CFI or Mokulele

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 09:37 AM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Does Mokulele have an approved SIC PDP?
They didn't back then. PDP is a very new thing. I don't know if they have one now.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

[QUOTE=themenace321;2770524]
Originally Posted by PT6LOL View Post

so you said according to the reg, unless the operator is participated in PDP or otherwise logging SIC is not legal?
Yes .
Old 03-01-2019, 09:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by dera View Post
PT6LOL has personal experience with FAA not accepting SIC time in C208 at Mokulele.
PURPOSE OF THIS ADVISORY CIRCULAR (AC). This AC provides information and guidelines to Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) part 135
air carriers/operators to aid in the development of a Second in Command Professional Development Program (SIC PDP) which meets the requirements of part 135, § 135.99(c). This program allows a pilot employed by the part 135 air carrier/operator and serving
as an assigned second in command (SIC) in a multiengine airplane or single-engine, turbine-powered airplane to log SIC flight time during operations that do not require a second pilot.

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_135-43.pdf
Old 03-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

I guess the real question is will employers post regional care about this 208 SIC time?

Obviously the regionals aren’t minding, but moving to major/lcc after makes we wonder if they will question the time or strength of applicant.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by DanMarino View Post
I guess the real question is will employers post regional care about this 208 SIC time?

Obviously the regionals aren’t minding, but moving to major/lcc after makes we wonder if they will question the time or strength of applicant.
Depends hiring boards/HR have a double standard when it comes to the old moral compass.

Airlines need pilots... no doubt about that... However with the letigous society of today... corporate attorneys want to ensure their companys’ butts are covered having the old I dotted... and T crossed.

The old moral compass thing goes include the smaller 135 operators too. SIC PDP not being included in their banner should be an omen to the unsuspecting. Logging time as SIC is a big no no.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:15 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

I considered Mokulele but the cost of living in Hawaii and a $15/hr pay was just wayyyy too off-putting. You either have to have family members who you can live with, or split an apartment with 4 other pilots, so I decided to CFI. It's really not bad, I actually kind of enjoy it, just get your CFII because only training primary students blows.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2019, 10:07 PM
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by DanMarino View Post

A couple of majors specify that they don’t allow applicants to count military flight engineer, WSO, EWO, and similar time.

Only time in a fixed wing aircraft is counted, this specifically excludes simulator, helicopter, WSO, RIO, FE, NAV,EWO and UAV
It is difficult to believe they will give more credibility to SIC time in aircraft that have no actual requirement for an SIC.