Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2022, 05:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by JDumas View Post
That’s only on CA side. Ton of FOs so it’s not a prob for them
Why is that, do you think? Is it possibly because roughly half of their original captains have resigned over the past couple years, and 500 hr FOs are easier to find?

unfortunately the schedule has been coming out average of 5 days prior to the new month-everybody is ****ed about that- and it has your route assignments for the month. Go where you’re scheduled.
So, you can confirm that? The schedule comes out 5 days before the end of the month, and the company can send you wherever THEY want you to go, without any approval on your part? How do you guys schedule anything in your personal lives with 5 days notice before the end of the month?!?!?! That's crazy.

Page and OAK are getting the least flight time of the fleet.
Then 50-70 hours per month would be an overestimate for those bases? With all the other stuff, it might not be. Genuinely curious...

That’s a subjective assessment.
Fair enough...
Old 03-27-2022, 08:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CH2T Worst plane ever

Any working at contour here? I’m a frontier guy and would like to know if you allow jumpseaters and/or nonrevs?
Old 04-05-2022, 08:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Boeing 757/767 First Officer

Originally Posted by Aviatormar View Post
Any working at contour here? I’m a frontier guy and would like to know if you allow jumpseaters and/or nonrevs?
Unless something has changed, they will allow anyone to jumpseat as long as they have the valid CASS credential and the captain has no objections.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain

Thanks everyone for the thread. Looks like I am well-qualified as DEC on the ERJ, and even with the negative comments it looks more appealing and lucrative than any 121 FO slot that I could get - and the time counts towards the 121 PIC requirement as well. I'll keep watching & reading, happy for feedback.
Old 05-09-2022, 03:09 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2022
Default Application/Interview Process

Hello! I have seen a few posts in this thread regarding the flexibility of applications and the training process. Does anyone have any information about the interview process and tips to prepare if selected for an interview with Contour? Thanks!
Old 05-14-2022, 06:39 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2021
Default Re-

Originally Posted by tatecopeland325 View Post
Hello! I have seen a few posts in this thread regarding the flexibility of applications and the training process. Does anyone have any information about the interview process and tips to prepare if selected for an interview with Contour? Thanks!
Hey Tate.

My experience was an initial screening phone call and then a one on one interview with the chief pilot. He asked me all kinds of commercial pt. 91 and normal IFR questions. I would study pilotcafe IFR guide and you should be good for the technical. After the interview, we went and sat and talked to the executive VP. It was very laid back. A few days later they called an offered me the job.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:41 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2022

Thank you!
Old 05-15-2022, 05:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: L188
Angry Be very careful

They are really untrustworthy and if it's still the same Chief Pilot G.E. look out!

They make it sound good and that they are nice people but they aren't. They are abhorrent people and will and that executive is one of the worst people in aviation. If it's still the same ex Express Jet person.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. 6 pilot's quit in an eight month period it was so bad.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post
They are really untrustworthy and if it's still the same Chief Pilot G.E. look out!

They make it sound good and that they are nice people but they aren't. They are abhorrent people and will and that executive is one of the worst people in aviation. If it's still the same ex Express Jet person.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. 6 pilot's quit in an eight month period it was so bad.
Wait, what 135 with a roster of 100 or more wouldn't be thrilled with that attrition rate? You weren't happy there but about 92% are happy enough it seems. Maybe time to let it go?
Old 05-17-2022, 05:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: L188
Angry CRJ vs ERJ

10 pilot’s on the CRJ and six quit in eight months. Only two airplanes. The chief pilot stalked, not made up, one of those that quit. And it didn’t stop there. You have no idea what goes on at that place. With all the hiring going on, why go to a low paying a moral company. I bet if your chief pilot stalked you you might think differently but go ahead, give em a try.