash312's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Posts: 72
Default

Are Atlas hiring into a pool or are folks being given class dates straight after they interview?? Buddy I know just interviewed recently and has been sent a ‘you got through the interview and we’re placing you on a list’ - effectively a ‘pool’. Was under the impression class dates were being offered straight away.........
Smash312 is offline  
Old 08-01-2020, 10:44 AM   #1888  
Gets Weekends Off
 
C17B74's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX
Posts: 312
Default

Atlas does whatever they want and they do both. Immediate hire and pool.
C17B74 is online now  
Old 08-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #1889  
Gets Weekends Off
 
C17B74's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnprotectdPilot View Post
Any idea of how many pilots AAWW is looking to hire right now? I've read that they're trying to hire through the end of 2021. Are you guys short staffed, looking to grow? Obviously attrition isn't really much of a thing right now.
Anyone’s guess, but numbers have been thrown around - especially on the flt deck. Won’t add to any rumors we’ll just have to waste (not spell check) and see. 2020 was initially projected as a non-growth year, stagnant at best - now look at the entire industry = emplace, displace, replace, erase, dismal at best. There has really been nothing absolute and our retirements are low comparably speaking. Variables everywhere, crystal ball has been cracked. 2020 Hindsight will be factual, no pun intended.
C17B74 is online now  
Old 08-01-2020, 12:13 PM   #1890  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Liketoflyjets's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Position: B-58
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Anyone’s guess, but numbers have been thrown around - especially on the flt deck. Won’t add to any rumors we’ll just have to waste (not spell check) and see. 2020 was initially projected as a non-growth year, stagnant at best - now look at the entire industry = emplace, displace, replace, erase, dismal at best. There has really been nothing absolute and our retirements are low comparably speaking. Variables everywhere, crystal ball has been cracked. 2020 Hindsight will be factual, no pun intended.
Attrition is very much a real thing right now at atlas Look at their competitors hiring forums.....
Liketoflyjets is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ameriflight verticalspeed Part 135 5342 07-22-2020 09:44 PM
Atlas boeingdvr Cargo 150 09-12-2018 06:14 PM
Atlas Purchases Southern Air MD-11Loader Cargo 212 05-06-2016 10:20 AM
Atlas Purchases Southern Air MD-11Loader Mergers and Acquisitions 1 01-30-2016 07:21 AM
Evergreen loses LCF Contract to Atlas EZRider Cargo 2 03-09-2010 06:18 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:51 PM.