Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 07:13 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by salukipilot View Post
6 legs a day with 10 hour overnights for 4-5 days in a row, 8-15 in a row for captains. Go to JSX
Saluki, what are you talking about? I've been here for years and no one on the ERJ side has ever been scheduled for 15 days in a row. CRJ side yes there's something like that, but only the people that specifically request a 14/14 schedule. I'm ERJ PIC and the home based guys are scheduled for a maximum of 8 days in a row, but never in markets that operate 6 legs a day. When assigned a 8 day pairing, it's in a market that is 2-4 segments daily. Even in the 6 leg markets, it's never 4 days in a row of 6 leg days because those markets are only 2 legs on Tues/Sat. Look at the CLT schedules, they are a max of 6 days with a half day on day 1 and day 6 to position in or take over and it's likely that at least somewhere in the middle of that pairing will be a 2 leg day.
Old 07-22-2022, 08:47 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: Jumpseat

Originally Posted by FlyBoy443 View Post
Saluki, what are you talking about? I've been here for years and no one on the ERJ side has ever been scheduled for 15 days in a row. CRJ side yes there's something like that, but only the people that specifically request a 14/14 schedule. I'm ERJ PIC and the home based guys are scheduled for a maximum of 8 days in a row, but never in markets that operate 6 legs a day. When assigned a 8 day pairing, it's in a market that is 2-4 segments daily. Even in the 6 leg markets, it's never 4 days in a row of 6 leg days because those markets are only 2 legs on Tues/Sat. Look at the CLT schedules, they are a max of 6 days with a half day on day 1 and day 6 to position in or take over and it's likely that at least somewhere in the middle of that pairing will be a 2 leg day.
Thanks for detailing all of that. Do you think it's possible to commute as an FO? Say I was awarded ERJ, but live 5hrs from BNA....will the typical ERJ FO schedule allow for hopping in the car for 5hrs if I can't get a jumpseat? I'm seeing all kinds of horror stories that suggest I can't make it work, but I'd put more stock in your opinion given that you're there.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:08 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by LateToTheParty View Post
Thanks for detailing all of that. Do you think it's possible to commute as an FO? Say I was awarded ERJ, but live 5hrs from BNA....will the typical ERJ FO schedule allow for hopping in the car for 5hrs if I can't get a jumpseat? I'm seeing all kinds of horror stories that suggest I can't make it work, but I'd put more stock in your opinion given that you're there.
Unfortunately not, because reserve periods are a 2 hour call out to show.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: Jumpseat

Originally Posted by FlyBoy443 View Post
Unfortunately not, because reserve periods are a 2 hour call out to show.
Ok, reserve could be handled by a crash pad. What about for line holders?
Old 07-23-2022, 06:49 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Default Contour safety

I found this on Glassdoor regarding Contour among other safety issues reported, and I was hoping for somebody to advise me.

Person said:
“Safety is only a marketing term to this company. Expect no quality of life, you will rarely be home. Sales runs the company, they will do anything and everything to complete a scheduled flight, and you will be expected to conceal maintenance issues and any other issue to passengers to help the company save face and keep up the facade that it is a high flying executive level luxury charter business. Bear in mind that this is a 135 airline masquerading as a "scheduled carrier" because of the loosely cobbled together EAS route structure. Not a 121 airline. Just about every operating practice at Contour would be illegal in the 121 world, and pushes the limits of legality even under part 135.”

Admitted, I’m not a pilot. But I really feel like I need some honest advice from people who are on whether on not trust my personal safety to fly with them despite seeing so many safety warnings from others? Can anyone kindly provide some guidance or insight? Thought I’d ask the experts. Thank you for understanding.
Old 07-26-2022, 11:54 AM
On Reserve

Seems like some obsolete hiring practices here, either that or things are moving at the pace of a snail. Have a friend who interviewed twice and didn’t hear back, no simple TBNT email or otherwise. Kind of a bad look in today’s hiring environment. Also have my own app in and heard nothing.
Old 07-26-2022, 06:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

Originally Posted by coconut View Post
Seems like some obsolete hiring practices here, either that or things are moving at the pace of a snail. Have a friend who interviewed twice and didn’t hear back, no simple TBNT email or otherwise. Kind of a bad look in today’s hiring environment. Also have my own app in and heard nothing.
so company sucks because you applied and they didn’t call you?
Old 07-27-2022, 06:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by CRJJ View Post
so company sucks because you applied and they didn’t call you?
That’s funny as hell
Old 07-27-2022, 08:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: L188
Angry Correct

Joejack, 100% true. I don’t know why with all the info out there, including all the other regionals hiring, anyone would even think of Contour.
Old 07-27-2022, 10:01 AM
On Reserve

Post Re: Contour Airlines Safety

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post
Joejack, 100% true. I don’t know why with all the info out there, including all the other regionals hiring, anyone would even think of Contour.
Thank you for writing back. You are the first person on here to respond to my question. As a passenger, if I could drive 7 hours versus fly with them for 1.5 hours, would it be safer for me to drive? Would you recommend I avoid them as a passenger? There should be zero excuse for them cutting corners on safety. Do you work for them or have experience with Contour? Does Contour cut corners on safety?