Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2015, 02:17 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
DLax85's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey
Posts: 2,853
Default FDX - Cew Notification

'Drafting for multiple positions in open time.'

When did pushing this out in real time via the crew notification system become standard ops?

??...Desperate times in mid-Aug...??

What happens when it starts to get chilly?
DLax85 is offline  
Old 08-18-2015, 02:49 PM   #2  
Fill'er Up Again
 
FrankTheTank's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Scarebus Captain
Posts: 852
Default

Hahaha. Reminds me of Forrest Gump..

"stupid is as stupid does"
FrankTheTank is offline  
Old 08-18-2015, 03:02 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
kronan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt
Posts: 2,007
Default

Ya don't build a Church for Easter and you don't build an airline for the Ides of August
kronan is offline  
Old 08-18-2015, 03:41 PM   #4  
Organizational Learning 
 
TonyC's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner
Posts: 4,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLax85 View Post
'

What happens when it starts to get chilly?

Union Busting 101: Employee does something stupid, Company fires employee, other employees get scared (angry maybe, but still scared), productivity goes up, work gets done.






.
TonyC is offline  
Old 08-18-2015, 04:29 PM   #5  
Part Time Employee
 
MaxKts's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Dispersing Green House Gasses on a Global Basis
Posts: 1,917
Default

I received the crew notification and I'm in the middle of my vacation footprint!

I guess they just blanketed the system with notifications.
MaxKts is offline  
Old 08-18-2015, 05:30 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO
Posts: 7,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxKts View Post
I received the crew notification and I'm in the middle of my vacation footprint!

I guess they just blanketed the system with notifications.
Called twice, but no notification. The trips sounded really nice and I had a lot of questions but it turns out I am unavailable.
FDXLAG is offline  
Old 08-18-2015, 05:47 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MaydayMark's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: MD-11 Captain
Posts: 4,287
Default CEW Notification?

CEW? I had to reach way back into my Navy Flight Training cobwebs? How many times did I identify "Crestview VOR"?

CEW - CRESTVIEW VORTAC

MaydayMark is offline  
Old 08-18-2015, 06:13 PM   #8  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 757 FO
Posts: 28
Default

Got called yesterday. Drafting for "multiple trips on the AM launch." I don't even live in Memphis. Alas, I had to go coach youth football.
SteveA is offline  
Old 08-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #9  
Cost Center
 
Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: 757 Capt
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLax85 View Post
'Drafting for multiple positions in open time.'

When did pushing this out in real time via the crew notification system become standard ops?

??...Desperate times in mid-Aug...??

What happens when it starts to get chilly?
I'm very curious as to how this complies with the pilot working agreement. Seems to me that there needs to be a grievance filed regarding:

Section 25.O. Scheduling - Draft (DRF)

  1. CRS shall offer a DRF assignment in reverse seniority order to pilots who are legal and available for that assignment.
  2. The first pilot offered a DRF assignment shall be the next pilot senior to the last pilot who accepted a DRF assignment.
How, exactly, is this being complied with while using a blanket crew notification? Am I to assume that people are calling them back in reverse seniority order?


Pipe
pipe is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 05:26 AM   #10  
"blue collar thug"!
 
iarapilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: A proponent of...
Posts: 1,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe View Post
I'm very curious as to how this complies with the pilot working agreement. Seems to me that there needs to be a grievance filed regarding:

Section 25.O. Scheduling - Draft (DRF)

  1. CRS shall offer a DRF assignment in reverse seniority order to pilots who are legal and available for that assignment.
  2. The first pilot offered a DRF assignment shall be the next pilot senior to the last pilot who accepted a DRF assignment.
How, exactly, is this being complied with while using a blanket crew notification? Am I to assume that people are calling them back in reverse seniority order?


Pipe
Just another example of the contract not being followed...maybe. Something our lawyers should be looking at, and our Union should be addressing in a communication to us.

Two weeks ago I got a crew notification that they were drafting for a particular day. A week ago I got called for a draft trip. I dont live in MEM. Things must really be bad. I cant imagine the pressure that the schedulers must be under to get trips covered.

Whoever dropped the ball on our pilot staffing should be drop kicked out the door. I would imagine PC would be the whoever.
iarapilot is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What a 58 YO UPS pilot thinks about the TA Zoro Cargo 32 07-26-2012 07:32 AM
Corporate Air Bleeds Purple vagabond Cargo 83 07-14-2010 08:27 AM
OooUps, they did it again. Ernst Cargo 148 07-08-2010 07:04 PM
FDX drivers- are you investing in your stock? ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE Cargo 61 03-19-2009 09:40 AM
What's the best way to get a job w/ FDX? Laxrox43 Cargo 77 06-05-2008 09:28 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:35 PM.