Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2021, 11:05 AM   #721  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Noworkallplay's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 786
Default

The UPS poster makes the most valid point. They do it without an Asia base. HKG could be closed in 3 months if need be. Look how much draft, housing pay, seed money, education money, return tickets, etc to keep it open. A couple deadhead tickets could be offset easily. OAK 76 and ANC 777 opened for a reason. The writing is on the wall. I find it interesting to see some of those screaming about how bad HKG was a year ago and now praying it doesn't close. They screamed and yelled themselves out of a great deal. They now realize the mistakes they made. I honestly feel bad for the group who didn't scream and yell and understood that most of the issues come with living in another country. Its goes with the territory when you bid and FDA. You cant have your cake and eat it to in all circumstances. I honestly hope things get better for the FDAs but we don't control government regulators and the knee jerk regulations and rules they make.
Noworkallplay is offline  
Old 02-20-2021, 11:40 AM   #722  
Gets Weekends Off
 
UnusualAttitude's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: B767
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
The UPS poster makes the most valid point. They do it without an Asia base. HKG could be closed in 3 months if need be. Look how much draft, housing pay, seed money, education money, return tickets, etc to keep it open. A couple deadhead tickets could be offset easily. OAK 76 and ANC 777 opened for a reason. The writing is on the wall. I find it interesting to see some of those screaming about how bad HKG was a year ago and now praying it doesn't close. They screamed and yelled themselves out of a great deal. They now realize the mistakes they made. I honestly feel bad for the group who didn't scream and yell and understood that most of the issues come with living in another country. Its goes with the territory when you bid and FDA. You cant have your cake and eat it to in all circumstances. I honestly hope things get better for the FDAs but we don't control government regulators and the knee jerk regulations and rules they make.
Someone in the HKG base really hurt you.
UnusualAttitude is offline  
Old 02-20-2021, 11:47 AM   #723  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Stan446's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 292
Default

Just ignore him.
Stan446 is offline  
Old 02-20-2021, 01:49 PM   #724  
Gets Weekends Off
 
wrxpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767
Posts: 1,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precontact View Post
UPS has never had an Asia crew base and we have been operating intra-Asia for years so it can be done.
UPS does a fraction of Intra-Asia Ops relative to FDX.
wrxpilot is offline  
Old 02-20-2021, 06:00 PM   #725  
Gets Weekends Off
 
IQuitEagle's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: B767F FO
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnusualAttitude View Post
Someone in the HKG base really hurt you.
Please stop quoting him (NoWork) so the rest of us who have blocked him donít have to see his crap.

Itís pretty clear that a HKG guy must have f-ed his wife while he was out on a trip he couldnít pick up for anything more than straight pay. Hence his bitterness. That, or he really should see a professional about his unfounded animosity.
IQuitEagle is offline  
Old 02-21-2021, 07:47 AM   #726  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Precontact's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
UPS does a fraction of Intra-Asia Ops relative to FDX.
I would be curious to see the numbers on this statement.
Precontact is offline  
Old 02-21-2021, 10:30 AM   #727  
Gets Weekends Off
 
wrxpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767
Posts: 1,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precontact View Post
I would be curious to see the numbers on this statement.
Well, to start:

FedEx has ~428 Aircraft in their main fleet
vs
UPS has ~277 Aircraft in their main fleet

FedEx IntraAsia Destinations:
https://www.airlineroutemaps.com/map...ific/Guangzhou
(we donít fly Cebu anymore and I donít know about the NZ stuff, otherwise the map is correct)
wrxpilot is offline  
Old 02-21-2021, 01:55 PM   #728  
Gets Weekends Off
 
HvypurplePylot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
Well, to start:

FedEx has ~428 Aircraft in their main fleet
vs
UPS has ~277 Aircraft in their main fleet

FedEx IntraAsia Destinations:
https://www.airlineroutemaps.com/map...ific/Guangzhou
(we donít fly Cebu anymore and I donít know about the NZ stuff, otherwise the map is correct)
Uhhh FedEx does not have 428 aircraft flown by FedEx pilots.
HvypurplePylot is offline  
Old 02-21-2021, 03:50 PM   #729  
Gets Weekends Off
 
wrxpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767
Posts: 1,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HvypurplePylot View Post
Uhhh FedEx does not have 428 aircraft flown by FedEx pilots.
What is the breakdown then? Does that 428 include the A/C flown intra-Canada and the EUR 737s?
wrxpilot is offline  
Old 02-21-2021, 04:15 PM   #730  
Gets Weekends Off
 
HvypurplePylot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
What is the breakdown then? Does that 428 include the A/C flown intra-Canada and the EUR 737s?
I have no idea where you're getting the 428 number, but any employee can see how many current trunk aircraft we operate.
HvypurplePylot is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Hire Classes and Drops MasterOfPuppets United 1094 03-04-2020 03:28 AM
UAL Pilot Deadhead Language gzsg Delta 102 08-29-2017 05:12 PM
TA Overview Airhoss United 179 11-15-2012 08:18 PM
SWA Lawsuit KC10 FATboy Major 29 04-18-2008 07:17 AM
Class I and Class II Navigation Illini Flight Schools and Training 3 11-06-2006 03:35 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:13 AM.