Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 04-10-2019, 01:42 PM
  #11721  
Rerouted On Weekends
 
Jaww's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: 717A
Posts: 2,937
Default

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer
You guys should try getting into the virtual airline world. It's a blast, you get the right PC and aircraft software then you said up your own personal parameters to get scheduled to fly.

Plenty of resources available for initial help. I programmed in 1000 hours of vacation time each year. Happiest airline experience I've ever had.
I won't do it unless I get weekends off and crew meals.
Jaww is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 02:47 PM
  #11722  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 65
Default

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer
You guys should try getting into the virtual airline world. It's a blast, you get the right PC and aircraft software then you said up your own personal parameters to get scheduled to fly.

Plenty of resources available for initial help. I programmed in 1000 hours of vacation time each year. Happiest airline experience I've ever had.
Started my own Virtual Airline! It’s called “Fare Air.” Started ourt strong and then the economy went south. I forced my pilots to take concessions and itmgot ugly. They started leaving for my friends virtual airline: “Better Airlines.” I had no choice but to keep junior manning my pilots into off days. I canceled 400 flights/day and was a sinking ship. Then my friends virtual airline offered me a capacity purchase agreement and saved the day. I had to lower wages and grate employees poorly to make sure I stayed competitive. I am now “Fare Air” dba “Better Air Expresstion”
Fit4Doody is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 04:28 PM
  #11723  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 65
Default

Originally Posted by Fit4Doody
Started my own Virtual Airline! It’s called “Fare Air.” Started ourt strong and then the economy went south. I forced my pilots to take concessions and itmgot ugly. They started leaving for my friends virtual airline: “Better Airlines.” I had no choice but to keep junior manning my pilots into off days. I canceled 400 flights/day and was a sinking ship. Then my friends virtual airline offered me a capacity purchase agreement and saved the day. I had to lower wages and grate employees poorly to make sure I stayed competitive. I am now “Fare Air” dba “Better Air Expresstion”
I nominate myself for Virtual tool of the day.
Fit4Doody is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 04:31 PM
  #11724  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Dolphinflyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 676
Default

Originally Posted by Fit4Doody
I nominate myself for Virtual tool of the day.
My wife disagrees. I'm a contender everyday.

Last edited by Dolphinflyer; 04-10-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Dolphinflyer is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 05:06 PM
  #11725  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 527
Default

On the virtual APC in my VA, all the posts are informative and constructive.

Turns out the world that seems real to us is actually the Spock with a beard world.
vessbot is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 07:55 PM
  #11726  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: Upright
Posts: 396
Default

It’s ALL just one big simulation.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-10/mit-professor-more-likely-we-are-simulation-not
CrowneVic is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 09:53 PM
  #11727  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,904
Default

Originally Posted by cactusflyer
I'd like to nominate the regional FO I saw sitting in the crew room (presumably on airport reserve) who had his laptop and joystick set up, and was doing a MS Flight Simulator version of one of the routes we do in the real world.

Making it even weirder, I'm pretty sure he was doing this for a "virtual airline", so he was simulating being at work, while he was actually being paid to sit and do nothing at work.
That's a nerd, not a tool. JMHO
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 01:49 PM
  #11728  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 126
Default

I nominate the obnoxious and rude Southwest captain on the MCO employee bus this morning. He decided that he could not fit his out of shape self and his 3 bags on the bus so he decided to yell at the top of his lungs for everyone to get "out of his way!" "move!!"
You should have seen the reactions of the folks trying to start off their day in peace and quiet. (including myself)
Very rude and disrespectful and definitely not becoming of a professional.
My suggestion for next time - wait for the next bus
lowcountryflyer is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 07:31 PM
  #11729  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: 737, ALL of the seats
Posts: 44
Default

Originally Posted by lowcountryflyer
I nominate the obnoxious and rude Southwest captain on the MCO employee bus this morning. He decided that he could not fit his out of shape self and his 3 bags on the bus so he decided to yell at the top of his lungs for everyone to get "out of his way!" "move!!"
You should have seen the reactions of the folks trying to start off their day in peace and quiet. (including myself)
Very rude and disrespectful and definitely not becoming of a professional.
My suggestion for next time - wait for the next bus
I think you must be mistaken. Are you sure it wasn’t a Spirit or Frontier pilot?
Gary Kelly is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 07:54 PM
  #11730  
Line holder
 
symbian simian's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A
Posts: 3,274
Default

Originally Posted by Gary Kelly
I think you must be mistaken. Are you sure it wasn’t a Spirit or Frontier pilot?
Not paid enough to get obese...
symbian simian is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices