Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
BrianH's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2021
Posts: 59
Default Does ALPA speak for you?

Are you okay with the level of support and engagement we get from our MEC?

Are you okay with the fact that we are not allowed by ALPA to hold virtual local council meetings like the MEC, BOD, Executive Council and Board?

Are you okay with the fact that ALPA has not come up with any alternate means of compliance for Local Council meetings and we unable to submit agenda items, resolutions, or hold our reps accountable?

How confident are you with the MEC going into openers?

Are you in favor of PSPP? (spoiler alert, I bet the MEC is going to ask for it again)

Were you happy with the survey questions, especially the ones the MEC chairman said were not leading?
BrianH is offline  
Old 02-08-2021, 04:22 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NotMrNiceGuy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: 757/Left
Posts: 305
Default

Sweet. I can already feel the unity going into openers. The main thing Iím jealous of at UPS is the unity in negotiations as opposed to this junk. Can we at least see what happens before we run with the defeatist language? Why is this on a public forum before we even start?
NotMrNiceGuy is offline  
Old 02-08-2021, 04:44 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Noworkallplay's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMrNiceGuy View Post
Sweet. I can already feel the unity going into openers. The main thing Iím jealous of at UPS is the unity in negotiations as opposed to this junk. Can we at least see what happens before we run with the defeatist language? Why is this on a public forum before we even start?
Agreed. Why post this crap on a public forum.
Noworkallplay is offline  
Old 02-08-2021, 06:18 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Stan446's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 294
Default

The union is only as good as the elected people running it and the support its members give. Ive been here 25 years and every variation of our leadership has truly sucked. Nothing but lies and misinformation. The senior guys consistently take care of themselves at the expense of the junior guys, rember VEBA? I have zero faith our leadership will get us a good contract. But, we can finally vote NO on the crap they send us and also just work our BLG. But it doesn’t matter what organization we belong to, its up to the membership to vote.
Stan446 is offline  
Old 02-08-2021, 07:52 PM   #5  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
BrianH's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2021
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
Agreed. Why post this crap on a public forum.
How is asking questions crap?

Do we have Local Council Meetings to discuss items like this now?

Also, are you afraid of the answers?
BrianH is offline  
Old 02-08-2021, 08:23 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Sluggo_63's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2005
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Were you happy with the survey questions, especially the ones the MEC chairman said were not leading?
This was my favorite one. Asks 5 leading questions then is upset about leading questions.

FYI, I took the survey and didnít think the questions were leading.
Sluggo_63 is online now  
Old 02-08-2021, 08:55 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FXLAX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan446 View Post
The union is only as good as the elected people running it and the support its members give. Ive been here 25 years and every variation of our leadership has truly sucked. Nothing but lies and misinformation. The senior guys consistently take care of themselves at the expense of the junior guys, rember VEBA? I have zero faith our leadership will get us a good contract. But, we can finally vote NO on the crap they send us and also just work our BLG. But it doesnít matter what organization we belong to, its up to the membership to vote.

Please help me rember the VEBA, since I donít think I was here when that happened?
FXLAX is offline  
Old 02-09-2021, 12:57 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
flextodaline's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: moving target
Posts: 385
Default

If you're presenting a problem, obviously, you've got a solution.......Which office will you be posting for, BrianH?......
flextodaline is offline  
Old 02-09-2021, 03:06 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFDX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flextodaline View Post
If you're presenting a problem, obviously, you've got a solution.......Which office will you be posting for, BrianH?......
That was fast! The old "you cant complain about the conditions unless you run for a position" reply. Utter and complete BS of a response.
USMCFDX is offline  
Old 02-09-2021, 03:13 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFDX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan446 View Post
The senior guys consistently take care of themselves at the expense of the junior guys, rember VEBA?
VEBA is actually a good thing. Sounds like you really need to learn what it is.

My guess is you are referring to the $25K health savings card that went to a select age group. That indeed was a slap in the face to the junior folks.
USMCFDX is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALPA dues lake Delta 183 04-08-2018 04:20 PM
Settlement Agreement Reached with ALPA Shortfall2105 FedEx 5 08-01-2017 06:56 AM
ABX crews on strike???? HeavyLift Cargo 391 12-20-2016 06:27 PM
C-171 CA Rep election Birddog United 236 08-11-2016 07:55 AM
US Airways Appeal GW258 Mergers and Acquisitions 270 09-30-2012 07:48 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:10 AM.