Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Mergers and Acquisitions (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/mergers-acquisitions/)
-   -   NWA fence proposal (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/mergers-acquisitions/32655-nwa-fence-proposal.html)

RockyBoy 10-24-2008 12:10 PM

NWA fence proposal
 
So it sounds like the NWA guys want a 10 year fence to give them the benefit of their "exceptional" attrition. It's funny how the fence stops when their retirements slow down and the Delta retirements get bigger. They want the benefit of their near term retirements to only go to them and then they also want the benefit of the large Delta retirements in 10 years to go to them. If we are going that way we need to have 35year fences.

heywood 10-24-2008 12:16 PM

blah blah blah blah

B7ER Guy 10-24-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heywood (Post 484892)
blah blah blah blah

Dave Stevens, is that you?

satchip 10-24-2008 02:12 PM

As long as they fence the bottom so they can reap their aircraft retirements also, the 10 year fence is fine with me.

Eric Stratton 10-24-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satchip (Post 484977)
As long as they fence the bottom so they can reap their aircraft retirements also, the 10 year fence is fine with me.

do you think delta would just shrink or farm out that flying to the regionals?

BigGuns 10-24-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Stratton (Post 485078)
do you think delta would just shrink or farm out that flying to the regionals?

What ? ? ?

Superpilot92 10-24-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Stratton (Post 485078)
do you think delta would just shrink or farm out that flying to the regionals?

new scope caps the regionals off and DAL has already announced over 100+ "RJs" will be parked in the near future.

Eric Stratton 10-24-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGuns (Post 485133)
What ? ? ?

satchip thinks the nwa planes will be parked and whats to protect the delta pilots. I was wondering if he thinks the airline will replace them with mainline aircraft, regional aircraft or just parked w/o a replacement.

Eric Stratton 10-24-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBoy (Post 484886)
So it sounds like the NWA guys want a 10 year fence to give them the benefit of their "exceptional" attrition. It's funny how the fence stops when their retirements slow down and the Delta retirements get bigger. They want the benefit of their near term retirements to only go to them and then they also want the benefit of the large Delta retirements in 10 years to go to them. If we are going that way we need to have 35year fences.

isn't nwa only asking for a partial fence for their "exceptional" attrition seen as no one has to retire for another 4 years. essentially the fence is for only 6 real years of retirement between both companies and nwa's retirements are to last from years 5-15. (age 65)

Superpilot92 10-24-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBoy (Post 484886)
So it sounds like the NWA guys want a 10 year fence to give them the benefit of their "exceptional" attrition. It's funny how the fence stops when their retirements slow down and the Delta retirements get bigger. They want the benefit of their near term retirements to only go to them and then they also want the benefit of the large Delta retirements in 10 years to go to them. If we are going that way we need to have 35year fences.



Its a fence, not dynamic seniority. The retirements would benefit both sides because both sides move up a number every time someone retires. Only those specific positions would be fenced. Therefore any guys at DAL that are below a "senior" NWA pilot wouldn't be effected by those that are technically above them on the list.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:58 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands