Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2021, 09:11 PM   #61  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MysteriousMrX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Posts: 244
Default hiring??

https://jobs.jobvite.com/xojet/job/o...ce=SkyJobs.com

looks like another Global.. but no other hiring Iím guessing?
MysteriousMrX is offline  
Old 01-31-2021, 06:30 AM   #62  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Peabody17's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Right Seat
Posts: 165
Default

No announcements yet on new airframes (CX or CL-300) or on new hiring. Many are waiting with baited breath...
Peabody17 is offline  
Old 04-12-2021, 03:59 PM   #63  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Apr 2021
Posts: 1
Default XOJet Hiring Again?

Looks like XOJet may be hiring again...can anyone confirm?

https://jobs.jobvite.com/xojet/jobs/category?c=Pilots
jtf76290 is offline  
Old 04-12-2021, 04:32 PM   #64  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
shrsailplanes's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf76290 View Post
Looks like XOJet may be hiring again...can anyone confirm?

https://jobs.jobvite.com/xojet/jobs/category?c=Pilots
I got an email inviting me to apply. I definitely have the hours, but Iím currently 121 and I donít know anyone at XO. I will do my best!
shrsailplanes is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 12:10 AM   #65  
Line Holder
 
lowflyby's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Posts: 53
Default

Quick question for those of you in the know. I'm former 121, but have been out of flying for almost 5 years. I'm an ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI, and A&P with 3,800TT, 2,800 121 time with CL-65 SIC type. Would I even be competitive with an XO application with lack of recency and no internal rec? I am looking to start applying everywhere next month and of course will get IFR current, etc. Is it even worth my time to fill out an application for XO? Thanks in advance.
lowflyby is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 03:25 AM   #66  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TeamSasquatch's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyby View Post
Quick question for those of you in the know. I'm former 121, but have been out of flying for almost 5 years. I'm an ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI, and A&P with 3,800TT, 2,800 121 time with CL-65 SIC type. Would I even be competitive with an XO application with lack of recency and no internal rec? I am looking to start applying everywhere next month and of course will get IFR current, etc. Is it even worth my time to fill out an application for XO? Thanks in advance.
the application asks when was your last flight as a pilot. You might want to at least have flown recently before applying. Maybe go get a 172 discovery flight.
TeamSasquatch is offline  
Old 04-13-2021, 03:55 AM   #67  
Line Holder
 
lowflyby's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
the application asks when was your last flight as a pilot. You might want to at least have flown recently before applying. Maybe go get a 172 discovery flight.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah like I said I would at minimum do a flight review and an IPC in a multi. Iíve also flown a King Air 200 in Central Asia for humanitarian purposes (thatís why I had to get my A&P, we were all pilot/mechanics out there) Have been living overseas for quite some time. Mainly just interested to know if XO would be interested in a candidate, who wonít be out of currency per se, but hasnít flown full time in a while. Definitely interested in the company though.
lowflyby is offline  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:31 AM   #68  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Peabody17's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Right Seat
Posts: 165
Default

lowflyby,

When I applied to XOJET pre-COVID, I had not flown full-time in almost 20 years. I had retired from the military in 2002 and was finishing another (non-flying) career with the government. I was flying in CAP, owned my own airplane, and was doing a little instruction and Part 91 flying on the side. XOJET took a chance on me, and Iím so very glad they did. Almost 600 hours my first year and Iím loving it!!!
Peabody17 is offline  
Old 04-14-2021, 06:15 AM   #69  
Line Holder
 
lowflyby's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Posts: 53
Default

Peabody,

Thank you so much for your response. Thatís encouraging to know. XOJET is where Iíd like to be once I return to the US next month and get back into the game. Iím hoping my overseas flying and managerial experience will fare well, but who knows? Peabody, mind if I send you a PM?
lowflyby is offline  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #70  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Peabody17's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Right Seat
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyby View Post
Peabody,

Thank you so much for your response. Thatís encouraging to know. XOJET is where Iíd like to be once I return to the US next month and get back into the game. Iím hoping my overseas flying and managerial experience will fare well, but who knows? Peabody, mind if I send you a PM?
Please do...
Peabody17 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shortage or Just Hiring Wave- Analysis PilotAnalyst Major 64 06-09-2012 12:29 PM
Phoenix Job Fair-Pilot Hiring Update for 2012 AeroCrewSolut Hiring News 2 01-26-2012 09:49 PM
American Eagle Hiring Mins Lowered to 500 hrs edavis Hiring News 22 06-29-2011 04:38 PM
What airlines are hiring? stbloc Hiring News 13 03-09-2011 03:56 PM
SKYW Hiring Koolaidman Regional 30 06-29-2007 02:31 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:07 PM.