Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 08:45 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Boeing 757/767 First Officer

Originally Posted by CRJJ View Post
Never flew for Mesa, I left for Skywest, now almost two years on the 737 at Atlas and soon the 747, when seatlock is up.

Based in BUF, briefly, then PHX. How about you?
So you were a part of the Onejet operation then? That makes sense. I didn't do any of that.

I was Macon based but I did almost everything that CFM did with the ERJ; EAS, RW charters, Nissan contract, and even government services. Suffice it to say that things have changed drastically sense you left.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

Originally Posted by Omen38 View Post
So you were a part of the Onejet operation then? That makes sense. I didn't do any of that.

I was Macon based but I did almost everything that CFM did with the ERJ; EAS, RW charters, Nissan contract, and even government services. Suffice it to say that things have changed drastically sense you left.
Yes sir, Onejet for less than two months, daily round-trip to Albany, nice schedule!.

Then just flew as Contour out of PHX. First just Page, then they connected with LAS, SBA, OAK, CEC. Long days for sure, but I enjoyed my time there, and company was good to me.

Did things change in a bad way?
Old 03-03-2022, 04:56 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Boeing 757/767 First Officer

Originally Posted by CRJJ View Post
Did things change in a bad way?
Were you home-based when you came over from OneJet?
Old 03-03-2022, 02:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

Originally Posted by Omen38 View Post
Were you home-based when you came over from OneJet?
No I wasn't. I was based in BUF, and I had to move there from Denver with all my stuff, to then drive back to PHX 6 weeks later after all the Onejet issues lol.
I flew out of CEC too for a while, but based in PHX.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:12 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by Turboaddict21 View Post
Do you know that information but for the ERJ-145?
ERJ side- working 12-16 days a month

Depends on the base for overnights. Some overnight at out stations. Some come back to base.

50-70 hours flight time each month.

Upgrades are seem subjective. Most come after 1+ years.
Old 03-06-2022, 11:02 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by JDumas View Post

Depends on the base for overnights. Some overnight at out stations. Some come back to base.

Thank you!
Old 03-09-2022, 07:21 AM
On Reserve

Lately, I've heard that it can be as much as 20 or more. Aren't they now paying pilots to not call out sick as well? I heard someone mention that but maybe it was just a rumor.

Are they scheduling pilots to fly out of their assigned bases without asking them beforehand? For example: Are they making Nashville based pilots fly the Charlotte/Beckley route without asking them ahead of time? I remember that being a huge point of contention.

On average, across the fleet maybe. What are the Oakland/CEC pilots getting per month?

Yes, I've heard that management allegedly likes to "play favorites", which has caused problems in the past apparently.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:14 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by KobayashiMaster View Post
Lately, I've heard that it can be as much as 20 or more. Aren't they now paying pilots to not call out sick as well? I heard someone mention that but maybe it was just a rumor.
That’s only on CA side. Ton of FOs so it’s not a prob for them

Are they scheduling pilots to fly out of their assigned bases without asking them beforehand? For example: Are they making Nashville based pilots fly the Charlotte/Beckley route without asking them ahead of time? I remember that being a huge point of contention.

unfortunately the schedule has been coming out average of 5 days prior to the new month-everybody is ****ed about that- and it has your route assignments for the month. Go where you’re scheduled.

On average, across the fleet maybe. What are the Oakland/CEC pilots getting per month?

Page and OAK are getting the least flight time of the fleet.

Yes, I've heard that management allegedly likes to "play favorites", which has caused problems in the past apparently.
That’s a subjective assessment.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

With all due respect, Kobayashi, what are you talking about? It's clear you've never worked here. We have always been scheduled for 18 days per month. No more no less. Some of those days can be assigned as reserve, and for most of us that live in basis, 12-16 days of duty and the balance as reserve days is typical. Back in October/November, there were lots of opportunities with incentive pay to pick up additional flying and so yes, some of us did fly 20 days or so, but those opportunities have largely subsided. I haven't seen a single email from scheduling in the past couple of months with any open time opportunities. To be honest, the ERJ ranks have never been better staffed than they are right now, and I've been here several years. We did have a large number of people leave in the fall when hiring at other airlines really ramped up, I think 4 or 5 to ABX alone, but the company committed to rectifying the staffing levels within a few months and they did.

Your example of the Nashville based pilots flying out of Charlotte is a terrible example. Nashville, while a base, has never been an overnight location. Nashville based pilots have always been used around the system and it has never been a point of contention. I think the issue was West Coast based pilots didn't like having to travel to the East Coast to cover flying, which I understand since the East Coast flying is typically more intense. Some of us on the East Coast actually like the West Coast rotations for a pairing of lighter flying. Now, the West Coast flying is largely covered by pilots that live in base or by the home based crewmembers. But there has never been an understanding that we couldn't or wouldn't be used out of base.

Tell me, if you've never worked here, where did you hear that management likes to play "favorites"? I've never felt that way. Some people are ready to upgrade at 1500, some aren't, so upgrades are subjective in that sense. Some people newly typed on the aircraft are ready to upgrade in six months, some not until after a year or longer. It's not a seniority number driven environment, but if you are competent pilot capable of functioning as PIC I am hard pressed to think of anyone that wasn't upgraded at the appropriate time.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:18 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by FlyBoy443 View Post
Tell me, if you've never worked here, where did you hear that management likes to play "favorites"? I've never felt that way. Some people are ready to upgrade at 1500, some aren't, so upgrades are subjective in that sense. Some people newly typed on the aircraft are ready to upgrade in six months, some not until after a year or longer. It's not a seniority number driven environment, but if you are competent pilot capable of functioning as PIC I am hard pressed to think of anyone that wasn't upgraded at the appropriate time.
If it was so awesome there, then why did you leave for Envoy?