Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2015, 09:26 AM   #51  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 747 left
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbull View Post
No lavs . Only a blue juice porta john that is about 8 inches off the ground. You have to pull it out from the bulkhead. When I was there I didn't hear of anybody using it. Most guys just use a bottle they bring along.
Yeah, back in the day I worked for an outfit that had a similar setup. It's not the best situation but could always be worse. It gets really bad if you're doing legs that are 4 hours or more. Haven't heard much about this outfit though.. Are they hiring Captains? What's first year pay, schedule.? Are they in CASS? If so, do they have a commuter clause in their contract?
FEtoCPT is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 09:33 AM   #52  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Packrat's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,108
Default

FEtoCPT...

Check your PMs.
Packrat is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #53  
Banned
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 145
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEtoCPT View Post
Yeah, back in the day I worked for an outfit that had a similar setup. It's not the best situation but could always be worse. It gets really bad if you're doing legs that are 4 hours or more. Haven't heard much about this outfit though.. Are they hiring Captains? What's first year pay, schedule.? Are they in CASS? If so, do they have a commuter clause in their contract?
Um... Actually it sounds like a pretty bad situation. I'm a little shocked that this place would subject their employees to these conditions. This is extremely unsanitary and must be a very big inconvenience for the crew. Who cares how long the legs are, when you have to go, you have to go. Shouldn't professionals be treated a little better?
BBWsRULE is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 02:22 PM   #54  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Turbine's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Beach Chair
Posts: 115
Default

Some Pilots amaze me...
Multiple sources could post that..... a company is the worst outfit in the world. Citing examples of garbage pay, no benefits, no schedule and on call 24/7/365, broken and illegal airplanes, non existent training, .50 cent per diem, floating domicile, and instead of a lavatory onboard you crap and **** in a bucket......

Yet there is always someone who responds right below the above post........ What are their mins. !? Can I go to the right seat of the Jet, will they hire me if I bend over and take it up the arse!?

< FACEPALM !! >.
Turbine is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 03:31 PM   #55  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Natca's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
Some Pilots amaze me...
Multiple sources could post that..... a company is the worst outfit in the world. Citing examples of garbage pay, no benefits, no schedule and on call 24/7/365, broken and illegal airplanes, non existent training, .50 cent per diem, floating domicile, and instead of a lavatory onboard you crap and **** in a bucket......

Yet there is always someone who responds right below the above post........ What are their mins. !? Can I go to the right seat of the Jet, will they hire me if I bend over and take it up the arse!?

< FACEPALM !! >.
Sounds about right for the on demand 121 world. You Forgot to add a 30 min call out and 1 hour from call gear in the well time.

Yes this is real
Natca is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #56  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: MD-80/DC-9 Captain
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
Some Pilots amaze me...
Multiple sources could post that..... a company is the worst outfit in the world. Citing examples of garbage pay, no benefits, no schedule and on call 24/7/365, broken and illegal airplanes, non existent training, .50 cent per diem, floating domicile, and instead of a lavatory onboard you crap and **** in a bucket......

Yet there is always someone who responds right below the above post........ What are their mins. !? Can I go to the right seat of the Jet, will they hire me if I bend over and take it up the arse!?

< FACEPALM !! >.
Any pilot that bases a career decision on a message board amazes me.

Captain year one pay $92/hr, 60 hour guarantee/28 day period. First Officers $57/hr.
Medical, dental, 401k with 50% match to 8%, paid time off.
Lower 48 schedule 18/12 and home based. Tickets to and from work on the first and last day of your 18 days of work. Per diem $1.85/hr starts and ends at your house. Minimum 10.5 hours free of duty every day. Accomodations provided while you are at work.

Alaska based crews bid a schedule and are in their own bed every night. If the aircraft is broken write it up, no harm no foul.

Training for the turbojets is a minimum of 8 simulator sessions in a level C or D simulator. No such equipment exists for the DC-6 so that training is completed in the aircraft.

Never furloughed. Never a late paycheck. Got a problem? Walk into the owners office and hash it out.

Yes, it can be hard work but you can sure do worse out there. I hope you are as well off where you are.

Jim
acebaxter is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #57  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Turbine's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Beach Chair
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebaxter View Post
Any pilot that bases a career decision on a message board amazes me.

Captain year one pay $92/hr, 60 hour guarantee/28 day period. First Officers $57/hr.
Medical, dental, 401k with 50% match to 8%, paid time off.
Lower 48 schedule 18/12 and home based. Tickets to and from work on the first and last day of your 18 days of work. Per diem $1.85/hr starts and ends at your house. Minimum 10.5 hours free of duty every day. Accomodations provided while you are at work.

Alaska based crews bid a schedule and are in their own bed every night. If the aircraft is broken write it up, no harm no foul.

Training for the turbojets is a minimum of 8 simulator sessions in a level C or D simulator. No such equipment exists for the DC-6 so that training is completed in the aircraft.

Never furloughed. Never a late paycheck. Got a problem? Walk into the owners office and hash it out.

Yes, it can be hard work but you can sure do worse out there. I hope you are as well off where you are.

Jim
I was really just making a joke and speaking in general terms of the message board. Nothing against Everts directly although I found the bucket lav comment above, humorous.

Good to see a positive light about this company in your post. Many companies have positives, but people always seem to disclose more negative.
Turbine is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #58  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Packrat's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebaxter View Post
Any pilot that bases a career decision on a message board amazes me.

Captain year one pay $92/hr, 60 hour guarantee/28 day period. First Officers $57/hr.
Medical, dental, 401k with 50% match to 8%, paid time off.
Lower 48 schedule 18/12 and home based. Tickets to and from work on the first and last day of your 18 days of work. Per diem $1.85/hr starts and ends at your house. Minimum 10.5 hours free of duty every day. Accomodations provided while you are at work.

Alaska based crews bid a schedule and are in their own bed every night. If the aircraft is broken write it up, no harm no foul.

Training for the turbojets is a minimum of 8 simulator sessions in a level C or D simulator. No such equipment exists for the DC-6 so that training is completed in the aircraft.

Never furloughed. Never a late paycheck. Got a problem? Walk into the owners office and hash it out.

Yes, it can be hard work but you can sure do worse out there. I hope you are as well off where you are.

Jim
100% true. Add to that, the people at Everts are some of the nicest, most straight forward folks in aviation. Some of the "best" jobs in flying can't match the crews, mechanics and staff you'll work with at Everts.
Packrat is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 08:46 PM   #59  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: DHC-8 100/300
Posts: 843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebaxter View Post
Any pilot that bases a career decision on a message board amazes me.

Captain year one pay $92/hr, 60 hour guarantee/28 day period. First Officers $57/hr.
Medical, dental, 401k with 50% match to 8%, paid time off.
Lower 48 schedule 18/12 and home based. Tickets to and from work on the first and last day of your 18 days of work. Per diem $1.85/hr starts and ends at your house. Minimum 10.5 hours free of duty every day. Accomodations provided while you are at work.

Alaska based crews bid a schedule and are in their own bed every night. If the aircraft is broken write it up, no harm no foul.

Training for the turbojets is a minimum of 8 simulator sessions in a level C or D simulator. No such equipment exists for the DC-6 so that training is completed in the aircraft.

Never furloughed. Never a late paycheck. Got a problem? Walk into the owners office and hash it out.

Yes, it can be hard work but you can sure do worse out there. I hope you are as well off where you are.

Jim
Excellent post. Thank you for the accurate information.

Edit* I'd like to add that I've worked at a few small places before my current employer and the 2 that you could easily, without appointment, walk in and settle an issue with the OWNER were the best jobs I ever had. Takes a lot of respect on both sides of the desk to make that happen
PDTpilotXX is offline  
Old 10-31-2015, 01:06 AM   #60  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Aurora8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Armchair Capt
Posts: 192
Default

Do you Everts folks think I'd get an interview? 5000+ hrs, 2400 turbine (1250 of that PIC) and AK time...but, I haven't worked as a pilot for over 10 years. Love to get back to AK and flying but can't afford to work for nothin. Always wanted to fly a DC6 or a 9...
Aurora8 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cargo Flying Jobs lwaddle Hiring News 24 04-15-2018 03:22 PM
Could DL get JAL Cargo? They are selling... Bill Lumberg Major 32 01-30-2010 10:27 PM
Arrow Air Cargo info... Joachim Cargo 15 01-14-2009 03:39 PM
Mountain Air Cargo Hiring astropilot92571 Hiring News 4 04-26-2005 09:58 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:33 AM.