Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 05-18-2019, 12:35 PM
  #12241  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 278
Default

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Getting this thread back on track, he's highly experienced retired AA and a media guy (like Les Abend). But TOTD for the terrible acting and sunglasses both inside the building and inside the simulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-tmcQebeN8
He kinda sounds like me, when I open the TOTD thread and see what it has become...
ďI canít control it. I canít control it!Ē
FMGEC is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 12:56 PM
  #12242  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Getting this thread back on track, he's highly experienced retired AA and a media guy (like Les Abend). But TOTD for the terrible acting and sunglasses both inside the building and inside the simulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-tmcQebeN8
The gear up call makes me cringe. As if the fo doesnít know where the gear handle is, and which way up is.
Fly10half is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 01:24 PM
  #12243  
Ready to strike!
 
at6d's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: B737
Posts: 3,202
Default

DC-3 style.
at6d is online now  
Old 05-18-2019, 05:41 PM
  #12244  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ItnStln's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,573
Default

Originally Posted by OOfff View Post
Personal attacks simply because I disagree with you and asked you for any evidence of your position? SMDH
Youíre the only one who attacks people here, yet you play the victim.
ItnStln is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 06:13 PM
  #12245  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 5,772
Default

Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
Youíre the only one who attacks people here, yet you play the victim.
Link me to a personal attack Iíve made, and Iíll request a ban and never return.
OOfff is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 07:00 PM
  #12246  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: 175 CA
Posts: 101
Default

Originally Posted by Fly10half View Post
The gear up call makes me cringe. As if the fo doesn’t know where the gear handle is, and which way up is.
What? The FO is reaching for it before he even calls for it... and because he doesn't slam it up like a mongoloid that means he doesn't know which way up is? I nominate you for TOTD for "cringing" over that.
MuPpET is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 07:48 PM
  #12247  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 617
Default

Originally Posted by MuPpET View Post
What? The FO is reaching for it before he even calls for it... and because he doesn't slam it up like a mongoloid that means he doesn't know which way up is? I nominate you for TOTD for "cringing" over that.
He was calling out the captain, not the FO. Read it again, you mongoloid.
echelon is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 08:37 PM
  #12248  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: 175 CA
Posts: 101
Default

Originally Posted by echelon View Post
He was calling out the captain, not the FO. Read it again, you mongoloid.
Check the syntax you mong
MuPpET is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 10:12 PM
  #12249  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by MuPpET View Post
What? The FO is reaching for it before he even calls for it... and because he doesn't slam it up like a mongoloid that means he doesn't know which way up is? I nominate you for TOTD for "cringing" over that.
Youíre right, I hadnít noticed the fo reaching before the gear up call. But the captain basically pointing to the handle, and doing the thumbs up motion as if to indicate which way the handle should go, is toolish in my opinion.
And yes, I was calling out the captain not the fo.
Fly10half is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 01:14 AM
  #12250  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: retired 767(dl)
Posts: 5,601
Default

Originally Posted by Fly10half View Post
Youíre right, I hadnít noticed the fo reaching before the gear up call. But the captain basically pointing to the handle, and doing the thumbs up motion as if to indicate which way the handle should go, is toolish in my opinion.
And yes, I was calling out the captain not the fo.
In the olden days the gear handle was down by the flap handle on the pedestal. You had to be specific, with the noise and all.
badflaps is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread