Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 11-27-2016, 11:08 AM
  #8631  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: CRJ 200 CA
Posts: 210
Default

Originally Posted by WhiskeyDelta View Post
Delta still is and will be a highly competitive place to be hired for the foreseeable future. Because AK has been extremely successful at his job for a long time is precisely why Delta will not make a major course change with his rumored retirement. Resistance to a flow has never started with him. That goes way above him and involves many pieces even though he may be one. Anyone believing this represents major change with our hiring practices is dreaming, which is putting it mildly.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for your opinion. As always WD you are such an optimist.
Urbandrone is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 11:19 AM
  #8632  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Here and there
Posts: 1,906
Default

Originally Posted by Urbandrone View Post
Thanks for your opinion. As always WD you are such an optimist.
Optimist or realist? Sarcasm aside, depending on where someone sits in all of this is a matter of perspective. I think it's foolish to think just because one person may be retiring (still not confirmed/announced) that all of a sudden talk of a flow should be resurrected. That makes me more of a realist.

Lastly, whether you acknowledge it or not some pilots new to the game could actually make career decisions on all this conjecture. I'm sorry if you think I ****ed in your Cheerios but I believe it serves the greater good to keep rumors about this to a minimum. Again, that makes me more a realist than anything.
WhiskeyDelta is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 11:35 AM
  #8633  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler
Posts: 2,001
Default

I doubt there will be any change when AK retires. Why should there be? They know who they are and they know who they want. The only real reason 9E cares is because of our own staffing. I don't have the numbers but I believe AA has the market capacity share of entry-level aviators cornered in large part due to career progression. My opinion is born from the fact that compensation is pretty equal. So, screw the flow to mainline. Flow to DAL only comes from the Navy and the Air Mobility Command.

In addition to that, the lack of incoming aircraft means that we will now hire only for attrition. So reserve is likely to remain stagnant or even climb in seniority in DTW and MSP until say, next summer if the additional -200 rumor takes flight. -900 for even longer, perhaps. Again, I have no data and this is purely an opinion. Still, 9E is a good place to work with respect to being a regional carrier.
TalkTurkey is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 11:38 AM
  #8634  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Here and there
Posts: 1,906
Default

Originally Posted by TalkTurkey View Post
I doubt there will be any change when AK retires. Why should there be? They know who they are and they know who they want. The only real reason 9E cares is because of our own staffing. I don't have the numbers but I believe AA has the market capacity share of entry-level aviators cornered in large part due to career progression. My opinion is born from the fact that compensation is pretty equal. So, screw the flow to mainline. Flow to DAL only comes from the Navy and the Air Mobility Command.

In addition to that, the lack of incoming aircraft means that we will now hire only for attrition. So reserve is likely to remain stagnant or even climb in seniority in DTW and MSP until say, next summer if the additional -200 rumor takes flight. -900 for even longer, perhaps. Again, I have no data and this is purely an opinion. Still, 9E is a good place to work with respect to being a regional carrier.
I agree with almost of this except the comment about "flow" only coming from the military. Have you seen Delta's hiring stats since Jan 1, 2014? It's much more balanced between civilian and military than in their past.
WhiskeyDelta is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 11:48 AM
  #8635  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler
Posts: 2,001
Default

Originally Posted by WhiskeyDelta View Post
I agree with almost of this except the comment about "flow" only coming from the military. Have you seen Delta's hiring stats since Jan 1, 2014? It's much more balanced between civilian and military than in their past.
Flow as in the failure rate of military applicants. Virtually nonexistent. From my source, the only military applicant that fails to obtain a CJO is the one that gets it taken away following issues uncovered on day 2.
TalkTurkey is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 11:56 AM
  #8636  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Here and there
Posts: 1,906
Default

Originally Posted by TalkTurkey View Post
Flow as in the failure rate of military applicants. Virtually nonexistent. From my source, the only military applicant that fails to obtain a CJO is the one that gets it taken away following issues uncovered on day 2.
Then I'll add this little nugget. I interviewed over two years ago with 14 people. Any guesses as to the backgrounds of the 2 that didn't get the CJO on Day1?

Both were female military - one black 135 driver, one white fighter pilot. One failed the knowledge test, the other the HR portion.

If 2 failed Day 1, then I'd say the failure rate is higher than you or I believe it to be.
WhiskeyDelta is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 12:00 PM
  #8637  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 728
Default

AA offer true cradle to grave paths. You can be in the system as a CFI, flight benefits, etc then when you have your time, straight into an RJ class.

We are behind on that front, but hopefully not for long. The folks doing our recruiting/hiring are doing their best and staying ahead as much as possible.
Five93H is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 12:08 PM
  #8638  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Avroman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA
Posts: 3,087
Default

Originally Posted by TalkTurkey View Post
I doubt there will be any change when AK retires. Why should there be? They know who they are and they know who they want. The only real reason 9E cares is because of our own staffing. I don't have the numbers but I believe AA has the market capacity share of entry-level aviators cornered in large part due to career progression. My opinion is born from the fact that compensation is pretty equal. So, screw the flow to mainline. Flow to DAL only comes from the Navy and the Air Mobility Command.

In addition to that, the lack of incoming aircraft means that we will now hire only for attrition. So reserve is likely to remain stagnant or even climb in seniority in DTW and MSP until say, next summer if the additional -200 rumor takes flight. -900 for even longer, perhaps. Again, I have no data and this is purely an opinion. Still, 9E is a good place to work with respect to being a regional carrier.


Management is hoping to fix the stagnation in DTW and MSP with the opening of the "Southern 200 base" but I doubt that will help much if at all... How many guys that lived in MEM commuted to ATL just to fly the 900? Quite a few I'm told. What makes you think they are going to bid off the 900 in DTW or MSP to commute to the 200 in ATL??? I think this is a big miscalculation. We will become even more overstaffed on the 900 in DTW and MSP because even more flying on that plane is scheduled to shift to New York next year and the captains on that plane aren't interested in going to the 200 in any base. Now maybe you change some of their minds if you offered to pay them 900 pay to change planes, but I doubt it. They simply don't want the extra work involved with the 200 (extra legs per day and less automated systems for example) I think the only ways you move guys out of DTW and MSP 900 captain in any real numbers over the next 10 years is either a true flow through or a displacement. And a flow may not even be enough to thin these positions with how many lifers are there. Or bring flying back to those bases for the 900.. but that's not likely to happen in the next couple years as things currently are.

Last edited by Avroman; 11-27-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Avroman is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 02:28 PM
  #8639  
Property of Scheduling
 
higney85's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus driver
Posts: 2,558
Default

Originally Posted by Avroman View Post
[/B]

Management is hoping to fix the stagnation in DTW and MSP with the opening of the "Southern 200 base" but I doubt that will help much if at all... How many guys that lived in MEM commuted to ATL just to fly the 900? Quite a few I'm told. What makes you think they are going to bid off the 900 in DTW or MSP to commute to the 200 in ATL??? I think this is a big miscalculation. We will become even more overstaffed on the 900 in DTW and MSP because even more flying on that plane is scheduled to shift to New York next year and the captains on that plane aren't interested in going to the 200 in any base. Now maybe you change some of their minds if you offered to pay them 900 pay to change planes, but I doubt it. They simply don't want the extra work involved with the 200 (extra legs per day and less automated systems for example) I think the only ways you move guys out of DTW and MSP 900 captain in any real numbers over the next 10 years is either a true flow through or a displacement. And a flow may not even be enough to thin these positions with how many lifers are there. Or bring flying back to those bases for the 900.. but that's not likely to happen in the next couple years as things currently are.
I'll bid off and in a quick mental math game, I have 20 names of guys that would be doing the same. Ran out of fingers and toes. 20 + me in under 5 mins for the left seat. 12 flights on DL for 1:30 of time to ATL just from Mem... beats anywhere else hands down. Plenty of others have an easier commute to ATL compared to Dtw and NYC. Some even MSP. I did msp for a while and it worked out ok, and on my weekly flights up I still see many Mem nonrevs heading to or from. A southern base would do far more than attract newhires.
higney85 is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 03:12 PM
  #8640  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 728
Default

ATL would be very senior CA side. Half the guys I fly with are MEM or Florida commuters, and a handful of ATL two leg guys (how they stay sane...)
Five93H is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices