Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Major Legacy, National, and LCC
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2018, 04:41 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Boeing Driver
Posts: 878
Default Be very careful with the "SCAB" word

In reference to the other thread that was closed, those were not Boeing pilots. Boeing came up with an idea to use contract pilots (Cambridge Communications limited) to deliver aircraft and train pilots around the world. The actual Boeing pilots have been fighting for a contract for years. I knew a guy who told everybody he was going to Boeing but I quizzed him, as he wasn't American, and after some careful questioning, he did admit he was not actually going to Boeing. It would not surprise me if he was in Colombia flying the 787.

A number of airlines around the world are using these guys. Mostly foreign carriers. So, if you really want to support Boeing pilots, stop flying Boeings. We all know that is not going to happen. Just stop throwing the word Scab around like Candy, it's irresponsible.
Braniff DC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:12 AM   #2  
You scratched my anchor
 
Al Czervik's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,816
Default

I would love to not fly a Boeing!
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:37 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Posts: 1,639
Default

Boeing has very much disappointed me over the past decade or so.
jcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:29 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 683
Default

The guys in Colombia are scabs.
ReadyRsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:01 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Posts: 1,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyRsv View Post
The guys in Colombia are scabs.
Definitely.

We need a list.

When I started in this industry, most captains wanted to see your union card for a Jumpseat. And most carried a scab list.

Same with checkrides.

That’s the way it should be.

You **** your buddies like that, and the lifetime of payback is well deserved.
jcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:07 PM   #6  
You look like a nail
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post
In reference to the other thread that was closed, those were not Boeing pilots. Boeing came up with an idea to use contract pilots (Cambridge Communications limited) to deliver aircraft and train pilots around the world. The actual Boeing pilots have been fighting for a contract for years. I knew a guy who told everybody he was going to Boeing but I quizzed him, as he wasn't American, and after some careful questioning, he did admit he was not actually going to Boeing. It would not surprise me if he was in Colombia flying the 787.

A number of airlines around the world are using these guys. Mostly foreign carriers. So, if you really want to support Boeing pilots, stop flying Boeings. We all know that is not going to happen. Just stop throwing the word Scab around like Candy, it's irresponsible.
OK, Boeing has abused AMPA pilots since at least 2012, and by your own words "Boeing came up with the idea". So why exactly aren't these Boeing's scabs?

They crossed a picket line and flew struck work. "throwing the word scab around like candy"? Gimme a break, these guys ARE scabs. I'll give you that they aren't AMPA members, but the Avianca debacle was organized and facilitated by BCA, they ARE Boeing's scabs. No?
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:50 AM   #7  
Covfefe
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,017
Default

Providing pilots as initial cadre/trainers/whatever for 6 months that was agreed upon...ok. Flying struck work outside of that scope...scab. Jmo
BeatNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:13 AM   #8  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 22,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
Definitely.

We need a list.

When I started in this industry, most captains wanted to see your union card for a Jumpseat. And most carried a scab list.

Same with checkrides.

That’s the way it should be.

You **** your buddies like that, and the lifetime of payback is well deserved.
Not scabs.

Scab like behavior yes, I wouldn't want them at my company.

I wouldn't mind having a list (but it cannot be posted on APC).
rickair7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:28 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
awax's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Not scabs.

Scab like behavior yes, I wouldn't want them at my company.

I wouldn't mind having a list (but it cannot be posted on APC).
Not scabs? How do you figure?

This cadre of pilots performed struck work at the expense of Avianca pilots who were striking (and being fired for striking).

Absolutely scabs.
awax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:07 AM   #10  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 22,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awax View Post
Not scabs? How do you figure?

This cadre of pilots performed struck work at the expense of Avianca pilots who were striking (and being fired for striking).

Absolutely scabs.
They didn't cross a picket line, not scabs.
rickair7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time to take care of each other & be careful Chimpy Spirit 39 05-11-2017 01:39 PM
For the new hires be careful what you bid... Seggy United 164 07-19-2015 08:27 AM
Be Careful in Soup Lines... SmoothOnTop Money Talk 0 03-25-2009 05:39 AM
Any new word on Pinnacle?? Zarphious Regional 12 11-13-2006 01:36 PM
word du jour vagabond Hangar Talk 1 06-01-2006 12:57 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:04 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1