Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 11-13-2018, 08:47 AM
  #10991  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Milk Man's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Posts: 695
Default

Originally Posted by labbats View Post
The airport managers in Bismarck and Idaho Falls that decided no discounts on coffee for airlines.

$3.35 for a styrofoam cup of Farmerís Brothers coffee in Bismarck or $3 for a pour it yourself cup from a Keureg in Idaho Falls is not ok.
Totally unsat, not cool!!
Milk Man is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 09:38 AM
  #10992  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 209
Default

With the discount it would be what, $2.99 or something?
Simpsons is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 11:20 AM
  #10993  
Rerouted On Weekends
 
Jaww's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: 320B
Posts: 2,136
Default

Originally Posted by labbats View Post
The airport managers in Bismarck and Idaho Falls that decided no discounts on coffee for airlines.

$3.35 for a styrofoam cup of Farmerís Brothers coffee in Bismarck or $3 for a pour it yourself cup from a Keureg in Idaho Falls is not ok.
How much does a cost cup on the plane ya cheap bastard?
Jaww is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 11:22 AM
  #10994  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 5,243
Default

Originally Posted by Jaww View Post
How much does a cost cup on the plane ya cheap bastard?
Gross. Thereís a reason you donít drink water from your RV tanks
OOfff is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 12:01 PM
  #10995  
Rerouted On Weekends
 
Jaww's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: 320B
Posts: 2,136
Default

Originally Posted by OOfff View Post
Gross. Thereís a reason you donít drink water from your RV tanks
Ok princess.
Jaww is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 12:19 PM
  #10996  
Banned
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Posts: 289
Default

Originally Posted by squib View Post
Yep. 90% of pilots are indeed tools. ATC asks a question. Don't respond with another question. Don't say "checking in" or "with you" and don't hover your hand on the flap lever. If you disagree, you are probably the guy people don't like flying with.
Thank you. Well said! Company XYZ said that on the radio and it sounded so cool. I think I'll say it. Some may not care about the words but the controller who has to hear this crap day in and day out certainly cares! Why don't we hear this BS in other parts of the world? Oh yeah, it's because they have this thing called maturity!!
WhaleSurfing is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 12:23 PM
  #10997  
Banned
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Posts: 289
Default

Originally Posted by squib View Post
It actually doesn't.



Congratulations on arriving 6 minutes early.
The SWA pilot who asks for direct when that actually gives them more of a NAM headwind. You mean six minutes late!
WhaleSurfing is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 12:26 PM
  #10998  
Banned
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Posts: 289
Default

Originally Posted by stroopwaffle View Post
I say ďwhat do you needĒ when I know we have enough gas/time to go as fast or slow as they want, gives them options.
Hey dummy....Wait until they ask you what they want or need. What a lame argument that is!
WhaleSurfing is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 03:19 PM
  #10999  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 112
Default

Originally Posted by WhaleSurfing View Post
Thank you. Well said! Company XYZ said that on the radio and it sounded so cool. I think I'll say it. Some may not care about the words but the controller who has to hear this crap day in and day out certainly cares! Why don't we hear this BS in other parts of the world? Oh yeah, it's because they have this thing called maturity!!
Totally agree!! Also, guys that end every post with an exclamation point! Or two!!

Letís not even get into people that use the ellipsis sign off...
CanWeGetTheLeft is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 05:29 PM
  #11000  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Posts: 591
Default

Originally Posted by WhaleSurfing View Post
Hey dummy....Wait until they ask you what they want or need. What a lame argument that is!



Annnnnnnnndddd 99% of the time they ask the question to base other's speeds off of yours. You don't need to respond to their question with another question. #gotemonthefishfinder
squib is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 10:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 08:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 09:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 09:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 11:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread