Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List
Tuck

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2019, 07:16 AM   #3311  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Thrust Hold's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Position: 757 CA
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiFiLMETO View Post
What would be the wrong site? I've been using https://careers.fedex.com/ but I never saw a "pilot-attestation" page.
The old Pilot Credentials site that was used for quite a while.
Thrust Hold is offline  
Old 08-27-2019, 12:50 PM   #3312  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: G1159
Posts: 261
Default

has anyone who attended the expo been contacted?
diamnd15 is offline  
Old 08-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #3313  
Line Holder
 
opas76's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: EMB-145 CA
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamnd15 View Post
has anyone who attended the expo been contacted?
Nope......
opas76 is offline  
Old 08-31-2019, 01:55 PM   #3314  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 3
Default

Has anyone else noticed the new hours descriptions for hiring minimums? Just came to my attention. Big news for single-engine folks.
superpie is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #3315  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 8
Default

Hopefully someone can answer this.

On the “minimum qualification” page it states the requirement of “1500 total
fixed wing”. On the basic questionnaire when creating a profile it ask if you have 1500 total MULTI engine PIC/SIC. Which one are they wanting? If it’s only 1500 total time, but I’m required to click no on the other basic questionnaire that ask if I have 1500 MULTI then I can’t continue to create a profile. Thanks!
mkc1 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 12:52 PM   #3316  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc1 View Post
Hopefully someone can answer this.

On the “minimum qualification” page it states the requirement of “1500 total
fixed wing”. On the basic questionnaire when creating a profile it ask if you have 1500 total MULTI engine PIC/SIC. Which one are they wanting? If it’s only 1500 total time, but I’m required to click no on the other basic questionnaire that ask if I have 1500 MULTI then I can’t continue to create a profile. Thanks!
I doubt this helps, because what you are describing is either an error in the application software or a flaw in your test taking ability. But the first paragraph is a direct quote from the hiring page and the second is a direct quote from what management recently gave to us.

Flight Hours
1500 hours total fixed-wing
1000 hours PIC in jet aircraft is preferred; multi-engine turbo-prop aircraft, 12,500 pounds or greater; certain single engine turbo-prop aircraft, or combination thereof. A minimum of 500 hours PIC as described is required.

Two particular items of note. T-6 Texan II, Pilatus PC-12 and Osprey V-22 are now considered weight equivalent aircraft to meet the 1000-hour requirement of 12.5K LBS or heavier time. In other words, pilots of these aircraft, exclusive of other experience, may count this time towards FedEx requirements. C130, Q400, P3, and a few other large turboprop aircraft are now accepted as equivalent to turbojet time. This is good news for a considerable number of our applicants. The updates to accommodate these changes are within the FedEx software, so no action by those applicants is necessary
Fdxlag2 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 01:24 PM   #3317  
Gets Weekends Off
 
155mm's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2014
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdxlag2 View Post

Two particular items of note. T-6 Texan II, Pilatus PC-12 and Osprey V-22 are now considered weight equivalent aircraft to meet the 1000-hour requirement of 12.5K LBS or heavier time. In other words, pilots of these aircraft, exclusive of other experience, may count this time towards FedEx requirements.
The Osprey V-22 has a max takeoff weight of 60,500# see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Boeing_V-22_Osprey

So I doubt the inclusion is based on its weight but rather its category as a powerlift or vertical lift aircraft.
155mm is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #3318  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155mm View Post
The Osprey V-22 has a max takeoff weight of 60,500# see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Boeing_V-22_Osprey

So I doubt the inclusion is based on its weight but rather its category as a powerlift or vertical lift aircraft.
The point being that it counts now, and at some point did not.
Fdxlag2 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 03:34 PM   #3319  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdxlag2 View Post
I doubt this helps, because what you are describing is either an error in the application software or a flaw in your test taking ability. But the first paragraph is a direct quote from the hiring page and the second is a direct quote from what management recently gave to us.

Flight Hours
1500 hours total fixed-wing
1000 hours PIC in jet aircraft is preferred; multi-engine turbo-prop aircraft, 12,500 pounds or greater; certain single engine turbo-prop aircraft, or combination thereof. A minimum of 500 hours PIC as described is required.

Two particular items of note. T-6 Texan II, Pilatus PC-12 and Osprey V-22 are now considered weight equivalent aircraft to meet the 1000-hour requirement of 12.5K LBS or heavier time. In other words, pilots of these aircraft, exclusive of other experience, may count this time towards FedEx requirements. C130, Q400, P3, and a few other large turboprop aircraft are now accepted as equivalent to turbojet time. This is good news for a considerable number of our applicants. The updates to accommodate these changes are within the FedEx software, so no action by those applicants is necessary
Do you have at least 1500 hours total fixed-wing time as PIC or SIC in multi-engine turbo-prop or jet A/C or combination thereof?

This is a direct question from the questionnaire. Copy and paste.
mkc1 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #3320  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 3
Default

Same issue I've now run into. From what I can figure, the wording in the flight hours requirements section on the website has changed. The initial yes/no hours requirement question to create a profile has not.

Whatever requirement to have time in an aircraft 12.5K or greater has never come to my attention but good to know they're including more types.
superpie is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NJA vs FDX charleyvarrick Cargo 34 08-27-2011 12:10 PM
Political group does a 180 on FDX for UPS 767pilot Cargo 113 10-15-2009 07:19 PM
FedEx flies terminally ill girl home forgot to bid Cargo 6 09-30-2009 10:59 PM
FedEx to Modernize Retirement Plans?!?!?!?! angry tanker Cargo 91 03-08-2007 09:56 AM
FedEx hiring update Freight Dog Hiring News 4 09-17-2005 01:46 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:42 AM.