Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 09-30-2018, 05:07 AM
  #10691  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,023
Default

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I travel for the military. On full-fare government tickets. Sometimes I buy tickets for personal travel. I bring my airline rollaboard, because it has all my stuff in it. I've been harassed for not checking in with the crew, and once even wrote a complaint about a DAL tool while traveling as a platinum miler.



If you're worried about policing non-compliant jumpseaters, check with the gate first to see if you actually have a JSer.


I’ve also been harassed by an Envoy CA while on a DH. After talking to the FO and FA, apparently he was notorious for this sort of thing.

Granted, I was not with a whole crew, so I can see how the optics might support his conclusion. His tactics were undesirable, to say the least.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4V14T0R is offline  
Old 09-30-2018, 06:22 AM
  #10692  
Junior Senior
 
LNL76's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa
Posts: 2,851
Default

My nomination is the heartless, hypocritical clowns who post terribly disrespectful things about Phil Trenary on social media. A man was executed in the street and they think it's a good time to disagree with how he ran Pinnacle AND say they're not unhappy he's dead?! Apparently, they were never taught if you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T say anything at all.
LNL76 is offline  
Old 09-30-2018, 06:51 PM
  #10693  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captjns's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar
Posts: 5,941
Default

Being a free labor/market society, individuals have the freedom to jump ship from an operation if they feel they are being obused, mistreated, taken advantage of, underpaid, overworked... well you can add more. But for anyone to wish death is just not right.

I feel bad for the wife, children, and future grandchildren.

I’m sure when your time comes, with no ill will, of course, you’ll be sorely missed by only those love you.

Last edited by tomgoodman; 10-20-2018 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Cleanup
captjns is offline  
Old 10-01-2018, 02:22 PM
  #10694  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 126
Default

lowcountryflyer is offline  
Old 10-01-2018, 02:24 PM
  #10695  
Junior Senior
 
LNL76's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa
Posts: 2,851
Default

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Being a free labor/market society, individuals have the freedom to jump ship from an operation if they feel they are being obused, mistreated, taken advantage of, underpaid, overworked... well you can add more. But for anyone to wish death is just not right.

I feel bad for the wife, children, and future grandchildren.

I’m sure when your time comes, with no ill will, of course, you’ll be sorely missed by only those love you.
There were already grandchildren..and thanks for making my point. No one forced anyone to work there OR stay there. Clowns!
LNL76 is offline  
Old 10-01-2018, 02:50 PM
  #10696  
Gets Weekends Off
 
labbats's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A320
Posts: 1,347
Default

Not forced to stay in a seniority based career?

Oh ok then you can both leave your carrier and start over tomorrow with no issues?

“If you don’t like it then leave” doesn’t apply to the airlines.

That said respect for the dead is always called for regardless of their transgressions.
labbats is offline  
Old 10-01-2018, 03:21 PM
  #10697  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 648
Default

Originally Posted by labbats View Post
That said respect for the dead is always called for regardless of their transgressions.
Why? If they didn't earn your respect while they were alive, they certainly don't suddenly deserve it just by dying.
echelon is offline  
Old 10-01-2018, 04:51 PM
  #10698  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 293
Default

Originally Posted by deadseal View Post
Old white man alert
jeez, people these days just want to divide us.
Glenntilton is offline  
Old 10-01-2018, 04:54 PM
  #10699  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 293
Default

Originally Posted by labbats View Post
Not forced to stay in a seniority based career?

Oh ok then you can both leave your carrier and start over tomorrow with no issues?

“If you don’t like it then leave” doesn’t apply to the airlines.

That said respect for the dead is always called for regardless of their transgressions.
Fact. He was doing a job, we don't like it, but no one deserves to be gunned down like that. Well, maybe a few politicians and IRS agents, but besides that...JK.
Glenntilton is offline  
Old 10-01-2018, 04:55 PM
  #10700  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: retired 767(dl)
Posts: 5,731
Default

Originally Posted by Glenntilton View Post
jeez, people these days just want to divide us.
Sounds reasonable, I'm way past multiplying.
badflaps is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices