Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2018, 10:44 PM   #11  
Line Holder
 
Bengal's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywhat View Post
I spoke with HR at California Pacific Airlines yesterday. They were super friendly and eager to get an interview scheduled. Unfortunately my timeline for retirement from my current job didn't work for what they need at the moment.

I was given the following information about the operation:

They are planning a 4 on 3 off schedule for their pilots
PIC starting pay is $70,000
SIC starting pay is $50,000
Medical/Dental/Vision coverage provided
Will be flying the EMB-145 out of CRQ (Carlsbad, Ca)

As far as location goes, you couldn't ask for a nicer area. I REALLY hope they are successful.......this would be a perfect retirement job for me.
True you couldnít ask for a nicer area to live in. But you wonít be living in CRQ for $70,000/year, never mind $50,000/year.
Bengal is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 03:39 AM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
mexipilot84's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor
Posts: 913
Default

From the looks of it youíre actually being hired by ADI? Correct me if Iím wrong.
mexipilot84 is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 07:31 AM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FLYMIA's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: CRJ Left
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywhat View Post
I spoke with HR at California Pacific Airlines yesterday. They were super friendly and eager to get an interview scheduled. Unfortunately my timeline for retirement from my current job didn't work for what they need at the moment.

I was given the following information about the operation:

They are planning a 4 on 3 off schedule for their pilots
PIC starting pay is $70,000
SIC starting pay is $50,000
Medical/Dental/Vision coverage provided
Will be flying the EMB-145 out of CRQ (Carlsbad, Ca)

As far as location goes, you couldn't ask for a nicer area. I REALLY hope they are successful.......this would be a perfect retirement job for me.
$70K PIC?! In Carlsbad CA! That's gonna hurt. Retirement gig I can understand as you've probably built a nest egg and are from the area.
FLYMIA is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #14  
Wrenching on avionics
 
hav3atps's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: sitting
Posts: 151
Default

Curious if anyone else is in the 8/27 class. Drop me a PM. See you there..
hav3atps is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 04:04 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Tpinks's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexipilot84 View Post
From the looks of it youíre actually being hired by ADI? Correct me if Iím wrong.
You are correct. CPA bought ADI and rebranded it to CPA.
Tpinks is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 06:22 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
friend's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Posts: 121
Default

California is hiring pilots they just announced there new schedule.

I guess there will be no reserve and they only have 4 planes as of now

Any more info on this company. Will it be hard for them to find pilots
friend is offline  
Old 11-10-2018, 06:16 AM   #17  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
chirrut's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Default

Curious as to how the first week of operations has been going for CPA. Flights filling up? I still see pilot recruiting ads. Is the E170/175 going to make the certificate?
chirrut is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 04:34 PM   #18  
Perennial Reserve
 
Excargodog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 6,108
Default

Wow. Super marginal pay for the area and all of it taxable to the state of California as well as the Feds.

https://www.tax-brackets.org/californiataxtable

Unless you were locked in to living there anyway seems like a sort of money losing situation with all the better options out there.
Excargodog is online now  
Old 11-13-2018, 03:12 AM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
sailingfun's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
Wow. Super marginal pay for the area and all of it taxable to the state of California as well as the Feds.

https://www.tax-brackets.org/californiataxtable

Unless you were locked in to living there anyway seems like a sort of money losing situation with all the better options out there.
The state taxes would be the killer!
sailingfun is online now  
Old 11-18-2018, 12:31 PM   #20  
On Reserve
 
cj3guy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: PIC CJ3 Contract
Posts: 23
Default

They also have a 12-month training contract for non-typed PICs. Not sure about the SICs.

They are doing some flying out of DEN to South Dakota, but I can't afford a 2-year training contract at $40K+.
cj3guy is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scope: Outsourcing the Future OutsourceNoMo American 49 09-22-2017 08:05 AM
FDX - Airlines Balk at Indy Hub Bill DLax85 Cargo 3 08-30-2008 07:00 PM
Forbes - The Little Airlines That Can't multipilot Regional 11 06-15-2008 06:58 PM
JO... regional airlines are safer than showers groovinaviator Regional 24 02-11-2008 03:34 PM
Northwes Airlines Roundup redbaron84 Major 1 12-25-2005 09:49 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:31 PM.