Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Hageland Aviation-Ravn Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 09:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Position: Pa31

All pilots current pay was cut! So yeah we’re making less today then we were yesterday. As far as the management goes we lost our DO and CP in the past week. I don’t know the reason behind it but they both left management to get back into flying.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by Sidewinder99 View Post
All pilots current pay was cut! So yeah we’re making less today then we were yesterday. As far as the management goes we lost our DO and CP in the past week. I don’t know the reason behind it but they both left management to get back into flying.
Welp, theyr'e a special kind of stupid, aren't they? I'd heard from someone at our company who used to be in mgt at Raven and still knows a bunch of folks there, that the resignations were over the pay cut. Certainly sounds plausible, but unless they make a public statement we'll probably never know for sure. If the upper level management is so clueless as to cut pay in today's market, there's probably no shortage of other issues that might prompt Operational Management to resign.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Also .. sorry about the pay cut. That sucks. Hope you have your next move figured out and it's to a better place.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

All pilots current pay was cut! So yeah we’re making less today then we were yesterday.
And one more thing ... Was this just announced today? I'd heard about the cut and the resignations sometime before the 17th.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

I’m having a hard time believing this because of how absurd it sounds.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Panzon View Post
Does Bob Hadjucovic (sp) still have an equity position in the company?
According the Ravn's news blog Hajdukovich became Vice President of the board of directors, whcih kind of implies that he's still got an equity share.

This is the guy who's been CEO since August. I'm assuming that there's not a separate CEO for Hageland.

Pflieger brings over three decades of aviation experience to Ravn. His award-winning career includes prior positions as the CEO of Fiji Airways, Silver Airways and most recently of Island Air, Larry Ellison’s privately held airline in Hawaii. Pflieger was also a founding officer and senior executive at Virgin America, and held senior management roles in operations, safety and legal at Delta Air Lines. While at Delta, Pflieger was also a B757/767 and B737 pilot. Pflieger graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy and served in the United States Air Force as a B-52 instructor pilot and a C-130 pilot. He holds a JD (with distinction) and an MBA from Emory University.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:20 AM
Line Holder

Yeah the pay was just cut yesterday. The DO left probably around two weeks ago and the chief pilot just moved on....... we kinda got wind that management was leavig so it wasn’t a huge surprise. We heard of a possible pay cut but just assumed that it was a rumor. Apparently not
Old 04-25-2018, 06:46 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Yeah the pay was just cut yesterday. The DO left probably around two weeks ago and the chief pilot just moved on....... we kinda got wind that management was leavig so it wasn’t a huge surprise. We heard of a possible pay cut but just assumed that it was a rumor. Apparently not
Sorry about the paycuts. I am still interested in an SIC job to get my career in aviation started. Is there any reason that I shouldn’t pursue an SIC job there? Is the future of the company looking stable? Thanks.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:21 AM
Line Holder

I think Hageland is a great opportunity to get your hours. I’m sure the company is doing fine and has a great future ahead of them. It’s not hard to turn around a company and put it in a cash flow positive direction when you take everyone’s money away.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by AKBushRat View Post
What are they thinking?
Two words: planned obsolescence