Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 11:14 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by LateToTheParty View Post
Ok, reserve could be handled by a crash pad. What about for line holders?
No, it still wouldn't work. You don't have a "line". You don't really have a "Base" in the traditional sense either but that's a longer discussion. They will send you to other bases, off your route, without your consent or prior coordination. They will have you sit reserve for bases that aren't yours but you're still expected to be within 2 hours of your assigned base. The term "line holders" is meaningless there. You go where the fling you... Full stop!

Oh, and as was mentioned before, you usually don't know what your schedule is going to be until 5 days before the month starts.

It's chaotic and unpredictable.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

It wasn’t like this for me3 years ago. ERJ PHX based. Never flew me or forced me to fly out of base.
granted, things may have changed in all these years.
Old 08-10-2022, 05:37 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by KobayashiMaster View Post
No, it still wouldn't work. You don't have a "line". You don't really have a "Base" in the traditional sense either but that's a longer discussion. They will send you to other bases, off your route, without your consent or prior coordination. They will have you sit reserve for bases that aren't yours but you're still expected to be within 2 hours of your assigned base. The term "line holders" is meaningless there. You go where the fling you... Full stop!

Oh, and as was mentioned before, you usually don't know what your schedule is going to be until 5 days before the month starts.

It's chaotic and unpredictable.

You’ve been on this thread months, speaking with supposed experience.
Where were you based?? And when?
Old 08-17-2022, 07:06 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2022

Just wanted to write back and say thank you to all who helped with my questions regarding Contour safety. I ended up flying with them (as a passenger) and had a great experience. It’s a route I will be using often, so that’s why I wanted to be sure.
Old 09-05-2022, 06:24 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Position: Nunya Business

Anyone know when they'll begin hiring for their Embraer 135 SIC position? Applied a while back but got an email saying that window was closed for the time being.
Old 09-07-2022, 05:21 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by KermitFlyer View Post
Anyone know when they'll begin hiring for their Embraer 135 SIC position? Applied a while back but got an email saying that window was closed for the time being.
Last I heard (mid July, from a Contour pilot/recruiter), they're planning to call applicants for interviews Oct/Nov.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:08 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Position: Nunya Business

Originally Posted by mikejulietpapa View Post
Last I heard (mid July, from a Contour pilot/recruiter), they're planning to call applicants for interviews Oct/Nov.
Awesome, thank you!
Old 09-16-2022, 09:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain
Default 135.265 or .267?

Are the home-based ERJ skippers doing .265 or .267?
Old 09-18-2022, 05:38 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by JDumas View Post
You’ve been on this thread months, speaking with supposed experience.
Where were you based?? And when?
It's a bad idea to "air your dirty laundry" with this company. They have a long memory and its been rumored that they'll mess with your PRIA if you cross them. That's all I'll say...

You guys are smart enough to read between the lines, and decide if this is somewhere you want to work.
Old 11-16-2022, 04:53 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Angry Still confused...

I've never seen SO MANY bad reviews commenting about EXTREME lack of safety, FAA violations, maintenance problems, and unsafe aircraft as I have for Contour. There's simply no way to ignore them anymore. There's no logical way to explain it. If you type in Contour, these incidents come up. And they are extremely concerning... Can somebody please explain why I don't see this same thing for American, United, Delta, and Southwest? I'm about to ditch all the tickets I bought from Contour, even though they are nonrefundable, and just drive from other major airports on a major carrier. and pay a LOT more money.... I'd rather arrive to my destination alive...

Just recently, since my last post, somebody posted the following...

"(Begin quote)
Cons:
EVERYTHING!!! THIS COMPANY IS A COMPLETE LIE !! THEY TOTALLY 💯 SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN AND INVESTIGATED BY THE FAA !! BUT THEY WONT BE , BECAUSE THE SHADY US GOVERNMENT PAYS THEIR SALARY!! They are unsafe, unethical, untrained, unaware, uncoordinated, uncool, and uncomfortable to work for ! WORK HERE THEN LEAVE IF YOU HAVE TO ! I WISH SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME !! This place is a good honest flight attendant’s nightmare!! Please pray that FAA goes after them -
"(End quote)

And there's a LOT more recent ones. I just don't get it. I know people will write back and say "well you don't know if somebody had a grudge" but I don't think for a second all these people are just making up these FAA violations accusations... It's too many to ignore. When somebody gets terminated from Delta or United, which probably happens all the time, I don't see all these accusations of major safety issues...

I don't know how I expect anybody to respond. But I'm just extremely confused. Again, I appreciate the insight, but I'm surprised one pilot on here hasn't voiced some concerns too.