Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 04:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Qualified by whose definition? Ratings? Total Time? Type of Operations?
Really all of the above. Raising the min times again, requiring higher jet and turbine times. College degree required and not preferred. Almost every place that list College preferred will only hire College educated. Time in type is making a comeback too. For a while that was not really a required like before the pilot 'shortage'. Also, so many mainline airline pilots the retire at 65 apply into Part 135 or Part 91 Corporate flying and it makes it tougher on younger guys trying to get started. I am not agreeing with all of this but all this is happening.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
Also, so many mainline airline pilots the retire at 65 apply into Part 135 or Part 91 Corporate flying and it makes it tougher on younger guys trying to get started. I am not agreeing with all of this but all this is happening.
I recently taught a 30+-year Major airline guy who had to retire at 65 (obviously). He was 66. Said he got bored at home. Went to a 135.

I just nodded and tried to keep from rolling my eyes too hard.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:33 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2020

What is the likelihood hood of changing bases after starting.
say BNA to CLT?
Is CASS active with the mainlines?
Old 03-18-2020, 09:57 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Contour just announced yesterday 3/17/2020 they are shutting down airline operations except EAS
Old 03-18-2020, 12:07 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by BuddyDuke View Post
Contour just announced yesterday 3/17/2020 they are shutting down airline operations except EAS
Shutting down the five at risk routes until at least 7/1. EAS was still the larger part of the scheduled business, and all charter operations remain unaffected. Really nothing different than what every other airline is announcing.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:25 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2020
Default Hiring - CLT / Updates on IND?

Saw they were hiring out of CLT. Is demand increasing?

Also any updates on the STL/IND/PIT route? That was a thing then COVID made it not a thing anymore.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:04 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Position: along for the ride

Originally Posted by LineGuyJ View Post
Saw they were hiring out of CLT. Is demand increasing?

Also any updates on the STL/IND/PIT route? That was a thing then COVID made it not a thing anymore.
I can’t imagine STL-IND runs now that WN is picking it up.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:38 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Default Management is a Bunch of Express jet refugees

who bailed Express jet when the company was still doing well and they would question YOUR career moves... the CEO is this kid who did not achieve his position because of experience or past performance....( family connection)

Originally Posted by klondike View Post
I applied last month.
8600 TT
5 types
7400 turbine.

Got a “Thanks but no Thanks”

Whatever
Old 12-22-2020, 06:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default Well

Nice people and the company is doing well in this mess BUT, the pay is low and the schedule is poor. It's 11on/4 off. No, I am NOT lying. They, like others, are taking advantage of the current situation. I think furloughees would NOT be considered especially after what happened yesterday. Part 135 is doing well because of the situation but, there are still a lot of unemployed dudes and dudettes looking for work that have no place to go! It's going to be a while so hang onto your hats and coats kids. CFM pays more than Breeze so there's that.

It's NOT a bad place to work just the pay and the schedule is all but if someone told you your pay was One Million dollars a year and you only had to work Thursdays, someone on this site would say EVERY THURSDAY. that's BS man!
Old 12-29-2020, 10:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Angry AND then

Around thanksgiving they were jerking one of the captains around. The flight he was suppose to dead head on took off without him on it. He walked in to HQ and handed in his ID and Ipad. Quit right on the spot. Rumor that three more are about to leave.