Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 04:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

Originally Posted by Boats and Hos View Post
You need to be really cautious with CFM. They will lie to you and then spy on you. Go to a decent regional with a flow. You can apply to every airline but you still have a flow. CFM is a real waste of time and energy.
As it's been already discussed, this is YOUR experience. Me and many good friends worked there, and there were zero lies, no spying, and it was not a waste of time. Thanks to that job, I made it to a regional and then to where I am today. They were very professional and respectful during my year there.

With than being said, I was ERJ, CRJ could be a different story, that I don't know. And last point I want to make, don't do CFM instead of a regional. Suck it up and fly your ass off at a regional, no shortcuts really.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:25 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2021
Default First Officer

Hello, does anyone have contact information for Contour recruitment? I live in the Pittsburgh area and work at KPIT, and I would love to have the opportunity to fly for Contour! Currently, I am sitting around 300TT with all my ratings done. I am eager to start my career and have a ton of 135 operations experience. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Speed tape and prayers

Originally Posted by pittsburghpilot View Post
Hello, does anyone have contact information for Contour recruitment? I live in the Pittsburgh area and work at KPIT, and I would love to have the opportunity to fly for Contour! Currently, I am sitting around 300TT with all my ratings done. I am eager to start my career and have a ton of 135 operations experience. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely instruct for a little bit. get to 500 hours then do something else (aerial survey, pipe patrol, etc) if you don’t want to instruct. Get some quality time under your belt before you strap on a jet. I know extremely low time right seaters were a regular thing once, but at that kind of time most people are less than useless as a right seater. All that will come, but don’t sacrifice experience just to get into a jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2021, 04:06 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by pittsburghpilot View Post
300 TT is TOO low…and this is coming from someone who despises contours disregard for safety and its own employees. Hence, why i left!
Old 12-06-2021, 04:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Thats about the funniest thing ive read in a while. I got hired onto the turboprops when they were there with about 320ish TT and us less experienced guys did just as well as those with prior time. Airlines used to hire people with 250 hrs everyday before the whole colgan thing.

glad to see this page is still alive and well with toxicity. I havnt been there in some time but if anyone has any questions id be happy to answer them in DM’s…
Old 12-06-2021, 05:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jetstreamdriver View Post
. Airlines used to hire people with 250 hrs everyday before the whole colgan thing.
…Exactly my point. the 250 hr TT was a bad thing. Sure plenty of people caught up, but it wasn’t pretty. No toxic thoughts here, just experience taught me a lot. FYI, I worked for Colgan.

Old 12-06-2021, 05:35 PM
Line Holder

250 hrs led to poor qaulity if life for regional folks but last time i checked the US Navy trains people to fly F-18’s off boats with maybe 200-300 hrs TT. Someone should probably write them and telling them theyre doing it wrong
Old 12-06-2021, 05:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jetstreamdriver View Post
250 hrs led to poor qaulity if life for regional folks but last time i checked the US Navy trains people to fly F-18’s off boats with maybe 200-300 hrs TT. Someone should probably write them and telling them theyre doing it wrong

….Now you are comparing Mom and Pop Flight school Inc and All ATP’s to Military flight training and screening? Come on man…

Old 12-06-2021, 05:41 PM
Line Holder

Absolutely I am. I saw plenty of people with 1500 hrs of “experience” instructing in 172’s struggle in new hire regional training. Those of us with prior experiencewith flows, checklists, and CRM were much less stressed.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:54 PM
Line Holder

Anyway, since i didnt work at colgan and according to previous posts i was probably less than useless as i right seater I will leave this thread be. DM is still available